Bad
Good

Can't say enough about this school! What a beuatiful warm environment at HLA. My child is learning things in the kindergarten that I am simply just amazed by. He loves talking in hebrew and is genuinely excited about going to school. Can't say enough!

My daughter was a student at HLA from grade 1 through grade 5. She is currently in Middle School and is doing very well. HLA has prepared my daughter not just academically, but socially and emotionally for this big milestone in her life. HLA's school community provided her with the necessary academic skills such as: taking pride in your work; diligence; love of literacy; appreciation for the Arts & Music; and goal setting. My daughter was in a diverse school environment at HLA. She was taught to respect her peers and teachers, to stand up for what's right, not to be a bystander, and to work cohesively with her peers. She has made long-lasting friendships at HLA. My daughter and her classmates were accepted to top schools: Cunningham, Mark Twain, David A.Boody, and other prestigious private schools. My daughter and her friends apply everything they learned at HLA to their Middle School experience. I feel blessed she had such an amazing opportunity to be inspired by warm, loving teachers and a rigorous fun curriculum! My daughter loves her new school, but says the HLA is HOME!

Love hla my kids love to go to school the teachers are great!!! The staff are very polite!!!! The principal mrs sliver is great The school deserves to of had a chance to go to 6 th grade hopefully Next year!!!

Wonderful school. Real treasure. Music, art, chess, gym, hebrew... caring teachers. The school makes children well rounded individual. I feel blessed. Lottery based acceptance. So, good luck!

this is school is the best ever it is a shame they did not get the 6,7,&8 grade in the charter i hope and prey they will next year

Love, love, love HLA! My daughter has been going to HLA since the first opened in 2009. The school has grown, and matured so nicely. The cohesiveness of the administration, and the staff provides such a strong environment for our kids. My daughter's teachers are our saviors. This also includes the school social worker, who is a gift from above. My daughter has excelled beyond my expectations. When one of her teachers runs downstairs when I pick her up just to tell me that she wanted to cry from happiness because of major strides my child made that day, it makes me want to cry. To see the teachers that invested in these kids is invaluable. The curriculum is so strong, and parental input is always welcome. HLA deserves recognition. What a wonderful community.

Both my kids attend HLA and absolutely love it. They have great teachers and so many activities that other schools do not offer. I am so happy that my children have this opportunity to attend a great school.

My son just started at HLA this year. He loves going to school and is learning amazing things. He gets to have gym daily, chess, music and art. He is rapidly learning to read and speak hebrew. His memory is challenged every week by memorizing a poem. He learns about nature and is surrounded by a multicultural group of wonderful kids. He even asks when he'll get to go to school in the school holidays. I love the uniforms as it has eliminated morning struggles as to which spider man tee shirt he wants to wear :). He's recently been on a field trip to the botanical gardens which he couldn't stop talking about. The teachers are wonderful and caring. There are two teachers per class unlike one per 25 kids at a regular ps. The school is like a private school for free. I feel great about my choice and will send my you get son there as well.

Great teachers and learning enviroment! My kids (K and 2nd grade) look forward to going there each morning. Happy with the cirruculum as well

I have two kids in HLA. Teachers are fantastic. A lot of enrichment activities. My kids love it and so do I. Highly recommend it.

Last modified Hebrew Language Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.