No rating

Success Academy Williamsburg

Charter | K-2 | 172 students

Student diversity

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted February 24, 2014

Hello fellow parents, I'd like to share my experience at Success Academy Williamsburg. I have a daughter in second grade. I was worried it would be too hard, too strict etc. I have to say, I'm blown away by the level of care and commitment to my child. They not only have shown her how to access her own style of learning but have allowed her to feel a deep sense of respect for herself and others. My son who is entering K this fall. He has a possible neurologic condition and has trouble with stairs. Naturally I am worried how he will manage and keep up with other kids. The Principle, Abby Johnson is so kind and accessible and has a wonderful background on educating the whole child. After our meeting she requested to have a playdate with our son to get to know him so she could make an informed recommendation. At this point we are evaluating the situation. We are looking into a 'Health Para'. Whatever we decide I feel that they are partners with my finding the right solution for my son. My children's individual needs are truly taken care of - I can't say enough great things about this school. Geraldine Bien

Posted February 24, 2014

My daughter began first grade at Success Academy this academic year and I am so glad to have made the decision to apply. This is an outstanding school where the curriculum is challenging and engaging and the staff are energetic, motivated and seem truly excited to teach every day. There is also open communication between the parents and teachers, which has allowed us to pinpoint my child's specific needs and cater to them. She has progressed wonderfully these few months she has been at this school and I could not be more pleased. I am very excited to have my younger daughter begin kindergarten here in the fall.

Posted October 17, 2013

This is my child's first year & I am pleased by the teachers & administration. They are wonderful. There is a wealth of communication between the principal, teachers & office staff with the parents. It's great to see that the teachers are caring & enthusiastic about their work. I will update my review by years end.

Posted July 9, 2013

Overall, it's a great school. My son has improved so much through the past year. I appreciate the teacher's involvement and dedication to the students to reach their highest potential and more.

The NYC Department of Education asked parents, teachers and students about their school's learning environment. Results provide insight into school climate, such as whether the school is academically rigorous, safe, communicative and collaborative. Learn more

The information captured by the survey is designed to support a dialogue among all members of the school community about how to make the school a better place to learn. An overall category score is calculated for each respondent group (parents, teachers, or students) by averaging the scores of the questions within that survey category.

Category scores for each of the respondent groups are then combined to form overall category scores. Alongside the results for each school are the aggregated results across all NYC public schools, which are provided as a basis for comparisons.

Learn more about the NYC DOE survey »Close
Based on 67 responses

This school provides ... 1

A safe and respectful environmentWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school creates a physically and emotionally secure environment in which everyone can focus on student learning.

9.3

8.0

8.4

9.2

8.0

Clear, useful communication about educational goalsWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school provides information about the school's educational goals and offers appropriate feedback on each student's learning outcome.

9.5

8.5

9.6

7.8

Strong parent, teacher and student engagementWhat's this?

This score measures how engaged parents, students and teachers feel they are in an active and vibrant partnership to promote student learning.

9.1

9.2

8.9

7.8

High academic expectations for all studentsWhat's this?

This score measures how well parents, students and teachers feel that the school develops rigorous and meaningful academic goals that encourage students to do their best.

8.2

8.3

9.3

Based on surveys from:

RespondentsResponse rate
Parents5442%
Teachers1393%

12012-2013 New York City Department of Education School Survey

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

183 South 3rd Street