Posted November 20, 2014
If I had a choice I wouldn't even give one star. This school administration is deplorable. They are incompetent, lazy and overall rude. Not including the safety issue with the school and lack of the protection. Also the hush hush bullying problem the staff would like to hide. Academic wise the school is good but if this is the environment then it's not worth it.

Posted August 06, 2014
I'm going into my 3rd and junior year at medgar Evers and I regret coming to this school to this day. All the high ratings online are not deserved. On surveys we are told what to put on the survey and that we should give the best rating on every question even if we personally feel different. The school is extremely unorganized from the front office , to the class rooms, to the nurses office. Majority of the staff are extremely disrespectful towards students. There aren't many extra coricular activities offered at this school the only upside is that the track team is one of the best in the country but other than that all of the other sports teams are horrible. The school doesn't have a gym , for gym class students must run back and forth down the hallways in the basement and if you're lucky you get blessed with gym inside of the medgar Evers college in which students aren't really welcome. Administrators are discouraging and disrespectful towards students. The people in charge of certain departments never know what to do or where anything is. The only way effort is put into things at this school is if a parent comes up and complains.

Posted May 28, 2014
Listen, as a senior in class of 2014, I urge you NOT TO GO. The school is terrible and highly practices favoritism. The deans are very unruly and sarcastic towards the students then when the students bring their parents up, it's a different story. Also, the librarian is very miserable. They let their students stand out in the rain once if not wearing uniform. The principal continuously discourages the children. Some teachers are very good but others are just plain terrible. The nurses have a very bad attitude and the main office staff is even worse. Usually there is supposed to be a level of respect that the teachers have for the students. But the teachers, staff, deans, principal and everyone else are very disrespectful towards the students. And for some reason the students are always wrong.. Medgar does have a lot of AP classes. However, the schedules are always getting mixed up, transcripts also. Getting a recommendation letter is like pulling teeth. Once my college advisor even told me that no college would let me in." Everyone who has left medgar evers never looked back. It is a poor example of a school and I am embarrassed to go in there every day. It is a TERRIBLE SCHOOL.

Posted October 26, 2013
Medgar Evers Prep is a great school. As parent of child coming from another high school I have seen a major difference in the quality of work that is taught at this school It is a great pleasure to have my child attend this school There is a lot to offer the students The principal is always around so is also the vice principal. The kids attending this school has great future ahead.

Posted August 27, 2013
Outstanding school with superb leadership, outstanding teachers, caring counselors and staff, involved parent association and eager and motivated students as a result..

Medgar Evers College Preparatory School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I love this school , even though it is underestimated due to the school location, I have been trying to get my son into the school since 6th grade . The school offers many opportunities to under privilege students who want to learn, if my son does not achieve his goal , it has nothing to do with the teachers, they call constantly to update m of his accademic progress.

Posted August 19, 2012
I am a public school teacher and my kids are 5 & 8 and without a doubt they both will be attending this school. I've written many recommendations for my students to attend and quite a few made it. I live in Queens but I know it'll be worth the commute to travel for a superior learning experience.

Posted November 21, 2011
Currently a Sophomore at this school. It's a good school. A lot of AP and college courses offered here. Not much racial diversity. At first I didn't even consider going here. I wanted to go to a specialized High school. But I don't regret coming here. Great track team and band. I've not heard much of our Basketball teams. I would recommend this school to anyone that wants to take AP and College courses. Best way of entering the school is by getting in at 6th grade. You take many regents exams before you even get to the high school. I wrote this because I felt that the other reviews on here about the school were just old and didn't have much information about the school. Bullying is not much of an issue. That statement annoyed me. Intelligence is welcomed. Although there are many teachers with accents that you may not understand at first. You'll get used to it.

Posted June 03, 2011
In September 2011, I'll be attending sixth grade in Medgar Evers College Prep. I'm really excited because I've heard only good reviews of this school. The only thing that I'm not so happy with is that all incoming sixth graders must attend their mandatory summer program from July 6th thru August 5th, 2011, due to summer school funds. But, it's only from 8 a.m. to 1p.m., so it's not that bad. I'd recommend this school to every parent that asked about it (my old kindergarten teacher works there now). Thanks 4 reading!

Medgar Evers College Preparatory School 3

Posted June 01, 2011
I wish I could share the same views as others. I am not satisfied with the school. Some of the staff act as if they have no control of the students. Bullying is an issue!

Medgar Evers College Preparatory School
1186 Carroll St, Brooklyn, NY  11225
Last modified Medgar Evers College Preparatory School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medgar Evers College Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top