Achievement First Brownsville Charter School 3

Posted October 14, 2012
My son has been going here since K. I was so excited about the academics and very pleased when I heard that the school is structured. The academic regiment is great. I LOVE IT! 0 tolerance of fighting. Math and reading levels- outstanding. However, unfortunately,I am not pleased with much else. I don't like the idea that punishing kids seem to be more important than anything else. Kids are not giving much extracurricular activities to run out their energy at all. Rushing them to eat breakfast. BARELY allowing them to socialize with each other. Recess is structured. The color of a shoes lace is deemed more distracting than constantly ripping kids names off of choice charts for every little thing. Silently crying. Not sitting in a 'slant.' Not wanting to read. These are KIDS! I am bothered by the fact that the teachers are as young as me. Some fresh out of college having no prior experiences with children anyway.Especially inner city kids. They don't seem to care that parent have to work. Many parent have lost their jobs from having to go up and sit in class for 3 hours for silly things.I thought it was a lie until I went through it. Im trying to stick It through though. Really am.

Achievement First Brownsville Charter School 3

Posted February 06, 2011
My son has been in this school since first grade. It has a great concept and i love the way someone is at the front door each morning to greet the children. I find that they seem very helpful but this charter school is not for children with any problems. They use a charting system to evaluate behavior. There is no gym, no means for the children to play. Everything is done in silence. This is a great school for kids who can sit still all day and have little to no outburst. All the teacher are right out of college and 90% are white and never taught black children.

Achievement First Brownsville Charter School
2021 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, NY  11233
Last modified Achievement First Brownsville Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Achievement First Brownsville Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top