Bad
Good

P.S. 682 The Academy of Talented Scholars 4

Posted April 13, 2014
PS 682 has the exclusive NEST program for kids with Autism who are hand-selected after a rigorous application process. All of TAOTS benefits greatly from NEST, they receive funding, positive behavior supports in place for all kids, creative methods in training teachers, a positive social environment encouraged by focusing on what makes us connected instead of differences that can result in bullying & more! A first grade Nest class has 4 spectrum kids and 12 neurotypical ones. The "regular" children are not "suffering" as suggested but quite the opposite. Their kid is in a smaller class with 2 teachers who encourage social interaction of EVERY child. If a "regular" kid struggles, it is not because of Nest. Students are not only with their classmates all week long. They socialize with the entire grade during enrichments, recess, etc. Kids make friends in the other classes too. TAOTS has many wonderful things to offer: the communicative and hard working staff, the beautiful building, the great PTA, a challenging curriculum, enrichment clusters, etc. My only critique is I'm not a huge fan of the Teacher's College Reading & Writing so I supplement with more phonics, etc. at home.

P.S. 682 The Academy of Talented Scholars 4

Posted February 01, 2014
I have two children in this school. Teachers are young and enthusiastic. School is relatively new and clean. My youngest is in the first grade and complains that nobody plays with her during recess. She is NEST class, half of children are with Special needs and these children are benefitting a lot from being with regular children. But my child is suffering, half of the class isn't social the other half has few girls that are mean to her and boys are just not interested. Although, she benefits Academically since there are 16 children and 2 teachers, great pupil/teacher ratio. I'm not sure how this issue could be solved. They use Singapore math, which is a huge plus. My children in general love going to school.

Posted October 29, 2013
This is our 4th year with TAOTS, and my opinion has not changed since my first review here three years ago - with all pluses and minuses the school is just wonderful )

Posted October 27, 2013
This is our last year in this school and the standards for the next one are set very high. Till this day my child runs to school in the morning. The teachers are A M A Z I N G!!! Their patience, creativity and positive attitude made my daughter fall in love with learning and I consider it a lifelong gift. I am so thankful and so very sad to be leaving TAOTS after this year. My daughter said, she'l visit it often and one day will bring her kids there :)))

Posted October 27, 2013
TAOTS is the best school in the neighborhood. I feel so blessed and lucky for my daughter. The Principal, administrators, and teachers are just wonderful. They know each and every student's name.

Posted October 27, 2013
My children attended a private pre-K and I think the school is as close to private as you can get. I love the fact that it is small, its facilities, the enrichment, that it is a choice school and it s onsite afterschool program. I have found the teachers approachable and caring. I have recommended the school to others who have been very happy they found this great school in brooklyn. I really enjoy the vast majority of the parents as well.

Posted October 03, 2013
It s our second year with TAOTS and we can t stop raving about this school. We came from a totally different environment - district school with low standards of teaching and bulling. Since then my daughter s grades have significantly improved, and most importantly she feel at home in TAOTS. Kudos to all the teachers, great job!

Posted October 25, 2010
amazing Staff, amazing parents, but most importantly AMAZING students!!!!!

Posted October 25, 2010
The teachers and administration are wonderful! The school has great enrichment programs and an excellent academic curriculum.

Posted October 25, 2010
Great education! The principal is doing excellent job!

50 Avenue P, Brooklyn, NY  11204
Last modified P.S. 682 The Academy of Talented Scholars is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.