Brooklyn, NY

Ps 971 4

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter was lucky enough to be chosen to go to this school for Pre-K its first year being open. While there were some kinks in the administration and "flow" in the beginning, the quality of the teachers and the curriculum were amazing. If you like traditional environments, this school may not be for you. If you would like your child to learn how things work as opposed to rote learning, this is the school for you. You may have to be patient with communication because of the demographic - many of the parents do not speak English, as well as some of the children (leading to difficulty with parent involvement). But with an open mind, you gain great treasure here.

Ps 971 2

Posted June 28, 2011
My daughter just finished her kindergarten year. She is in the inaugural class. She is reading at a second grade reading level, vastly improved her speech and managed to pick up some Mandarin (we are Caucasian.) The school had some first year bumps in the beginning but are getting smoothed out. I have NEVER encountered racism or been treated like a child. The teachers and principal have always been warm and friendly. My child adores each and every one of the staff. The previous poster doesn't really substanitate any of his/her claims so I do not feel I can take them seriously. I was the PTA Secretary, BTW so I am insulted by the inflamatory and again, unsubstantiated comment regarding that position. I will add that I feel the parental involvement can be improved immensely. This past year, it was the same families who repeatedly attended each event. I am hopeful that next year will be better. Christine C.

Ps 971 1

Posted June 20, 2011
This school is the worst. The teachers have attitudes and think they can talk to you like a child. Some of the teachers come off racist even some of the kids parents.Trust me when I say keep your kids away from this school. It is a clean school but they are very disorganized. They are so desperate to have people apply for the PTA secretary and so forth that they choose people that have no clue. If you send your kid here, good luck as there was many parents that yanked their kids out of this school.

Ps 971