Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

Its been 3 weeks since school has started and my child has not receive any home work nor has she been able to tell me what she has learned in school

Develops character: Strongly disagree

my child is black and speaks English, and i feel this school caters to Hispanic speaking children only. I also believe that they only accept black kids to meet there quoter

I dont know where to start. on her first day of school i was able to remove her with out the teacher even knowing that she was missing. she has been places on the wrong school bus on her way back home. I sent her to school with money to purchase a tie she returned to school with out a tie nor money. I sent the school art teacher an email and im still waiting for a reply. For a first time mother this has been the worst expirence even. Im pulling her out asap.

Develops character: Disagree

The teacher s dont even watch the students.. Students are being bullied. Then u have students that dont know English ...in a class with English speaking students. The school is just backwards...

Ive never in my life seen a school being run like this. First off ..on the first day of school u just drop ya child and their supploes off. What ever happened to seeing ya childs class...and all that stuff. Then the teachers dont have control over their classroom...theres 1 teacher to about 30 students. The kids are bad...bullying..and all sorts off stuff. My daughter doesnt even like going to school...and thats really that she feels this way in K. Then when u wanna speak to the teacher ...u gotta make an appointment...who does that. Next year my child will definitely NOT go to this school. And im personally gonna call 311 and voice about this horrible school.

This school opened this year in a brand new building and there is no organization. When I try to reach out to teachers, it takes about two weeks to hear a response or they tell me they never got the messages. I called in the afternoon and heard from security that all office staff takes lunch at the same time. Also the spanish workload is too much for my child. We' don't speak spanish and we take about an hour or two going over the homework. This school seems better for families who know spanish.

I am very happy with this school. I am Spanish but my son didn't speak Spanish until he entered this school. THE discipline is great and the best thing is they don not accept bullying. When something happen they immediately take action. TGhe teachers are very nice and they always keep communication with parents. Great school. I would definitely put my daughter there when she starts kindergarten next year. And hopefully I can find another charter school for my son who is leaving ICA next year. k

This school has been my worst nightmare. Teachers complain all the time about every kid. They are trying to reach perfection and perfection only "exist in the dictionary". They lower down your kid self-esteem because they always expect more than what the child can give. I have heard from many parents about their children crying out of frustration cause they cant meet the teacher's (school) expectation. My child falls in this category as well. Also their dual language teaching (English and Spanish) backs up the kids which are not Spanish dominant.This school expect the children to perform in Spanish at the same level as in English. Overall very disappointed with this school standards :-(.

My daughter started her elementary education here and they did a great job. With the grades she got from the SBCS; she was able to get in to a catholic school with a 50% discount on her tuition. I want her back in the SBCS but her mother want to keep in the catholic school. Her teacher Ms. Alfonzo was wonderful.

pretty good school. my sons teachers were very thorough and show concerned about their students

Last modified South Bronx Charter School Inter Cultures And Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.