No rating

Chapel School (The)

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Bronxville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $1,072,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,520.

Posted August 6, 2013

Nice school, clean and wouldn't say it's top notch. Reading is the priority, and technology. No advanced Math classes at all. Very large boy population. Uniform policy doesn't apply to everyone. Good education but if your child excels in math I don't recommend. No regents not that much TACHS prep. Small class sizes are good. Very family oriented which is nice. Many times teachers ask for classroom supplies for projects. The high tuition should take care of construction paper . Students are coddled and not always prepared for high school life. Girls often leave.

Posted August 5, 2012

an absolutely top-notch school in every way. My child has attended since Pre-K, and I have every intention of remaining through the completion of eighth grade. Every other school pales in comparison. The environment is safe, warm & deeply caring, and the academic standards are high, with the best and most dedicated faculty I've ever encountered anywhere. My only complaint is that Chapel doesn't go right up to 12th grade.

Posted March 12, 2012

The Chapel School is simply outstanding. Principal Dhyne runs the school with a genuine care and concern for each and every student. The student body is wonderfully diverse - which is invaluable given the lopsided demographics of Westchester County. Perhaps most impotant of all, the teachers have exceeded even my wildest expectations. They all seem to care so very much about the children. The relatively small class sizes allow them to develop real relationships with the kids - and I just couldn't be any happier with the Chapel School. My children could have attended any school in the area - I am thankful we chose Chapel.

Posted August 26, 2011

It is not possible to rate this school highly enough. There is no point system that can give Mr. Dhyne a score that is commensurate with his love, vision and leadership of this amazing school. I don't think I have ever felt so good about an investment that I have made. Every day I drop my children off. I hand them over to a team of educators that clearly love their job as well as love my child. In addition, my children are receiving a top-notch outstanding education. I have watched both of my children (one who struggles, one who excels) blossom and literally explode with excitement for learning! This school is run with a balance of excellence and joy! We are truly happy to be providing our children with The Chapel School experience.

Posted May 19, 2010

Character counts at The Chapel school. After seeing Mr. Schultz the director of the basketball team pull one of the winning chapel 6th grade boys basketball teams off the court last season because of repeated unsportsmanlike behavior by an opposing team and moreover interference from their unruly parents, I could only wish for a time when all school sports programs were ran this way. If you're looking for a school that's interested in maturing the whole child and not just test scores, Chapel is a slam dunk.

Posted February 5, 2010

I love, love, love Chapel School. My three older children all attended preschool there and my youngest will be entering the 3's program next year. It is such a wonderful place. Lots of warmth, good academics, emphasis on Christian teachings and basic Bible stories. My children were well prepared to enter Elementary School and were ahead of their peers who attended other preschool programs. Socially, it is very low-key with a diverse crowd from all over Southern Westchester. The PTO does a great job hosting fun, family friendly events at little to no cost (bring your sleeping bag Movie Night for example) and the big fundraiser each year is a low-pressure event. I can't say enough good things about Chapel School!

Posted April 11, 2009

Great School, Teachers and administration. Parents are involved, nice playground for younger kids and the older kids get to share the field with Concordia College when they aren't in use. A great school overall. They have a great reading program, and the math program may be catching up.

Posted February 22, 2009

I feel so lucky to have found The Chapel School. Not only are they getting a good academic education, but they are also getting an education about empathy, treating others with respect, manners, and kindness. The principal, Mr. Dhyne, middle school principal, Mr. Schultz, and all the teachers and staff have created a warm, safe environment with above par academics. My kids love it too! Cara Kealy

Posted June 3, 2008

As a parent of a student, we can attest to the benefit of the small classes and close personal attention of the teachers. We have veiwed the religious elements as positive as does not take away from the academic focus of the school. As a bronxville resident, we elected to pay the tuition despite the great public elementary school. Second to none in the lower westchester area.

Posted August 13, 2007

Chapel school is a great school. The academics is well above average. I always speak highly of the school. It is by far the best in Southern Westchester.

Posted April 18, 2006

Chapel School is a small school that provides a caring and nurturing environment. Although academics are important, they care for the whole child. My son has attended this school since Kindergarten and is now completing the third grade. He as been challenged academically and is reading at an advanced level. Chapel offers an excellent reading program and a math program that provides a solid foundation. It is a well rounded school that offers music, art, and athletics. Parents have the opportunity to participate and plan in the areas of academics, extra-curricular activities, fund raising, etc.

Posted April 5, 2005

Absolutely wonderful school, safe environment, excellent facilities, christian education. Very highly recommended!

Posted March 18, 2005

Chapel School is an excellent school - the academic program is above average compared to the local public schools - there is no more than 17 students in each class. They concentrate more on the academics vs. sports - but they do have a sports program. Volleyball, Basketball, Softball. It runs from pre-K through 8th grade. the only thing is that there is no affiliated High School. The school does encourage parent involvement - their are several fund raisers held during the course of the school year. Most of which are run by the parents - this helps reduce costs. My son has enjoyed going to this school because it is a small school and the students move from one grade to another together. The principal and vice principal/coach knows each child by name.

Posted February 15, 2005

The Chapel School is a wonderful school that my child has been going to for 8 years. The teachers are wonderful, and their teaching skills are wonderful! My child is in the 7th grade, and this school goes up to 8th. I intend to keep her there untill she has to leave, and she feels the same way.

• James Dhyne
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran
Associations
  • ELEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious