Bad
Good

Very eager to get in ; however, very disappointed with the teachers after. I think some of the 6th grade teachers are not educators. They push all the responsibility to students and parents. you'd better be quiet and "good" students. If your child is active and mindful and has no fear for say no, I don't think this is the school for your child. some teachers have second jobs in tutoring centers. They will favor students from their second job. I question if the school has any policy for conflict of interest. I just had a conference with the homeroom teacher who doesn't care the mental health of a kid- just a 6th grader. She called my son a lier in front of me and my son. She put him under testimony with cross examination skills. She called for two more teachers to help to "convict" my son. Few days before the conference, she also had a teacher to talk to my son that" you'd better clarify the facts to your parent..." The problem is he copy other kid's homework but did not admit the mistake right the way, instead using all excuses. Even I agreed that my son's behavior was totally wrong, I cannot help to say this is a terrible way to educate a student! Is this called "teacher bullying?!!! " if you want your child has a happy school life, Mark Twain would be a better choice.

My extremely awesome classmate loved chop suey but I prefer the tuna eyeballs... This school serves great food

I'm a student in scientific research, and most of what has been said about this school is true. I would just like to point out about the gyms - one is a fitness center and can be used when the teachers teach about all the machines and it is for ALL GRADES. The regular gym is small, but each class of 100 fits just fine.

I am a student in the Academy for Scientific Research. My school is the best school ever. The teachers are very nice. I heard they give a lot of homework, but in reality, they don't. I didn't have the best Elementary School Experience, but this changed my life completely. Everyone is smart and creative. The classes are full of fun. Beware, there are 2 gyms but as far as I know one is for only 7th and 8th graders. PE is in groups of 3 classes. All your gym classes will be outside unless it rains.

It's a great school! it's probably the best education you can get at the public system. Both kids and teachers are smart, creative, eager to learn and want to have fun while learning. Nice surprise is that a lot of teachers think outside the box. Both, our kid and us are very happy with this school. Very small gym though, but they are building a bigger one.)

its a perfect school and the teachers are nice! i love the school so much

I'm a senior in is 187 right now, and it is by far the awesomest middle school you can go to. We're also the third best middle school in the whole NY state. (ps, i will be attending stuyvesant hs in september)

I'm in the Business and Law Academy of Christa McAuliffe School, and I have to say the environment is positively indescribable! Everyone is so nice, teachers make learning fun and I actually get a lot out of it. Even though a lot of prep for the OLSAT was involved in order to be accepted into this school, it was worth it!

I am going to 6th grade next year and I am looking forward to which middle school i will attend.But mostly I want to go to IS.187 because its learning situtation was very good.According to my friend's grandmother, the school's teachers was fun and make the lesson intresting.IS.187 is one of the best school in district 20.According to my friend his favorite part is the principle because he was very nice.In my old school PS.105k I still have a good times.

This school is very upbeat and the teachers are excellent at their job. This school also has a special ed. for disabled children, teaching them important job skills.

Last modified I.S. 187 The Christa Mcauliffe School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.