Bronx, NY

Posted February 23, 2015
I like SBAAM because always go to technology to do my work. It helps me get my work done fast. I like to use computers and the internet for personal play as well. I find that games help calm me down. Some of my teachers have shared educational games with us that have made learning more fun. My favorite subject is art because I like to paint. Painting is fun to do because it helps me focus and allows me to take my time completing my work. Art is the one subject I enjoy very much. Gym is another class I have fun in because I am active. I like to play basketball, freeze tag, and playing frisbee. In my other subjects I feel like doing more hands on activities to help me learn. I know that in math when I use manipulatives the class is easier. I would like to games like Mine Craft to incorporate learning for math or science.

Posted February 13, 2015
In this school there were a lot of problems between students. But the school is safe, we are safe. Not once haven t I seen the staff take care us the way they do to protect us, I love this because I feel very safe. Recently,we just started transitioning by ourselves from class to class. It is very fun and gives us the independence we have been looking forward to. On another note, the girls in this school get mad because we do not have sport teams. In this school the majority of my friends are here and because of it I feel at home. So far I have enjoyed all my classes because in every class each teacher would give us a good advice. The advice usually would be about life and how we can appreciate the things we have today for a better future tomorrow. I would recommend this school because it is a good school and it will help you a lot.

South Bronx Academy For Applied Media 4

Posted February 13, 2015
I look forward to my next year. The reason I look forward to next year is because I can use the things I have learned and use the advices that have been given in the three years I ve been here. Being in this school I have learned that some teachers may be nice when they want to. I ve learned that students are open to trust their teachers because they help them out whenever they have a problem. Students form relationships with their teachers because they are more than teachers, they make you feel like their friends. The teachers show they care for us and are willing to make a difference in our lives. I appreciate that. If you are looking forward to learn in an environment with adults that care you I recommend this school for you.

Posted February 09, 2015
In my opinion, I think that this school is in fact good. The teachers really do care. It is easy to gain trust and bond with them. One thing about the school that helped me out big time was a summer program called Summer Quest . This summer program helped me out to start the school year in 6th grade. I did not entirely know a lot of people so it helped me to socialize prior to the start of the school year. This DID give me a couple of close friends and I m still friends with them in the 8th grade. Also, the extra curricular choices were very persuasive. SBAAM had two teams (Junior Varsity) basketball and football that made it to the championship finals! But they have teams that are for includes other sports such as baseball, basketball, volleyball, flag football, and even track and field.

Posted February 03, 2015
I am more than excited that I was accepted into South Bronx Academy For Applied Media. Others may say that this school has horrible teachers but , GUESS WHAT?! , Those same teachers have motivated me to do better. They taught me what I had to learn and now I'm in 8th grade and possibly will be taking the regents. When I was applying to middle schools I thought about my role model, My sister Kristy A. Paz who now attend Lehman college . She graduated as the valedictorian in this school. She took the regents in 8th grade passed them and graduated one year earlier in high school. I thought " I want to be like her!". I maintained my grade because I knew this was the first step to following her footsteps. All the teachers admire my hard work and I can now say how proud I am about myself. I have always loved school and its work because challenges are what makes me stronger. The trips that my classes have gone to have been so much fun. They all bring me some type of interest. I am proud that I was able to move forward without drama and that's all thanks to the staff members and teachers in this school. I believe that South Bronx Academy is great.

South Bronx Academy For Applied Media 4

Posted February 03, 2015
I love this school because of how nice the teacher are and they are honest with you when you have a bad grade they help you boost it up. Also, we can transition all by ourselves. It is also a great place to make friends you even get along with a lot of people you have in common with. The opportunity levels are really helpful and they guide you in the right path to get ready for high school later on in life.

Posted January 28, 2015
I enjoy gym because I get to go out to play, play outside, and play different sports. I like basketball, soccer, football, hockey, and dodgeball. I prefer art over all my other subjects. I like to draw on my spare time and feel like I can express myself easier through art than writing. I would love to learn martial arts. I learned about it in the sixth grade and wish I could try it out now but it was taken out. I would appreciate it if the staff were friendlier and not be so loud. It gets me upset and then I cannot do work. Overall I feel like SBAAM is a great school. I wish it could be more fun.

Posted January 28, 2015
My school experience at SBAAM is good. As a sixth grader we have M.S. Extra, it is an afterschool program that has study hall where we get help with our homework, they have different clubs we can join. I have made a lot of friends and I am learning how to play chess and other board games. I like M.S. Extra because we spend a lot of time doing home work and we still have fun while we laugh and play. In M. S. Extra we follow a schedule to keep us on track. For example, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we do homework, on Tuesdays we focus on the sciences, and on Fridays I go to Robotics and Chess. I really like Robotics because you make things out of Legos and we make the Lego robots move. I like to build things out of Legos and find it amazing that we can make them move. I only like M.S. Extra because you have fun and the teacher help me with the homework.I wish school during the day would be as fun as it is in MS. Extra.

Posted January 28, 2015
I chose to come to this school because it is a media school. I like that in my classes my teachers let me use ipads for special activities or projects. For example, in my strategic reading class we are able to read online through MyOn. Having this opportunity to use an ipad has increased my interest in reading because I do not have to hold a book. I prefer to read about sports. I also met new teachers over the year.

Posted January 28, 2015
I have been at SBAAM for a year and have enjoyed it. This is my second year at South Bronx Academy for Applied Media. I like that I have gym, technology, and art. Gym is fun because I get to play basketball. I like technology because I use computers to do all my work. In art I get to draw, paint, and go on trips to the museums. My favorite museum was The Museum of Natural History. I like this school because the afterschool program called MS Extra helps us out with your homework, we do fun activities like dance and the science club. Fridays we get to do whatever we want like play on the school ipads.

South Bronx Academy For Applied Media
778 Forest Avenue, Bronx, NY  10456
Last modified South Bronx Academy For Applied Media is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Bronx Academy For Applied Media Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top