Bad
Good

South Bronx Charter School Inter Cultures And Arts 1

Posted March 23, 2015
This school opened this year in a brand new building and there is no organization. When I try to reach out to teachers, it takes about two weeks to hear a response or they tell me they never got the messages. I called in the afternoon and heard from security that all office staff takes lunch at the same time. Also the spanish workload is too much for my child. We' don't speak spanish and we take about an hour or two going over the homework. This school seems better for families who know spanish.

Posted February 27, 2015
I am very happy with this school. I am Spanish but my son didn't speak Spanish until he entered this school. THE discipline is great and the best thing is they don not accept bullying. When something happen they immediately take action. TGhe teachers are very nice and they always keep communication with parents. Great school. I would definitely put my daughter there when she starts kindergarten next year. And hopefully I can find another charter school for my son who is leaving ICA next year. k

South Bronx Charter School Inter Cultures And Arts 1

Posted June 28, 2011
This school has been my worst nightmare. Teachers complain all the time about every kid. They are trying to reach perfection and perfection only "exist in the dictionary". They lower down your kid self-esteem because they always expect more than what the child can give. I have heard from many parents about their children crying out of frustration cause they cant meet the teacher's (school) expectation. My child falls in this category as well. Also their dual language teaching (English and Spanish) backs up the kids which are not Spanish dominant.This school expect the children to perform in Spanish at the same level as in English. Overall very disappointed with this school standards :-(.

Posted October 17, 2008
My daughter started her elementary education here and they did a great job. With the grades she got from the SBCS; she was able to get in to a catholic school with a 50% discount on her tuition. I want her back in the SBCS but her mother want to keep in the catholic school. Her teacher Ms. Alfonzo was wonderful.

Posted August 28, 2008
pretty good school. my sons teachers were very thorough and show concerned about their students

Posted June 28, 2008
My daughter has been attending SBCICA for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. She has learned so much and continues to impress me daily. The teachers and staff are awesome and are very concerned about the children.

Posted June 09, 2008
Im so greatly that my daughter has the opportunity to attend such a great school. This school has great school ethics and treats every child as individuals. My daughter learned to read at 4 and has grown into her own character. The school is truly concerned about each child and does not tolerate any misbehaviors. My daughter has nothing but good things to say about her teachers. Subject are way more vast than any public school and they even have ceramics available.I highly recommend South Bronx Classical

164 Bruckner Boulevard, Bronx, NY  10454
Last modified South Bronx Charter School Inter Cultures And Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.