Bad
Good

Posted November 16, 2013
My son graduated last June, and I am so grateful he went here. My daughter is in the third grade, and loves it. Our principle is fantastic, always available to talk, and a strong facilitator for our school. The classes are bright, filled with art, and never over crowded. We had an event last night, and I was talking with a parent whose daughter went to a different school at first, a "good" school, and we both agreed that ALL kids should have this education model. My son was found to have a reading disorder in the 3rd grade and the services he was suppose to get where already in place, nothing had to change in his classroom routines. His education experience would have been much different if he had gone to any other school.

Posted November 15, 2013
My son is in first grade and has had challenges in the past with frustration tolerance. We have seen him blossom and grow in the inclusion environment, and develop an empathy for his peers that he hasn't shown before. With four teachers (2 teachers, 2 paras) in the room, the staff is able to give the children the support they need. Mr. Artie, the principal, is great and very visible. We love The Children's School!

Posted October 15, 2013
My daughter just started at PS 372 for 2nd grade this year. The communication I have received from this school in the first month and a half of school has been more than I have received in the entire past two years from her previous school. Her current teachers are wonderful. I am excited about the years to come.

Ps 372 The Children S School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My son just started Pre K and so far everything has been a positive experience. There are 4 teachers in his class therefore every child gets their needed attention. Parents at this school are very involved and stay connected thru emails. After School seems to be expensive compare to some public schools that offers it for free but they have financial assistance if you qualify. Staff are very helpful and friendly :)

Posted January 28, 2012
If you are fortunate enough to get into this school it is pretty much as close to perfect as a New York Public School can get. There are 3-4 teachers to a class, they have gym or movement every day, the teachers are top rate, and the kids are all well prepared for exams and seem to get into great middle schools. The school is not over crowded, and the kids get access to computer labs, science rooms, art, dance, lego robotics. All the school events are well attended. The draw back is that it is not very diverse, which they are working on. The majority of the families are upper middle class and educated, and I wonder if parents who don't fit that description might feel a little left out.

Posted June 01, 2010
Overall an excellent school, and outstanding model for inclusive education; there are 3 adults per class of 24 (2 teachers, 1 paraprofessional). Almost all teachers work very hard to insure that all children's needs are met-- in the same class, for some kids that means remedial work on phonemes, and for others, that means advanced literary topics. However, the Math curriculum does not allow much for customization according to child's ability. To address this, they have math groups (based on ability) in the upper grades, but for younger kids who excel in Math, they may not be challenged. Since this is an inclusion school, children with disabilities are in each classroom, so prospective families should be prepared to embrace inclusion.

Ps 372 The Children S School

Posted September 16, 2009
A gem of a school! My daughter is in kindergarten there and we could not be happier! I feel so fortunate to be able to send my child there.

Posted April 19, 2009
My son is very happy,the school is amazing he started Kindergarden this year ,all staff in the children school work hard. and we are very Happy. tks children's school.

Posted November 30, 2007
My son just started Pre K this year and I am very happy with the teachers and he other staff. His teachers are very helpful and are were very flexable at open school night with me because I am a teacher as well. We are very pleased with The Children's School.

Posted September 09, 2006
The Children's School is amazing. The teachers, administrators and parents are all very committed to this school. A lot of emphasis is placed on individual childs' needs.

Ps 372 The Children S School
512 Carroll Street, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Ps 372 The Children S School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6