PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We have a positive experience with this school. The teachers my son have had so far were knowledgeable and approachable. They go home with plenty of homework after school which is time consuming but understandable. Learning continues at home. The school is pretty organized in terms of activities and events. It would be nice if they put back a foreign language class like Spanish. The school would also need to stay competitive with other schools and as such, there is room for improvement. They do have computer class but I think they need to implement some sort of interactive homework or school site at home for parents to be more involved and track their children's progress in school. Overall, I have faith in the school and hope they would continue to strive for improvement.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can this school develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students when the teachers and principle do not have this themselves. The principle and teachers need to set an example and they don't. You have teachers teaching their own children, you have a principle and teachers that favors students, and they definitely do not teach or show integrity at all. If us as parent with students in SFX does not teach it at home they will never learn it at SFX.

My son attended Pre K and the experience was pointless. The teachers were friends with certain parents and favor their child. The school doesn't really care if your child is in school or not. Out of courtesy, I called the school to inform them my son won't be in. I was asked why I called cause they already took attendance. OK? School doesn't communicate with parents. Parent teacher conference was a joke. We are allotted 15 minutes per session. If you are a parent of the clique you get a thorough evaluation on your kid. I was handed a written worksheet and pushed out the door with no clear idea of my son's progress. Smh. Not worth it. He is going to P.S. 83.

All three of my children have graduated from SFX School and have gone on to be successful in competitive high schools and excellent colleges . I was very involved in my time at St. Francis and volunteered in many capacities. The principal is a good leader who was always accessible if I had a question or a problem. She cares about the children, their education, and wants them to come to a clean, pleasant school every day. I did not always like every teacher all of the time, but I would be wary if someone liked everyone they came in contact with on a day to day basis. My advice to new parents is to get involved. The Home School Association at the school seems like a "clique" because it is the same parents (day in and day out) who always seem to volunteer their time. Even working parents can get involved! No excuses!! Many people just sit back and utilize the home school events and the sports programs at SFX as a baby sitting service. Shame on them. St. Francis Xavier school has been a "home away from home" for my children and I am happy that my husband and I made the decision to send our children there.

Just wanted to comment on a review of SFX New Beginnings. This program is wonderful. In just a few short weeks, the children are learning the days of the week, the alphabet along with an art project, sing and play together, Columbus Dat and Fall. The teacher and assistant are wonderful. They are very caring. Just ask the parents outside of school what they think of the program. Don't let one bad apple discourage this program.

My husband and I graduated st francis xavier school and we both loved the school. We moved back to the neighbor so our children to go to sfx. Well my son started and what a change, omg what a difference . The principal overstayed her welcome here. She's not a nice person but I believe everyone knows why she is still there. She should retire. She's not kid friendly hates being there Has no time for meeting with parents and walks around like the world owes her a living. The teachers do not check homework. They give lots of homework but never checks the homework. If you're not in the clique they make you and your child feel like you don't belong. What a shame. Practically all the teacher run out at 3 o'clock with the exception of one that I know Don't waste your money sending you child here send them to another school. Leadership stinks. Some teachers are great but the others don't care. Think twice before you decide to send your child to sfx.

Do Not send your child to this school especially the New Beginnings program. The teacher is uneducated and inexperienced and has no knowledge of a three year olds development. The assistant is mean and yells at the children to which people down the hall can hear her, as reported by the condescending principal. They labelled a 3 year old as a disruption and a distraction after 2 hours and 15 minutes. Really.There is no support from the principal, pastor or superintendent. Save you money it is not worth $3000 a year. I pulled my child out after 4 days, that was more than enough time to avoid any permanent damages to my beautiful child.

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Teachers are lazy, academic standards are extremely low, little to no organization. It's ridiculous. Don't waste your money. Take a tour at St. Lucy's School. You won't regret it. Everyone is like family there. The teachers are so nice, sweet, and caring. Very very caring.

This school is horrible!!!!! I wish I did more research before waisting a year at SFX. The school is eextremely cliquish, the adminstration has out stayed their welcome, and the over all standards are below the neighboring schools (Van Nest, Ichan, St. Claire, Holy Rosary, 108). There are other schools in the neighborhood that super exceed...Don't waste your time or money.

I'm sorry to say that this school does not care for all the children. It cares more about appearances to other schools and parents. The pastor wonders why the school is losing money - its because there is no actual leadership. The principal has overstayed her welcome and is ineffective. She does not inspire but uses negativity in dealing with the children. Therer are teachers that are not only faculty but parents of students as well, THOSE students are the lucky ones - the special treatment is disgusting. At least it teaches the other kids how to deal with disappointment. The levels of math, english and science are no where near where they should be when these children graduate. Most high schools in the area can point out children that graduated from SFX by their unbelievable lack of knowledge in math.

Last modified St. Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8