Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is a not so hidden secret anymore. It has a strong but open leadership. The teachers are professional, friendly, and attuned to the children's needs. We have literacy and math coaches that work with the teachers for best practices. We have music, science, computer, art, and physical education classes. The physical space is large and we have a gymnasium, cafeteria and auditorium. We have outdoor space for recess. Field trips and assemblies are part of the package. The school is diverse in so many ways. The PTA is a powerhouse that really puts forth the effort to run an after school program that is well attended and affordable. They try to keep the fundraising fun, and support enrichment programs that bring in a lot of the arts programs at the school. The PTA helps with teacher professional development. The school believes in whole child education and it shows. My children are very happen with the school and love their teachers and friends. I can walk them to school.

Posted February 17, 2014
The comments: "PS 10 is what happens when school administration, teachers and parents work together to give children all they need. It's a great learning environment..." very accurately captures the ethos of this school. Our son has enjoyed IMMENSELY the 6 years there. I would recommend this school as an awesome choice for any parent whose child has a strong desire to learn and develop. I wish Ms. Scott and her team continued success.

P.S.10 Magnet School for Math, Science & Design Technology 4

Posted February 11, 2014
PS 10 has it's bright spots, though it's very easy for individual students to get lost in the shuffle due to it's size/bureaucracy (though some of this is the fault of the NYC DOE). I've found the parent-teacher coordinator to be unpleasant, but the rest of the staff are caring and try their best, and the PTA is very active.

Posted October 22, 2013
My son was struggling w/adjusting to his new life at PS 10. When it began to influence his behavior and impact his academics, the school went above and beyond to make US feel welcome. Never have I seen a school take so much interest in wanting a child to succeed. I owe his transformation to Mrs. Principal, for taking such special interest and care; to Mrs. Assist. Principal, for taking him under her wing; to Mr. School Counselor, for his guidance & help in getting him the outside resources he needed; and his wonderful Teachers, who were never "too busy" to sit down w/me. The administration & the teachers at PS 10 are true Educators. My son is in the 4th grade now & LOVES going to school. He's a changed kid. We could not be any happier.

Posted September 18, 2013
ps10 is perhaps the best NY public school I have encountered. And with admission the way it is right now that's a lot of schools to compare against.

Posted September 18, 2013
We have been delighted with our 6 years at PS 10. The principal, assistant principal and staff are amazing; the teachers are dedicated and the student body is diverse. The parents are very involved and it feels like everything an excellent neighborhood school should be.

Posted September 16, 2013
My kids love their school. The teachers are out of this world! Thank PS 10!

Posted September 16, 2013
PS 10 is what happens when school administration, teachers and parents work together to give children all they need. It's a great learning environment and the school is constantly striving to get better.

Posted September 16, 2013
I feel so fortunate to have my daughters (1st and 3rd graders) in this school, learning from wonderful teachers, supported by a strong and helpful administration, and benefiting from strong parent involvement.

P.S.10 Magnet School for Math, Science & Design Technology 4

Posted September 16, 2013
I can safely say we lucked out finding this school. I've currently started looking for Junior High Schools in the Park Slope area and I've attended a few workshops provided by my employer. When asked the school my daughter attends, I mention PS 10 and the reactions are always positive. Even got a high five once....

P.S.10 Magnet School for Math, Science & Design Technology
511 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified P.S.10 Magnet School for Math, Science & Design Technology is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S.10 Magnet School for Math, Science & Design Technology Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top