Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women 1

Posted October 31, 2014
As a most recent graduate and former high school student, I would not recommend anyone going to this school because they only want the kids who started off in their middle school and then ended going their high school to succeed in life instead of treating everyone the same. I wish that my former high school can love themselves all the way and not just sometimes by wanting everyone to succeed in life.
17 people found this helpful

Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women 1

Posted June 24, 2013
Favoritism rules this school. If you were in the school since 6th Grade, and/or are considered "highly intelligent" and want to peruse a career in the Math and Science field, the teachers would love you. If you were in the school since 9th grade and considered to be an "average" kid who wants to be in a career outside of Match and Science, then the teachers love to see you fail in the school. The teachers don't care about the students and don't even care to help them with their grades. With the new "Learning Culture" curriculum, teachers don't teach the students, and students learn from packets that are unreliable. Students can't even get in-school academic help. AT ALL. The high school book, says that the school offers programs like dance, robotics, AP courses. It's all a lie. Their is a Girls Inc. branch in the school and they're great, but they can only do so much as the Principal would let them. The Principal doesn't care about the 11th and 12th graders, and sees most of us as people who would amount to nothing. This is a school were only the favorite students survive.
16 people found this helpful

Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women 2

Posted February 13, 2013
I'm a student in this school I strongly agree with parents , I think students that attend this school or even other schools should be challenged more and receive more homework to have our education boosted to another level to get somewhere far and life . Overall this school is ok it can be better but it's ok
3 people found this helpful

Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women 5

Posted May 19, 2011
The school has many partnerships and many resources. Next year our 11th grade students will take two college classes: one in engineering and one in math at NYU-Poly thanks to the strong relationship UAI has with poly. The middle school has benefited from a partnership with the Careera program where our girls gets an additional staff of 10, who work on character education through several courses: Job Club, Family Life, Power Group and Academic support. We have a robust after school program thanks to our partnership with Girls Inc which include after school clubs such as robotics, games for learning, school newspaper, drama and dance company.

Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women 2

Posted October 31, 2010
I am a parent of a 6th grader. My daughter needs to be challenged since she performs above average in many areas of her studies. I am a bit dissapointed ... this school has not shown that they can do more, (being a charter school) in the first quarter. I spoke to other parents and they shared simmilar views...very little homework , disruptive students and students don't have the luxury of taking their text-books home. As a parent who overlooks my childs work ...I have to go online to find additional help so as to teach my child at home.
3 people found this helpful

Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women
283 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY  11201
Last modified Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top