Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 21, 2016
My children have been in Icahn 2 before it moved to it's current location. The curriculum is tough, the kids receive a lot of homework (not to mention the packets they receive before each break,) and the school year is long, but I love this school. The only issue I have is that parents are not always notified about events in a timely manner.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
The school gives credit where the students need it, and builds self accountability. Kids feel responsible to do well and help others.

Posted May 04, 2016
this school provide every kid with a safe, clean and enlightening environment. Every child is given individual attention and all staff know all the kids by name.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Ms. Murphy and Ms. Pelton, are the best teachers a 6 year old can have. They are patient, kind and understanding to each students individual needs without making anyone else in the classroom feel left out.

Posted June 10, 2015
My children have attended Icahn Charter School 2 since Kindergarten and they are now in the 5th grade. Overall I feel the school is doing an excellent job with giving my kids a great education. Yes, the curriculum is tough, and the school year is long, but the teachers are very well trained and they make learning fun. As much as I love the school, there are times when I feel that parents should be given more notice about what is going on. Also, the afterschool program leaves much to be desired for the younger children.

Posted March 25, 2014
what I love about this school is how they help prepare my daughter for academic success.

Icahn Charter School 2 3

Posted May 16, 2013
This is our daughter's first year in this school and so far we have no complaints. The teachers are caring and the staff seems to know all of the students by first name, which is very nice.

Posted October 24, 2011
I have two kids at Icahn charter school 2 and Icahn charter school 4, and they love it. They are still construction part of the school but it is going to be a huge nice building in the Bronx, District 11. My daughter is 5 years old and she is already reading multiple books. All Icahn charter schools have the same curriculums and have strong emphasis on the care program which teaches the kids to respect one another.

Posted September 14, 2010
This will be my son's second yr at this school, which relocated to their own facilities this yr. in 2010. I am speaking of Icahn 2, because I have noticed that other Icahn schools are rating theirs here as well. I cant really comment on his teacher this year, but I can say that the staff, and teachers I have met are great. I have compared what my child has learned to other children his age that attend public school, and it does not meet the high level of education that my son receives at this school. I was amazed each and every day at the knowledge that he brought home everyday. I am very proud and grateful that my child attends Icahn Charter 2.

Posted June 24, 2010
This is my children's first year with Icahn Charter School 2 and I love it! The curriculum is well above average for the Kindergarten class. Yes, the weekly homework assignments seemed a little too much at first and the school day and spring semester are a bit longer than regular public school system, but my children have adapted and can read and write very well. I don't have any complaints for the school, except that the afterschool program lacks the same standards as the classroom.

1640 Bronxdale Avenue, Bronx, NY  10462
Last modified Icahn Charter School 2 is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.