Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted May 31, 2016
Just terrible. I agree with the other parents comments. This school does not meet standards.

Posted February 04, 2016
My first impression of BDCS was that it was a great school and atmosphere. As time passes, I've begun to question my daughter's growth! The administrative staff at this school (i find) is excellent. The issues I have is with the communication between the parents and the school - things are not communicated timely; the color coding system needs to be reviewed because if constantly moving the child's behavior worm for simple infractions (just being a child) it will (and has in some cases) become ineffective; kids should be evaluated consistently and growth reported to parents in a timely manner so that steps can be taken if the growth is below the standard expected by the school; kids should not be given a computerized test to determine their growth etc if they are not using computers daily to complete their classroom work! There should be consistency; last but not least, if teachers do not have the patience for younger kids, they should seek another profession. As parents, we all want the best for our child/childrenren and if we had the ways and means, we would be with our child/children , 24 hours each day. It is about working together to achieve success.

Posted November 18, 2015
I would absolutely would have to agree with all the parents concerns about the new administration. This is the most incompenite administration that has taken over the school. I for one understand that the administration before this was the BEST that this school had. The Principal has NO leadership, does not know how to speak to parents and constantly threaten parents with authority. That is not the way a educator should conduct himself. As for him I would personally request his resignation immediately cause without leadership you have no foundation. AND your child is not being look after when your child comes home with bruises all over there face. When you try to seek information on how it happen they become belligerent, but if you was the one to send your child to school with a bruise they would be the first one to call ACS on you. So now who do you call on them? When all they do is cover them self by telling you that the bruises are not that serious. Shame on you Mr. Principal. You are inep to run any administration. A certificate does not make you the right person to run administration. A petition should be filed up for his resignation. If I could give the school no star's I would. The school use to be a Five star. Now its a NO star. This should lead parents to wonder who are truly our educator for our children.

Posted April 04, 2015
You are so right when parents complain they call the police on you. The deans are the worse, one is full of herself, the other one has no respect for parents her tone of voice is defiant. This school might close in 3 years if they don't fire Administration, maybe the Board needs to be fired!

Posted March 30, 2015
Our decision to take our son out of this school in the middle of the school year is the best decision we could make right now. I won't allow him to spend another day in a school with an administration that's more concerned with there authority then they are with my son's academics or progression. Although he has been in this school from the day it opened, I have to make this change. The original principal an amazing person. When she left, the original staff started leaving one by one. This new administration, especially the dean (Yisrael), are unbelievably incompetent ,unprofessional and unconcerned. It's sad that my son won't be apart of the first graduating class of this school but I would never be able to trust this staff with my child's education and achievement. ..

Posted March 22, 2015
I am just sad that parents have not done their homework , and they have no clue that this school does not meet educational standards. If you don't believe it just visit DOE website.

Posted February 23, 2015
I expect an educational institutional to be more serious. They are all about putting their plans on paper and giving parents teacher meeting but are not doing anything. I don t understand why 1 child has to take over 10 ream of copying paper and 10 dozen pf pencils in a school years and an endless list of other school supplies. The kids should not feel responsible for their school supplies and therefore the teachers should not insult them if their parents can t afford to send the supplies, my daughter is always asking me to buy extra school supplies for her class mate so they don t get yell at. This school has more trips and birthday parties than any other school I know. They need to focus on getting the kids to learn their school work and maybe on their manners. The dismal process is not working, they claim that the school is a safe one but yet anyone can walk in and pick up your kids. I don t understand why my child s teacher has to take her boyfriend to her class trip. I don t know him and therefore can t trust him with my child. The list goes on and on and on. I am pulling out my kids after this year is over. 4 more moths to go.

Posted November 26, 2014
I am grateful that my children no longer attend this school. they miss their friends Ms Hubbard Mrs burke Mrs / Ms Vagnone the iep teachers and that is it . the dean is dreadful and has a ego issue. that now my children are in a new school they have a better attitude towards school and they are looking forward to it. I am so happy that my children are happy now. wish the children their a great holiday and hope the best for them.

Posted June 09, 2014
Where do I begin? Now that my son has been accepted to another school and all the arrangements have been made I feel like I can finally speak up. I admit that it was cowardly not to do so before, but I had to think about the back lash for my child. My son has attended this school since its inception. Because it was the first year, there were many hiccups along the way. I didn't think that the first dean was great with children. She always seemed so cold. But even then I could appreciate her efficiency. The original principal, Mrs. Wilds was so warm and loving toward the students and families that at times I could understand why they needed the balance of the strong-handed dean. My son's second year was better and it seemed that we were well on our way to all that NHA promised. Then in 2012, there was a change and I thought: give it a chance, without change, there is no evolution. After almost 2 years of this principal, I feel like my child attends one of those failing traditional public schools where there is no accountability for what students should be learning, and more and more I see things changing over to the way it was in the traditional schools. It is criminal.

Brooklyn Dreams Charter School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
My son is currently a student at this school. Brooklyn dream is not for every child or every parent. It does require putting in a lot of work. Brooklyn Dream challenges your child. Expect that if you send your child here you will have to put in a lot of work so that you child does will at the school. The does provide extra programs to help you child do well, such as reading and math programs during the school year and the summer. Yes, your child will have a lot of homework but you and your child will get use to it. The goal of the school is to have you child become a well rounded person. There is moral focus. Where the kids focus on ideas like gratitude. They go on a lot of trips and have danecs. Every school has its issues. I'm not saying this school is perfect. I'm saying you get from this school what you put in. The teachers I have come across a pretty good. I work full time and can not make it to the school as often as some parent so I communicate a lot by email and notes and I have always received a quick response.

Brooklyn Dreams Charter School
259 Parkville Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11230
Last modified Brooklyn Dreams Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.