Bronx, NY

Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2014
i graduated from here as an 8th grader and i can honestly say that they need a better science teacher for the middle school.. i missed my old 7th grade science teacher & i barely learned anything .. also we had a science state test that they did not prepare us for.. the other class went for like a month with no science teacher cause they were trying to find them a new one.. this school needs to be improved..

Posted August 05, 2013
APPA HAS TO BE ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS EVER ! I'AM SO GLAD MY CHILDREN WILL NO LONGER BE ATTENDING ! The only people you can depend on for help are Ms. Hawkins and Ms.Williams . The Principal is never available to speak to a parent nor will she ever make the time to see you . When my daughter first started Ms. Diaz was so involved and spoke to parents now she just passes you to the next availble person . I has requested to meet with her and another parent in writing over a fight that my child had and never got my meeting. This school is screaming new ADMINISTRATION ASAP !

Posted October 30, 2012
My son just started APPA this year, he is in the 11th grade and transferred from private school. I am now and have always been very picky about where my children go to school. So to say that I am pleased with the school is a compliment. I met with his teachers last week and am glad I chose this school.

Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy 4

Posted July 26, 2012
I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M READING. My Child entered this school as an honor roll student and has graduated as an honor roll student. The teachers are there to teach and expect the best from their students. SUCCESS -- THAT'S UP TO THE CHILD.

Posted July 22, 2012
Long live APPA!!! I was a student at APPA for 3 years. I want to say that all the teachers I have had were great. Every one of them actually lived up to their teaching profession. They were there to teach and we were there to learn. For the most part students got along with each other. I'm going to miss them all.

Posted May 31, 2012
I agree with the neg comments. My daughter was an excellent student in 5th grade & at the beginning of 6th grade. Then everything went down hill. There were 2 teachers pregnant that couldn't manage their classes, the kids get lost in the fire drills. The staff is clueless and of no help at all. Their system is always down & worst of all the teachers don't listen to the students at all. If a handful of kids acts up in class everyone gets punished. Detentions all the time. Oh and class 603 is automatically labeled as the bad class. Every kid in that class is considered to be the worst of the worst, sadly even the few good ones that don't deserve it. This is out of the teachers' mouth. There is no stability in the kids' curriculm. The teachers will tell you they will communicate and email you but only 2 teachers ever did and 1 of them has retired. Awful school, DO NOT put your child in this school, you will be setting them up for failure.I am taking my daughter out and as far as I know so are at least another 7 parents. Remember 7th grade report cards are the grades that will be looked at by high schools. Don't risk your child's education by sending them here.

Posted May 03, 2012
DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD INTO THIS SCHOOL....MY CHILD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HONOR STUDENT AND SINCE SHE HAS BEEN IN THIS SCHOOL EVERYTHING HAS GONE BAD. tHE PRINCIPAL IS CLUELESS WITH EVERYTHING...CLASSES ARE BIG AND DO NOT TEACH ANYTHING..MY DAUGHTER GOT ASSAULTED BY A NYPD WHO IS ASSIGNED IN THAT SCHOOL AND THE SCHOOL DID NOTHING...WORST SCHOOL EVA.....GLAD MY DAUGHTER IS FINISHING THIS YEAR AND WE WILL NEVER HAVE TO SEE THOSE PEOPLE EVA AGAIN......STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL PLEASE YOUR CHILD WILL NOT LEARN NOTHING,STAFF ARE NO HELP.....

Posted March 15, 2012
This school is not a great school. Alot of bullying around. Teachers are ok but do not always communicate with each other as to what is going on with a student. The few times i have gone to the school i see kids hanging in the hallways while class is in session and teachers don't say anything.

Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy 2

Posted May 30, 2011
Big disappointment for me as a parent and for my daughter as a student. The school communication is horrible, I most say that every time i been to the PTA meeting very rare you will see someone from the main office. When i when to open house for the school they say of how great the school is and the opportunity and activity the school have for the kids, well my daughter is in 6 grade i can count the days she comes home with homework my son that is in 3 grade gets more homework than her. I really think the school needs better leader ship and more communication with parents. They need to have a open door policy for parents.

Posted October 31, 2010
My son has been a student in APPA for the past three years. I have found that the school offers him a lot of resources that keep his interest in his education and looking forward to a great future in college. I am constantly notified of any changes in his daily classes and am informed of any concerns from either his teachers or principal.

Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy
1980 Lafayette Avenue, Bronx, NY  10473
Last modified Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antonia Pantoja Preperatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top