Bad
Good

My school is one of the best when it comes to implementing and adhering to the needs of the students. The teacher, therapists, coucelors and even the prnicipal and assistant principals get involved in the students' progress and annual goals.

I love P.S 176x178 the school and teacher's have done so much for my daughter. I think the staff is just amazing and the principal is a beautiful person. They love these children. I don't know what I would do without them. I truly feel blessed to have them. Jennifer Maldonado Parent of Payton Davis

This school is a great place to work in and a great place for students on the spectrum to attend. As an educator at this school we uphold ourselves to high standards given to us by the DOE and our administrators. Our motto "Working Together" defines who we are. I run a team approach in my classroom...our team consists of the classroom staff, the students, the related service providers, the parent coordinator, and of course the parents. I love the support 176 has to offer both staff and parents! It's a great place to learn and work in!

FINDINGS OF COMPLAINT INVESTIGATION NEW YORK STATE COMPLAINT AGAINST PS 176X Received: February 24, 2012 PS 176X violated federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to the education of students with disabilities, ages three to twenty-one: 1) during the 2010-2011 school year, PS 176X in District 75 failed to provide English as a second language (ESL) service to students with disabilities with limited English proficiency as per their IEPs. 2) during the 2010-2011 school year, PS 176X in District 75 failed to develop IEPs which address the language needs of students with disabilities with limited English proficiency. Statements Of Fact: "The Principal of PS 176X [Rima Ritholtz] stated that students with disabilities with limited English proficiency did not receive ESL service as per their IEPs during the 2010-2011 school year...." "The Principal [Rima Ritholtz] further stated that students with disabilities with limited English proficiency remain unserved or underserved for ESL service during the 2011-2012 school year."

This is an amazing program for students with autism who range in age from 3 to 21. There are 6:1:1, 8:1:1, and Inclusion classes. They have a Salsa Band, Chorus, all students participate in Art, Music, and Computer classes, and the staff truly cares for their students.

I am a parent of an Autistic child and this school caters to my child's special needs. I recommend this school to all parents with children that have special needs.

Great school!- lots of support from staff. My children have done very well in this school.

Last modified Ps 176 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8, 12