Public charter
Bronx, NY

Icahn Charter School 2 4

Posted June 10, 2015
My children have attended Icahn Charter School 2 since Kindergarten and they are now in the 5th grade. Overall I feel the school is doing an excellent job with giving my kids a great education. Yes, the curriculum is tough, and the school year is long, but the teachers are very well trained and they make learning fun. As much as I love the school, there are times when I feel that parents should be given more notice about what is going on. Also, the afterschool program leaves much to be desired for the younger children.

Posted March 25, 2014
what I love about this school is how they help prepare my daughter for academic success.

Icahn Charter School 2 3

Posted May 16, 2013
This is our daughter's first year in this school and so far we have no complaints. The teachers are caring and the staff seems to know all of the students by first name, which is very nice.

Posted October 24, 2011
I have two kids at Icahn charter school 2 and Icahn charter school 4, and they love it. They are still construction part of the school but it is going to be a huge nice building in the Bronx, District 11. My daughter is 5 years old and she is already reading multiple books. All Icahn charter schools have the same curriculums and have strong emphasis on the care program which teaches the kids to respect one another.

Posted September 14, 2010
This will be my son's second yr at this school, which relocated to their own facilities this yr. in 2010. I am speaking of Icahn 2, because I have noticed that other Icahn schools are rating theirs here as well. I cant really comment on his teacher this year, but I can say that the staff, and teachers I have met are great. I have compared what my child has learned to other children his age that attend public school, and it does not meet the high level of education that my son receives at this school. I was amazed each and every day at the knowledge that he brought home everyday. I am very proud and grateful that my child attends Icahn Charter 2.

Icahn Charter School 2 4

Posted June 24, 2010
This is my children's first year with Icahn Charter School 2 and I love it! The curriculum is well above average for the Kindergarten class. Yes, the weekly homework assignments seemed a little too much at first and the school day and spring semester are a bit longer than regular public school system, but my children have adapted and can read and write very well. I don't have any complaints for the school, except that the afterschool program lacks the same standards as the classroom.

Icahn Charter School 2

Posted May 02, 2010
Their curriculum provides children with the foundation they need to continue to grow in all academic areas

Posted March 11, 2010
This school is fabulous nowhere in the Bronx could you get such a first rate education for you child. My daughter attended the Ichan #3 school and I have to disagree with the parent that said she was never informed of events taking place at the school. Notices are sent home with the children and posted outside the door of the school for all to see (even transated in spanish). Some of the children are unruley but that is to be expected with a lottery selection process and parents in denial. If you can get your child in grab that chance!!!!.

Posted December 18, 2009
I am ecstatic that my son has the opportunity to attend this school. The schools academics are fabulous. Let's just say if I moved to new jersey, I would take the commute. The teachers and staff are very supportive and always encourage the children to do their best. It is greatly appreciated.

Icahn Charter School 2 1

Posted December 16, 2009
Don't just judge a school by the test scores. Make sure that you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you visit the school and follow you gut instinct. They are very focused on test scores and anyone out of the 'norm' is targeted for expulsion, which makes it easy to be a great school, Icahn #4

Icahn Charter School 2