Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 17, 2014
BSI is a great school where kids are happy to be everyday and teacher who have so much knowledge to give and share and who are passionate about what they do. Every year there are exciting projects in each grade that class works as a team. We are very pleased with this school.

Posted January 30, 2014
BSI teacher and stuff are straight and friendly, Teacher Sara 502 teacher , uses her own time instructs students on writing, very very impressive, my son benefit from BSI a lot, the teacher is really love to teach those kids and love their job. We move to Brooklyn from Queen, made big change in our life, just for gifted school , but feel worth it. please continue keep school security and good teaching, we are going to stay BSI until my son finish middle school.

Posted January 28, 2014
This is probably the best public school in Brooklyn, and is clearly better than my highly regarded local school. The quality of teachers seems to range from very good to exceptional. The students are excellent. The Principal and Vice Principal are exceptional. In my daughter's year, exactly zero of the 60 so students have left the school, which means that the parents think so highly of it that they avoid moving so that their chidren can continue to attend. The class size--which starts at 28 in K (though with a minimum of 2 adults in the classroom) and goes up from there--is a real problem. For example, the 30% or so of students that fail to meet the standards of the school in some subject area (about 1 year ahead of most schools) are asked to do extended day. This would not be necessary if classes were substantially smaller, and the teachers had time for more individual instruction during regular school hours. You might get this in many private schools, but very few public ones.

Posted December 18, 2013
Principal Donna is what makes Brooklyn School of Inquiry as great as it is. She, along the support of Asst. Principal Nicole, encourages all the parents and students get involved. Our daughter has been there from the day the school opened its doors to the public and she's very happy and learning so much. We're very fortunate to be part of thr BSI family.

Posted June 03, 2013
We love, love, love BSI! It's a great learning and growing environment with an amazingly helpful staff. My daughter has been at BSI for 3 years, and she is very happy there. Kudos to Ms. Donna, Ms. Nicole, the teachers, the TAs, and the fabulous office staff. Special thanks to the security team for not allowing unexpected visitors to go upstairs to the BSI office, and for keeping the students from all 3 schools that share the building safe.

Brooklyn School Of Inquiry 3

Posted May 10, 2013
This school's staff is so stuck up. I went to inquire about their gifted and talent program and the security guard didnot let me go into the administative office to ask more information. Other school let me. Also, I was only able to speak to someone on the phone when asking about their yellow bus service. She was already discouraging, don't apply, we have no spots left for 1st grade. I said, the deadline for G&T is the next day. Anyway, I called the DOE and they say that the local school cannot determine the seats. Since this is the only city-wide G&T I still apply my child to it. But their staff is unfriendly.

Posted April 20, 2013
Everything about this school is just amazing. It starts at the top with an amazing principle. Every single teacher is just so engaged, caring, and passionate about their work. The parents are involved and open minded. The kids are bright and talented.

Posted April 09, 2013
Unbelievable curriculum with incredible enrichments to service the child as a whole. hands on and engaged principal and beautiful facilities My son was accepted last school year as a kindergartener. The PTO is terrific and very instrumental. Best decision that we ever made. con: wish that more work was sent home from the classroom and teachers would update their blogs more frequently

Brooklyn School Of Inquiry 4

Posted February 06, 2013
My son in kindergarten instantly loved it. Mrs Taylor is an unbelievable principal who loves the kids as if her own. She is very responsive to parents but our kindergarten teacher tends to not be very communicative to parents unfortunately. That being said though the kids love her! The TA in our class tends to be lacking in personality as well when it comes to parents. Wish there was more liaising with parents considering this school is at a distance from us. Overall though - Strong PTO , excellent enrichments, exciting curriculum , amazing caring staff, the kids are immensely challenged to achieve their personal best. Definitely pleased with our choice overall.

Posted May 27, 2012
great school, great teachers and great principal. My son love his school and his teachers

Brooklyn School Of Inquiry
50 Avenue P, Brooklyn, NY  11204
Last modified Brooklyn School Of Inquiry is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn School Of Inquiry Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 125 reviews. Top