Bad
Good

Boys and Girls High School 4

Posted February 01, 2012
While our principal is a great and fearless, leader as a parent this motivates me 100%. My child is a freshman and has a wealth of caring teachers. I look forward to keeping our parents engaged., and helping our principle to bring positive change.

Posted December 03, 2010
Another thing about this school that tells me they are trying to close this school is that no student can bring home a text book . How is my child goind to complete with schools like brooklyn tech if my child can bring home his text book.

Posted March 25, 2010
it's alright for the most part i will apreciated if the teacher were more involved with contacting the parents more often rather than just on open school nights

Boys and Girls High School 5

Posted February 18, 2010
I think BGHS is a very good school which helps student succeed

Boys and Girls High School 5

Posted February 10, 2010
Im A Student At BGHS &* ii Feel That This School Has Helped Me Alot With The Problems I Have &* With Many Other Things..The Teachers At The School Respect Us For Who We Are &* They Dont Judge Us By Color Or Class...ii Feel Thiis Schol Will Take Me Where i Need 2tO Go &* Help 2tO Better The Decisions ii Make iin Liife

Posted August 31, 2009
Wait one minute. I am a hard working teacher that has worked at BGHS for years. I come to class prepared and expect my students to do the same. I too stay up late preparing for my classes. I love what I do and the students I teach. I am accessible to parents and students. The key is to be consistent and clear with expectations. Most parents and students appreciate that. BGHS has lots to offer and in a genuine family environment. BTW there are many more like me at BGHS.

Boys and Girls High School 4

Posted December 19, 2008
My child is a senior, and three of my family members graduated from Boys and Girls. I rate this school ... Not A Problem At All! If you are an involved parent - YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES with your child receiving a good education from this school. B's & G's is a HUGE place, and if you are not on top of your child and sometimes the teachers - your child will fall through the cracks. This is why open school night and contacting your childs teacher is important. When a teacher see that the parent cares - Teachers Care More! Boys and Girls is a really a good school and the comments that I read seem to come from parents and students who have other issues than Boys and Girls.

Posted July 24, 2008
I can see why it's looked down upon.Teachers fail students and don't make any effort to promote success as a priority afterward. AP classes are far below standards. I wouldn't recommend ever considering you sending your children there, for their sakes.

Posted April 30, 2008
this school is a waste of time and a childs future i am a senior that didnt get help from the teachers at all i helped myself and still made it towhere i am today thank god im leaving b.g.h.s this june for good class of 08 parents dont send ur child here if u really want the best for them and their safety

Posted March 17, 2008
I went to this school in my freshman and spohmore years. I didnt learn anything nor did this school notice us by our name they new us numbers I really didnt like this school, now i am a senior at an school in South Carolina were i will be graduating on the A honor roll

1700 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY  11213
Last modified Boys and Girls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.