Posted November 02, 2014
I am a student in the Academy for Scientific Research. My school is the best school ever. The teachers are very nice. I heard they give a lot of homework, but in reality, they don't. I didn't have the best Elementary School Experience, but this changed my life completely. Everyone is smart and creative. The classes are full of fun. Beware, there are 2 gyms but as far as I know one is for only 7th and 8th graders. PE is in groups of 3 classes. All your gym classes will be outside unless it rains.

Posted September 28, 2014
It's a great school! it's probably the best education you can get at the public system. Both kids and teachers are smart, creative, eager to learn and want to have fun while learning. Nice surprise is that a lot of teachers think outside the box. Both, our kid and us are very happy with this school. Very small gym though, but they are building a bigger one.)

Posted September 09, 2014
its a perfect school and the teachers are nice! i love the school so much

Posted June 11, 2014
I'm a senior in is 187 right now, and it is by far the awesomest middle school you can go to. We're also the third best middle school in the whole NY state. (ps, i will be attending stuyvesant hs in september)

Posted April 29, 2014
I'm in the Business and Law Academy of Christa McAuliffe School, and I have to say the environment is positively indescribable! Everyone is so nice, teachers make learning fun and I actually get a lot out of it. Even though a lot of prep for the OLSAT was involved in order to be accepted into this school, it was worth it!

Posted April 02, 2014
I am going to 6th grade next year and I am looking forward to which middle school i will attend.But mostly I want to go to IS.187 because its learning situtation was very good.According to my friend's grandmother, the school's teachers was fun and make the lesson intresting.IS.187 is one of the best school in district 20.According to my friend his favorite part is the principle because he was very nice.In my old school PS.105k I still have a good times.

Posted October 09, 2013
This school is very upbeat and the teachers are excellent at their job. This school also has a special ed. for disabled children, teaching them important job skills.

Posted July 11, 2013
I'm going to 6th grade in the scientific research program !!!!!!!!so excited :) i know imma love the school

Posted August 01, 2012
I am a sixth grader here in the Scientific Research Acadamy at McAuliffe and have no words to describe it here. The principle is the best man I ever knew. He makes the enviroment of learning spectacular, and I couldn't imagine McAuliffe without him. The teachers are wonderful and understand each child an individual, and treat them as equals. The students are beyond amazing, they are helpful, kind, and encouraging. It is the best place to make a friend. Overall, there are only 4 words to describe McAuliffe: Best of the BEST!

Posted June 04, 2012
This school is a fun learning place.I have my children going to this school and they have the teachers I used to have.I give this school 5 stars!

Is 187 The Christa Mcauliffe School
1171 65th St, Brooklyn, NY  11219
Last modified Is 187 The Christa Mcauliffe School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 187 The Christa Mcauliffe School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top