Public charter
Bronx, NY

Posted March 25, 2014
what I love about this school is how they help prepare my daughter for academic success.

Posted October 24, 2011
I have two kids at Icahn charter school 2 and Icahn charter school 4, and they love it. They are still construction part of the school but it is going to be a huge nice building in the Bronx, District 11. My daughter is 5 years old and she is already reading multiple books. All Icahn charter schools have the same curriculums and have strong emphasis on the care program which teaches the kids to respect one another.

Posted September 14, 2010
This will be my son's second yr at this school, which relocated to their own facilities this yr. in 2010. I am speaking of Icahn 2, because I have noticed that other Icahn schools are rating theirs here as well. I cant really comment on his teacher this year, but I can say that the staff, and teachers I have met are great. I have compared what my child has learned to other children his age that attend public school, and it does not meet the high level of education that my son receives at this school. I was amazed each and every day at the knowledge that he brought home everyday. I am very proud and grateful that my child attends Icahn Charter 2.

Posted May 02, 2010
Their curriculum provides children with the foundation they need to continue to grow in all academic areas

Posted March 11, 2010
This school is fabulous nowhere in the Bronx could you get such a first rate education for you child. My daughter attended the Ichan #3 school and I have to disagree with the parent that said she was never informed of events taking place at the school. Notices are sent home with the children and posted outside the door of the school for all to see (even transated in spanish). Some of the children are unruley but that is to be expected with a lottery selection process and parents in denial. If you can get your child in grab that chance!!!!.

Posted December 18, 2009
I am ecstatic that my son has the opportunity to attend this school. The schools academics are fabulous. Let's just say if I moved to new jersey, I would take the commute. The teachers and staff are very supportive and always encourage the children to do their best. It is greatly appreciated.

Icahn Charter School 2 1

Posted December 16, 2009
Don't just judge a school by the test scores. Make sure that you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you visit the school and follow you gut instinct. They are very focused on test scores and anyone out of the 'norm' is targeted for expulsion, which makes it easy to be a great school, Icahn #4

Posted November 18, 2009
I am a little disappointed because I wanted my child to attend the flagship school but he got into Icahn 3. my child is a difficult class behaviorally and it is frustrating. I dont feel like I know what is going on at the school and I always hear about what is going on at teh flagship school. I hope they get it together soon.

Posted September 22, 2009
My daughter entered this school in kindergarten, she is now in 2nd grade. I LOVE this school!! The teachers are wonderful. They challenge the students and never let the work become easy for them. Sometimes the work load is a bit much (reading, math, reprots, etc) but it keeps my girl on her toes and I wouldnt change a thing. She is receiving the highest form of education in this school and the fact that she loves this school is an bonus. Keep up the GREAT work!

Posted July 28, 2008
The curriculum here is ABOVE average. Teachers are very involved and care a lot about the kids. My only complaint is that the school is somewhat unorganized, but they are new, so I deal with it.

Icahn Charter School 2