Bad
Good

Great dicipline, and very rigorous curriculum. Love the school. Would get 5 stars if staff retantion was better. Overall solid school.

The school principal is not supportive of the students and parents. I have doubts about the way she is running the school. I also have doubts that this principal would remain in the school for the folloween year. The school has made no progress this year and the students continue to be falling behind. The teachers are not working on enhansing the children's ability to learn. The teachers are students themselves and they don't have the time or dedication to help their students. The students are constantly been remove from their classes, getting suspended and there is no proper remediation for problems that students might be encountaring. As far as parents go, talk to the school parents and you would further learn how dissapointed parents are about their children attending this school. It is very sad, if not depressing.

This school is failing students academilacly, psychologically, and emotionally. The students are not receiving the assistance and tools needed to make progress. The Principal, teachers and staff are not motivated in helping their students to achieve their fullest potential. It is of great dissadvantage to send your child to school, and not see progress, interest motivation to succeed.

My kids have been going to this school since it first open. In the first couple of years the school was doing real good. I was involved Every other day as a parent volunteer But for the past 3-4 years the teachers have been leaving In the middle of the school year and that has taken a toll on our children. There is no stability for our children. We have taken our concerns and worry to the board of trustee and nothing has yet To happen. The teachers and staff say they are here for our kids but are they really? The school is not the same it's not even better it's just gotten worst.

MY school is ran like a jail they care more about what you are wearing than your eduction. They fire teachers right in front of students and then call the cops while all of the kids are watching.... some people feel or think that our principle is stealing money from the school. we have NO type of freedom. They tell TO eat the school food u don't even like.... There are some teachers that care for us but its the principal that stopping them, from caring, and letting us see light. when we ask for changes nothing is done. DO YOU REALLY WANT YOU CHILD IN THE SCHOOL? we feel like we have no type of say...i mean we have to stay 12 INCHES away from boys and girls......

I don't know what these other parents are talking about. This is an excellent school that ensures that the parents are very involved (mandatory parent/teacher meetings, parent nights etc). My daughter is learning new things every day and sometimes it surprises me just how much she knows. I'm so happy with my decision to send my daughter here. She's only 6 and already talking about college.

I DID NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THE SCHOOL ... IT WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE... THEY NEED TO IMPLEMENT SOME CHANGES .

Incredibly disorganized. Bathrooms are filthy. Culturally biased towards one ethnic group. Do not send your kids to this school.

The art program is fantastic! The school has taken a huge leap in the right direction this school year.

I was going to Bronx Lighthouse Prep Academy to observe my child when i was told that i had to make an appointment. she was suspended for one day prior then for three days after two weeks. of school and from the time school started i would say she had bout 22 in house suspension or more in total. Ms. Hardcastle , who is the principal, is not fit for the position. She discourages the kids of their dream and make them feel as if they are not good enough to pursue their goals. She ask a student one time," Do u think ur going to be successful when u get older.? in front of the parent . she is not for the kids and have any concern for their future . she is there only for a paycheck . At least when Mr Tsang was the principal , the school was not failing.

Last modified Bronx Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.