Posted May 22, 2014
My kids have been going to this school since it first open. In the first couple of years the school was doing real good. I was involved Every other day as a parent volunteer But for the past 3-4 years the teachers have been leaving In the middle of the school year and that has taken a toll on our children. There is no stability for our children. We have taken our concerns and worry to the board of trustee and nothing has yet To happen. The teachers and staff say they are here for our kids but are they really? The school is not the same it's not even better it's just gotten worst.

Bronx Lighthouse Charter School 2

Posted April 21, 2014
I don't recommend this school due to lack of consistency. Inconsistency works as a disadvantage for the students. Students can't realy build a rapport, trust or conficence with any of the staff because they leave by a blink of an eye. I don't trust the administration because of the turn over of staff, tecahers, principal. the school has have an average of 6 principals in the past six years. They focus too much on discipline, and punishing the students instaed of motivating them to learn.

Posted March 06, 2014
MY school is ran like a jail they care more about what you are wearing than your eduction. They fire teachers right in front of students and then call the cops while all of the kids are watching.... some people feel or think that our principle is stealing money from the school. we have NO type of freedom. They tell TO eat the school food u don't even like.... There are some teachers that care for us but its the principal that stopping them, from caring, and letting us see light. when we ask for changes nothing is done. DO YOU REALLY WANT YOU CHILD IN THE SCHOOL? we feel like we have no type of say...i mean we have to stay 12 INCHES away from boys and girls......

Posted May 08, 2013
I don't know what these other parents are talking about. This is an excellent school that ensures that the parents are very involved (mandatory parent/teacher meetings, parent nights etc). My daughter is learning new things every day and sometimes it surprises me just how much she knows. I'm so happy with my decision to send my daughter here. She's only 6 and already talking about college.

Posted May 01, 2013
I DID NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THE SCHOOL ... IT WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE... THEY NEED TO IMPLEMENT SOME CHANGES .

Posted April 30, 2013
Incredibly disorganized. Bathrooms are filthy. Culturally biased towards one ethnic group. Do not send your kids to this school.

Posted March 16, 2013
The art program is fantastic! The school has taken a huge leap in the right direction this school year.

Posted October 12, 2012
I was going to Bronx Lighthouse Prep Academy to observe my child when i was told that i had to make an appointment. she was suspended for one day prior then for three days after two weeks. of school and from the time school started i would say she had bout 22 in house suspension or more in total. Ms. Hardcastle , who is the principal, is not fit for the position. She discourages the kids of their dream and make them feel as if they are not good enough to pursue their goals. She ask a student one time," Do u think ur going to be successful when u get older.? in front of the parent . she is not for the kids and have any concern for their future . she is there only for a paycheck . At least when Mr Tsang was the principal , the school was not failing.

Posted January 27, 2011
Bronx Lighthouse is the best school in the Bronx. I am amazed at my 5 year old son singing the continent song and identifying that we live in North America! He's very enthusiastic and loves doing homework. the teachers are truly a dedicated and devoted educator that genuinely cares for our kids. Our school has professionals working diligently with our kids and I feel so secure and happy that my son attends Bronx Lighthouse . The school is extremely serious about our children's future and for that I thank all the teachers, administrators and staff for all their hard work and dedication. Our statistics and our high level of educational goals puts School in the forefront as a leader of excellence. I am extremely proud of my son and his school. Thank you for the School. Submitted by a parent

Posted March 27, 2010

Bronx Lighthouse Charter School
1001 Intervale Avenue, Bronx, NY  10459
Last modified Bronx Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-11
Bronx Lighthouse Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top