Eagle Academy for Young Men 4

Posted October 25, 2013
My son attends Eagle Academy For Young Men. He began school here in the 9th grade and is now in the 11th. This school has molded him into a different person. He is more self assured and highly motivated. I have never seen such a group of more dedicated teachers and staff as in Eagle. I would have to say overall, the school is excellent and they do there best at turning these young men into scholars. However, we must realize that the school can't do all the work. When I read negative reviews it truly frustrates me because I think of the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." The school has the resources available for our young boys to succeed, but they can't do it alone. Parents and young men must take some responsibilty for their actions/non actions as well.

Eagle Academy for Young Men 4

Posted May 26, 2013
Demanding "Great Academic Expectations" along with a consistent community service give back is one of the things that makes the Eagle Academy for Young Men very successful. The "success" comes because each Academy has a top notch Principal, an excellent Staff, Parent Engagement above any school you've ever worked with, and Mentoring for the young scholars starting in the 6th grade on through the 12th grade. In this description by Great Schools, all Academies in the Network start at 6th Grade and go on to graduation in the 12th grade. Excellence in Education and becoming World Class Citizens is the order of the day! YOU can help out by going to www.eagleacademyfoundation.org and pick the area of your involvement. If you don't have the time, submit a donation to help out!

Posted October 25, 2011
My son now is in 10th grade and I have to say that I really like the school. The school has some many things to offer and it has kept my son on the right track. The fact that they have a wrestling team which my son enjoys it helps him stay focus and also physically fit. I like the fact the school has many programs that the students can choose from and it helps them acdemically.

Posted April 07, 2010
its a higley educated school that needsa to get known

Posted March 26, 2010
My son is a freshman at eagle , i think it's a good school.

Posted September 06, 2009
I usually judge everyone by 1st impressions. My son will be a 9th grader at Eagle in the fall 2009 school year. There are so many things that we both love about this school. He attended their Summer Bridge Program and gained a window into 9th grade at Eagle something that other area high schools don't allow students and families to do. The access to mentors seem limitless and there appears to be a collaborative educational and social environment as well. We are so thrilled to be accepted into the Eagle family and my husband and I are truly looking forward to the next 4 years at Eagle. Eagle is turning our boys into men one child at a time and this is ultimately helping to restore our families. Thank you in advance Eagle Academy for Young Men! From - A very appreciative mom in the South Bronx.

Posted September 06, 2009
My son is a freshman at Eagle. He likes the school and I also believe in what they are doing for these young men. He really likes to write and he does well in math. He speaks very highly of both his writing teacher and math teacher at Eagle. They really get that all children grasp learning at different levels and they are responding to this need in a very nurturing and creative way. My son's future looks very bright at Eagle. We need more schools like Eagle in the Bronx. Thank You to all the staff and teachers at Eagle Academy for Young Men.

Posted May 17, 2009
When my son was in 6th grade we began looking for a small H.S. and we came across E.A.F.Y.M. From time he entered 9th grade he has made progress that has amazed us. The students and teachers work as teams that have common goals; respect, education, giving back, graduation and college acceptance. I would /have readily recommended this school to others so their young men can have a place to flourish as mine has.

Eagle Academy for Young Men 1

Posted May 16, 2009
No. Eagle I s not a great school......my son goes through constist torment by upperclassmen . Poor view of students meaning their safety. The teacher have favorites....it;s not fair.. Good luck to the idiot parents going to submit their son there.....To me the school is a human experiment it's always changing

Posted November 21, 2008

Eagle Academy for Young Men
4143 3rd Ave, Bronx, NY  10457
Last modified Eagle Academy for Young Men is a Public school that serves grades 6, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Academy for Young Men Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top