Posted June 08, 2014
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Teachers are lazy, academic standards are extremely low, little to no organization. It's ridiculous. Don't waste your money. Take a tour at St. Lucy's School. You won't regret it. Everyone is like family there. The teachers are so nice, sweet, and caring. Very very caring.

Posted May 30, 2014
This school is horrible!!!!! I wish I did more research before waisting a year at SFX. The school is eextremely cliquish, the adminstration has out stayed their welcome, and the over all standards are below the neighboring schools (Van Nest, Ichan, St. Claire, Holy Rosary, 108). There are other schools in the neighborhood that super exceed...Don't waste your time or money.

Posted November 19, 2013
I'm sorry to say that this school does not care for all the children. It cares more about appearances to other schools and parents. The pastor wonders why the school is losing money - its because there is no actual leadership. The principal has overstayed her welcome and is ineffective. She does not inspire but uses negativity in dealing with the children. Therer are teachers that are not only faculty but parents of students as well, THOSE students are the lucky ones - the special treatment is disgusting. At least it teaches the other kids how to deal with disappointment. The levels of math, english and science are no where near where they should be when these children graduate. Most high schools in the area can point out children that graduated from SFX by their unbelievable lack of knowledge in math.

Posted November 18, 2013
St Francis Xavier The Bronx New York is a school that REALLY cares for the children. The principal, teachers, aides, cafeteria and maintenance, every one is so friendly and kind. It kind of reminds you with the good old days when our Catholic Schools were under the care of such devoted and dedicated Religious Sisters and Brothers.

Posted August 20, 2013
My child graduated Pre-K at St. Francis Xavier School in June. She has learned a great deal from Mrs. Dolgow, whose experience of almost 30 years, made a true difference. She was very patient with my daughter and gave her much needed guidance and structure. Her pleasant demeanor made learning fun. Mrs. Blandino was so helpful and always kind to me and my child. Also, Mrs. Deegan was always approachable and involved in student life. Lastly, the gym program was a great outlet for the children and the instructor was well experienced. I am happy to be a part of the SFX family.

St. Francis Xavier School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
I went to St. Francis Xavier for 6 years and graduate 5 years ago. I can't comment on how the new pastor is doing but everything else I can comment on. The teachers in this school are great and friendly for the most part. The teachers meet with parent after school if they need to talk about grades. Some teachers provide extra help if students need it and parents request it. The problem I have with this school school is not the the teachers but the leadership of it. The principal is very cold and has no idea what shes doing. They spend money not on education but on public image or for the parents who rule the school. The principal bows down to the few parents who rule the school. The teachers can't punish the kids because the parents who rule the school will get their kids out of any and all kinds of trouble. The principal sides with the parents over the teachers. If your not in that in group of parents who rule the school you have no chance of getting your voice heard and your kid will be nothing but an unknown. This school can be good only they get some new leadership and the in group of parents lose control of it.

Posted February 22, 2013
My child attended Pre-K here. He was asked to leave after a couple of months due to "behavioral" issues. Update - he's been attending public school in a gifted and talented program for the last 3 years. I guess his issue was that they don't know how to deal with above average kids. What a waste of time this sh#thole was.

Posted February 14, 2013
Stop putting the school down because it is the best in the area. I graduated from this school over 20 yrs ago and now my daughter attends the school. My child was in a public school struggling to pass her grades. we never felt comfortable nor at ease with her going to public school. In october we decided to enroll her here. It was the best decision we ever made. She has the teacher that taught me. My daughter smiles everyday and is doing 100% better. The principal and father mathew opened their arms to my daughter and i love it that they both know their students by first names. This school makes my daughter feel comfortable and at home. The classes are small and the teachers are awesome. I always know what is going on with my daughter, the only thing is the Parent association, very clicky and does not welcome any parent to particiapate if your not in their click. And I'm not. I would love to become a member but they told me no because the year is closed. Never heard of that but oh well. Thank you Mrs. Deagan and Father Mathew for excepting my daughter. We love it here...

St. Francis Xavier School 4

Posted October 17, 2012
If the people that wrote reviews would stop knocking the school and help try to make the school a better place maybe it would not be a 2 star school. My children went to the school and the school was the best in the neighborhood. Better than "St. Clares". The principal is St Clares leaves a lot to be desired. So grow up and stop knocking the school and do something to help the school. If you do not like something that you see is going on go and speak to the principal. She is not an ogre. My grandchildren go to the school now. Yes, the school is small but I believe that some children need a smaller school verses an overcrowded school with over 30 kids or more in the class.

St. Francis Xavier School 4

Posted October 17, 2012
We are new in this area and our kids just started the new beginnings and pre k. We love the school, the church, the teachers, the principal. For now their curriculum is fine. My prek student has homework every night. I think some of these reviews on here are strange... One parent posted in 2011 and 2012 about working parents not being included.. Both my husband and I work full time. I have no idea what this parent is talking about. I guess if you want to make a best friend with the other moms that might not happen. The school has great activities. We are really pleased. It is a great little school. I may not keep them here until 8th grade but right now it's perfect. I was put off by these reviews before I actually went to the school and checked it out myself. In other words I think some one is leaving misleading reviews here.

St. Francis Xavier School
1711 Haight Ave, Bronx, NY  10461
Last modified St. Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis Xavier School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.