Public charter
Brooklyn, NY

1 star

Posted October 21, 2014
This school's leadership is so unorganized and unprofessional. They speak to us as if our opinions do not matter. Additionally, so many teachers have quit already this year and it is not even November! The most troubling thing for me is that students with IEP's are not getting their mandated services due to lack in staffing. I would love to be more involved, but it seems that as parents, we are kept in the dark about the things going on in the school. Leadership is not forthcoming, open, or honest. Rather, they are deceiving and often times even disrespectful. I have even witnessed a member of leadership show disrespect to a teacher, which might explain why the teachers look so exhausted, drained, and frustrated. I don't blame them! My child only has 20 minutes to eat, and 15 minutes of recess even though the school day is extended compared to the public schools. There is supposed to be an open-door policy, and yet I have heard of parents being turned away when they have shown up. I sent my child to this school because I thought it was a better alternative to the public school next door, but I am coming to the conclusion that they may not be the case. What a shame.

Posted September 17, 2014
Great teachers who care, but they all leave!! Poor leadership too. My kid is never allowed to go to the bathroom or talk during the day. It's like a prison.

Posted July 21, 2013
This school is an awful school. Many parents think the public schools are bad so they look to charter schools. This school is not focused on the right things. Kids come LAST. This school is a deception!

Bushwick Ascend Charter School
751 Knickerbocker Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11221
Last modified Bushwick Ascend Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bushwick Ascend Charter School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top