PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 06, 2016
The school is wonderful all around. The leadership, teachers and students are family. They really care for the children and offer many wonderful programs and event to help your child grow and learn while by being in a loving and fun environment. This is my daughter's first year and she loves it. She has made many new friends and does not want to miss school. Thanks Chapel School

Posted January 14, 2016
Wonderful caring and nurturing school for students of all levels. Extremely dedicated administration and faculty. The students are well behaved and respectful to others.

Posted January 11, 2016
Caring and nurturing Christian environment. Small class sizes, strong curriculum, diverse population, inclusive sports program, Spanish PS-8th, many extracurricular activities! Students go to competitive private high schools with many awarded academic scholarships!

Chapel School (The) 2

Posted September 01, 2015
This school has an ok pre k program, not worth it for the money. They definitely play favorites and not everyone is treated equally. Boys completely outnumber girls and the principle is lax, perhaps too lax for a private school. As a product of catholic/private schools in New York, I expect higher standards and higher academics and this school just doesn't offer these things. I would look elsewhere if I were you.

Chapel School (The) 3

Posted August 06, 2013
Nice school, clean and wouldn't say it's top notch. Reading is the priority, and technology. No advanced Math classes at all. Very large boy population. Uniform policy doesn't apply to everyone. Good education but if your child excels in math I don't recommend. No regents not that much TACHS prep. Small class sizes are good. Very family oriented which is nice. Many times teachers ask for classroom supplies for projects. The high tuition should take care of construction paper . Students are coddled and not always prepared for high school life. Girls often leave.

Posted August 05, 2012
an absolutely top-notch school in every way. My child has attended since Pre-K, and I have every intention of remaining through the completion of eighth grade. Every other school pales in comparison. The environment is safe, warm & deeply caring, and the academic standards are high, with the best and most dedicated faculty I've ever encountered anywhere. My only complaint is that Chapel doesn't go right up to 12th grade.

Posted March 12, 2012
The Chapel School is simply outstanding. Principal Dhyne runs the school with a genuine care and concern for each and every student. The student body is wonderfully diverse - which is invaluable given the lopsided demographics of Westchester County. Perhaps most impotant of all, the teachers have exceeded even my wildest expectations. They all seem to care so very much about the children. The relatively small class sizes allow them to develop real relationships with the kids - and I just couldn't be any happier with the Chapel School. My children could have attended any school in the area - I am thankful we chose Chapel.

Posted August 26, 2011
It is not possible to rate this school highly enough. There is no point system that can give Mr. Dhyne a score that is commensurate with his love, vision and leadership of this amazing school. I don't think I have ever felt so good about an investment that I have made. Every day I drop my children off. I hand them over to a team of educators that clearly love their job as well as love my child. In addition, my children are receiving a top-notch outstanding education. I have watched both of my children (one who struggles, one who excels) blossom and literally explode with excitement for learning! This school is run with a balance of excellence and joy! We are truly happy to be providing our children with The Chapel School experience.

Posted May 19, 2010
Character counts at The Chapel school. After seeing Mr. Schultz the director of the basketball team pull one of the winning chapel 6th grade boys basketball teams off the court last season because of repeated unsportsmanlike behavior by an opposing team and moreover interference from their unruly parents, I could only wish for a time when all school sports programs were ran this way. If you're looking for a school that's interested in maturing the whole child and not just test scores, Chapel is a slam dunk.

Posted February 05, 2010
I love, love, love Chapel School. My three older children all attended preschool there and my youngest will be entering the 3's program next year. It is such a wonderful place. Lots of warmth, good academics, emphasis on Christian teachings and basic Bible stories. My children were well prepared to enter Elementary School and were ahead of their peers who attended other preschool programs. Socially, it is very low-key with a diverse crowd from all over Southern Westchester. The PTO does a great job hosting fun, family friendly events at little to no cost (bring your sleeping bag Movie Night for example) and the big fundraiser each year is a low-pressure event. I can't say enough good things about Chapel School!

Chapel School (The)