Posted March 19, 2014
This school is really trying to improve and I commend them for making Bergen Beach a better place to live in this past year. Thank you to the administration and staff for working so hard.

Posted March 19, 2014
My child is in the 8th grade and I am so happy with the good people at this school. I wish I had more children to send them!

Posted March 18, 2014
I am reading some of the comments written here on this site. It never fails to amaze me how people complain about schools, their jobs, clubs or anything there is in life. But, never step forward to either lend advice or slide their sleeves up and get involved. My children went to Roy Mann years ago, my son is going to be 28 and my daughter is now 25. I lived in the neighborhood for over 22 years. The biggest complaint we had back then was that there were too many double parked cars. Times have changed, so have most of the problems of society. I believe we baby our young adult children way too much as a society. My mother and her PA back in the 60's and 70's fought hard to make the schools what they were.SAFE! yes of course many moms work today and some can't be bothered. As long as nothing is interfering with their workouts at the gym, their work schedule, their vacations or shopping, all is good. GUESS what people stop sitting on the sidelines, get to the schools PTA meetings, voice your opinion there and then volunteer to do something about it. Imagine a PTA meeting where the schools staff who is there for your children, out number the parents.. shameful is right..SHAME ON YOU.

Jhs 78 Roy H Mann 1

Posted March 17, 2014
my son is a 6th grader there now. And since September there has been a problem atleast 1 a week. My child just would like to go to school and learn without all the nonsense. The supervision or lack of does nothing but yes's you to death. This is our local school and sad to say this is the worst school. I would not send any child there. Nothing but problems and nothing gets done. Its a shame

Posted October 25, 2013
I am amazed at the turn around this school has made. I am a parent who has been with the school for over 10 years with all of my children. I have seen it at its worst but I can not believe the difference in security, discipline, and enviornment. The security issues are gone, the negative attitudes as gone. All you have now is a great principal, mr cusuamao who inspires the teachers to be better and the students are happy in this neighborhood school where the parents feel welcome. Great job Mr Cusumano. Dont think twice about sending your students to this school. It has great plays, great band and culinary arts program.. plus aftershcool activities. The work is challenging also but the teachers make it fun. One of my friends sent her son to cummingham and they hated it and they went to roy mann and they welcomed them with open arms , she felt important and he loves it .

Posted October 24, 2013
This school has improved a lot. The new principal Mr. Cuosamano has revamped the school. He is passionate, dedicated and determined to see Roy Mann suceed.

Jhs 78 Roy H Mann 1

Posted September 16, 2013
Mr. Johnson was the only real administrator that can handle JHS 78. Anyone else that came after him is a joke.

Posted August 23, 2013
Although the school did not meet all my expectations upon placing my child there, it has offered him many positive experiences and opportunities. The greatest problem we've experienced is the behavior of some children; however the school cannot be held responsible for that. If parents don't raise their children to be functional and respectful members of society, it's not the school's fault. Children like that will misbehave no matter where they are. There is something to be said about the roach population; there are quite a few. However, when we look at what makes a school a school Roy Mann stands along other great schools. Instead, focus on the education, care/concern for the students from all adults, communication with parents, response time for meeting requests from parents, before/after school programs, vacation-time activities, an awesome parent coordinator, a new/amazingly attentive principal, etc, These are the things that count. Roy H Mann has it all and more. Perfect, it's not; however, for these and many other reasons I'm glad my honors child attended and will be graduating from this school.

Posted January 22, 2013
Roy Mann is a good school. I was skeptical because of a lot of the negative reviews I found on this site but I have found most of them to be groundless. I have a sixth grader at Mann and could not be happier. I find the teachers engaging, communicative and truly concerned about the well being and academic achievement of our children. There are interesting after school programs. The work is challenging and well distributed. I have made unannounced visits to the school and, aside from the normal sounds one would expect inside a middle school building during the day, the halls are quiet. The Principal, deans and school safety staff are always around. The Parent Coordinator is available and very responsive. I have nothing but praise for this school.

Posted December 07, 2012
Roy mann isn't that bad . I go there. The bathrooms are disguising but that's because of a group of kids. The school needs to focus more on cleaning the school there are sometimes roaches. There weren't any fights this year so far but since I'm in the honor class and in the top of my grade no one really messes with me . As long as you stand up for your self you are fine.they don't need to separate the girls and the boys though.

Jhs 78 Roy H Mann
1420 E 68th St, Brooklyn, NY  11234
Last modified Jhs 78 Roy H Mann is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 78 Roy H Mann Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews.