Public charter
Bronx, NY

Posted April 13, 2015
This school is NOT what i expected! The school does not have a principal, there are no lockers therefore the children have to carry their notebooks to and from school (the children are given a set of text books to keep at home bc they obviously cant carry them every day and work from text books left in school), no extra activities activities (no gym, art, music etc), no cafeteria. All the kids really get is a ton of homework! My poor kid falls asleep doing all of the work bc its so much. There's no stability. By that i mean, there was a spanish teacher at the beginning of the year, she left and then a chinese teacher came to teach mandarin and she left and now theres a new spanish teacher that cant teach because a good amount of non spanish speaking kids all received grades in the 60's. the school is beyond small. Before deciding to send my child to this school, we were told the school would be in a new building in sept 2014 and guess what? The school was no where near built. The school overall is a big disappointment and i truly pray that my kid gets accepted to a more equipped high school.

Posted January 26, 2015
Ilchs is a great school ! Students graduated on time and go to four years college !

Posted January 12, 2015
(4/4) There are metal detectors, but not the ones you think. It's the ones where the person waves a wand all around your body to check for metals. The good thing is that they haven't patted anyone down so far, for as long as I know. That's all I will write for today. I recommend you don't bring your child to this abomination of a charter school, since he/she will suffer immense pain with the staff and teachers. I am a straight A student but am trying to transfer next year. Best of wishes.

Posted September 10, 2014
ILCHS is one of the best high school in NYC. Press Release 9/ 9/ 2014 This year, Newsweek sought to recognize schools that beat the odds and who performed better than statistically expected for the students level of poverty. For this list, schools were ranked on how well they prepare their students for college, taking students socio-economic background into account. A gold star next to a school s name means that low-income students are scoring at or above average on state assessments. The International Leadership Charter High School Ranked among America s Top High Schools 2014: This recognition comes on the heels of The U.S. News & World Report ranking the International Leadership Charter High School on its Best High Schools 2013 and 2014 list. These prestigious recognitions have demonstrated that ILCHS is among the top 25% of all public high schools in the United States. These honors are in addition to our school being ranked #6 of all NYC Public High Schools. This national recognition in Newsweek America s Top High Schools 2014,

International Leadership Charter School 2

Posted May 12, 2014
THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL YOU COULD EVER GO TO . you can't bring lotion, juice, snacks, etc. the school claims to be a college-prep high school YET we don't even take geometry which is a major part in the SAT and in college. Also students are restricted from expressing themselves.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school does not allow my child to take regent exam until 12th grade. This is ridiculous! The school does not have good curriculum, they don't have earth science, gym, music, geometry, and all AP courses. When i come to school to pick up my child in the middle of the day because of doctor's appointment, they don't allow me to pick my child.

Posted November 14, 2011
I m a Parent: My daughter has been part of ILCS for three years. Now, she is a Senior Student. I m so proud that she is going to graduates from this school. It s a great school and the teachers work hard. They are in continuing development. My daughter feels the school likes her second home, like a real family. I love it

Posted May 07, 2010
Do not send your child here....it classes are very dull to the point were there is no motivation to come to school .....this school is a get rich quickie.......just like all charter school.....nearly if not all student want this school shut down ......but we are doomed here...i feel not ready for college whatsoever ..this being college prep...and the student body will agreee...when vistiors come....they threaten us to be good...and get a good review...they went so low to even give the 11th grade a day off ..so when the vistors come...there is no negative comments ..i wouldnt recomend this school to my enemy...so please ...dont come here

Posted April 30, 2010
This school has great potential and in great for our own community but is being run by people that has their own agendas for their best interests not the students nor their parents, explain how I have been asking for my daughters GPA average before this years spring break and always they give me an excuse that they are unable to give it to me no stars for me on this school.

Posted December 16, 2008
this is school is beyond one of the worst schools in new york history,there is very little structure and does not help any of the student pursue any of their future aspirations.

2900 Exterior Street, Bronx, NY  10463
Last modified International Leadership Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
International Leadership Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top