Posted August 06, 2014
This school is a true blessing to me. My scholar who started Pre- K last year is now reading on a 2nd grade level and is able to articulate and comprehend what he has read. He is also able to solve math word problems with ease with the use of multiple strategies, which means differentiation is present. My husband and I love this school so much, we dedicated ever waking moment to get our daughter into the Middle Academy. I can't wait to see what the Middle Academy has in store for our newest scholar. So far so good , I've already been contacted about orientation and other to do's at the school. I would recommend this school to any parent that is serious about education.

Posted January 06, 2014
I made an excellent choice choosing this school. My son loves it. They have an excellent learning system. Agree with the other comment below this school isnt for everyone, homework can be intense at times. At a young age there reading and writing, which is what you want coming from a neighborhood that doesnt offer good school a. staff is wonderful !!!!!

Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
Initially there was a lot of pressure for my child to conform to their rigorous curriculum and behavior expectations. It was also an adjustment to myself as a busy working single parent who is also a student. I do not see the parents involved at all. I took the initiative to get in the school and try and work with them to better acclimate my child. I agree about the lack of physical curriculum as Dance is not suitable for all students. Also there are no graduation ceremonies and parents are not made aware of things unless it is deemed necessary. I advise any parent of a charter school student to make it your business to be more proactive and visible and give your child the emotional and physical support to adjust.

Posted January 09, 2013
This school has done a lot for my son. He doesn't like it at times because they sweat the small stuff. Im looking at the bigger picture and that is for him to get a great education. He was in a more relaxed learning environment and learned nothing. Teacher calling on daily basis. Now he gets reminders, but at least he's learning also. Im suprised at the intensity of the work. I believe its not for everyone, but I believe this environment is best for him. Im able to voice my concerns to teachers and get some feed back. You have to know your child and decide what's best for him/her. I want to thank the entire staff and management for giving our kids a cjance to a better education.

Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School 2

Posted April 11, 2011
I think it's great a teacher commented on the status of the school yet the Parent AND Teacher need to work together and partner. Not sure what's the deal with Charter schools but it seems that they all have the same thing - they fail to realize/ understand a GREAT statement made by the parent..."Their way of dealing with the issue is interrogation, defamation of character, suspension or termination, instead of using some form of therapy and other interventions or assistance. All children learn differently and need different approaches...need some changes to accommodate all children in the neighborhood. The school does not offer gym time (and outlet) which is not healthy. It's not for everyone. " Hope the staff reads these notes and make changes before adding more grades - handle what you have now before adding more injury.

Posted January 10, 2011
Leadership Prep is a K-2 school. (We are growing each year with our oldest kids; we will be a K-8 school in the 2016-2017 school year.) We have many staff members who are invested in students with special needs these include a Principle, Dean, Social Worker, Special Education Director, Special Education teacher, and part time Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist. We also have two certified teachers in each classroom. We are privileged to have all of these staff members giving our students specialized attention every day. Our curriculum focuses on literacy, math, science, social studies, and character education. Each of our students also has music daily and physical education twice a week. We have evening tutoring for students who need it once a week and an arts based after school program two days a week. All of our programs are free to parents. We aim to educate the whole child and love to work with families to make sure everyone is enjoying their child s educational journey!!

Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School 1

Posted October 10, 2010
Leadership is a great school when it comes to academics and having order. My son showed great improvement with reading, writing and understanding concepts. Even though there are two teachers in a classroom, I believe the school needs more staff. There is only one social worker for the whole school, one dean for grades k-5. Special needs or lower grade children who have social, emotional or behavior disabilities are struggling to succeed because of extreme high behavior expectations. Their way of dealing with the issue is interrogation, defamation of character, suspension or termination, instead of using some form of therapy and other interventions or assistance. All children learn differently and need different approaches. Generally it's a good school but does need some changes to accommodate all children in the neighborhood. The school does not offer gym time (and outlet) which is not healthy. It's not for everyone.

Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School
51 Christopher Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11212
Last modified Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leadership Preparatory Ocean Hill Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top