Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted December 15, 2015
They do have recess. My child is in Pre-K and they go to Gym almost everyday. The kids in Ms. Folgelman's class are genuinely happy. We play with them after school and they all like being there.

Ps 31 Samuel F Dupont
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 14, 2015
Ms. Fogelman is the most amazing teacher. She cares for and teaches each child as the individuals they are, not as a mass group.

Posted December 14, 2015
P.S. 31 is a warm, accepting learning environment. My son has blossomed 10 fold since starting pre-k with Ms. Fogelman. He is now interested in learning to read and is excelling at math. He is excited to leave early for school in the morning and almost always says he has had a great day when I pick him up. When it has been a difficult day we talk about it with his teacher and she makes sure everything is resolved so things turn out better the next day. Overall we are having a great experience at P.S. 31!

Posted December 14, 2015
I liked PS 31 from the moment I stepped foot into the school. My son had terrible separation anxiety when first starting Pre-K but all of that changed. He now loves his school. Why? Because of his beloved teacher, Ms. Fogelman. This teacher treats each child as though they were her own. Our hearts sing when we are in her presence. The para professional, Ms. Carmela is also a joy. Dedicated, kind and hard working teachers who go above and beyond for their students are what my child has at PS 31. I am grateful every single day. I have seen a big change in my wild, rambunctious child who found coloring boring before starting school. He is now a patient, focused person who is absorbed in his work. The concentration that previously was lavished on Legos and Transformers has now spilled into everything he does... especially projects. Wether done as a family, in a group or on his own, my 4 year old child enjoys learning and immersing himself in school activities. Isn't that marvelous?! He feels a great deal of pride and joy in the stars and compliments he finds written by his teachers on his work. My son is learning at light speed. Each day he surprises me with new information. There are also wonderful ways to be involved as a parent in my child's school. I can come in and teach a lesson on a Fabulous Friday. I can surprise the class as a mystery reader. I've heard other parents talk of feeling like they are a part of a community. Well, I feel as though I am a part of the class. Perhaps I speak too soon. After all, I know only of a pre-K experience; however, I feel a strong affinity to PS 31. It is known as a Blue Ribbon School Of Excellence, which is tremendous! Along with the strong academics (a necessity) I give it a blue ribbon for the kindness, thoughtfulness and comfort it has been for my family. PS- The school now offers recess!

Posted June 16, 2015
My daughter is in Kindergarten now, her teacher is Ms. Colombo. She's very structured and organized and i love how she pushes the kids to their full potential. When i speak to my friends who have kids in other schools, they all remark "but it's just kindergarten, it's not that serious" but Ms. Colombo makes an extremely valid point - next year there is no one to really "hold their hands" Kids are "thrown" into the real school world, and she prepares them for just that. My only gripe is the kids don't get any recess, and they should have some down time to burn off any extra energy, as they are only 4-5 years old, but other than that - very happen with how it's run

Ps 31 Samuel F Dupont 3

Posted September 18, 2014
My son is on kindergarten at PS 31. He did pre-k there and we loved it, but this year I have concerns. There are 28 children in his class and the teacher has no assistant. They go from one subject to the next, behind a desk all day long, save for gym two days a week and art one day a week. He has about four pages (30 minutes) of homework each night. I fear that in their focus on high test scores, they aren't putting these little ones' emotional, physical and psychological well-being high enough on their priority list.

Posted October 16, 2013
ps31 samuel dupont.MY SONS A 2ND GRADE SECIAL ED STUDENT AT PS31.HES BEEN HERE SINCE KINDERGARTEN & SOIM HAPPY FAR WITH THE SCHOOL.I FEEL THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE HELP& COMMUNICATION BTWN SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHERS& THE PARENTS.THE SCHOOL SHLD HAVE BETTER EXTRA HELP FOR THE SPECIAL ED PROGRAM.THERE NEEDS TO BE AN EMAIL PROVIDED FOR PARENTS FROM TEACHERS SO THAT WE CAN COMUNICATE BETTER I FEEL I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY SONS DAY& MILESTONES BEING REACHED.HAVING A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD IS EXTRA EMOTIONAL& I NEED TO KNOW THE BREAK THROUGHS HE'S MAKING OTHER THAN JUST PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE 2X YEARLY.I HAD A GREAT EXPIERIENCE W/1ST GRADE TEACHER MS.MAKOWER LAST YEAR,SHE WAS ABOVE AND BEYOND OF BEING A GREAT TEACHER,OTHER TEACHERS CAN LEARN FROM HER,SHE WAS MORE THAN INFORMATIVE,SHE WAS JUST AS PROUD OF MY SON AS I WAS WHEN ACCOMPLISHING A GOAL& HIM BEING AUTISTIC SHE HELPED MONITOR HIS SOCIAL GROWTH& I REALLY APPRECIATED KNOWING HOW HIS DAY WENT SINCE ITS DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO EXPRESS THIS TO ME. LIKE I MENTIONED I LOVE THIS SCHOOL& FEEL MY CHILD IS SAFE HERE. I THINK PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHLD SEPARATE SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN ACCORDING TO THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS SUCH AS AUTISIM,THEY NEED SPEC. INST

Ps 31 Samuel F Dupont 4

Posted October 16, 2013
PS31 samuel dupont THERE NEEDS TO A BETTER BULLYING SYSTEM AND MORE TALKS WITH THE CHILDREN REGARDING WHAT BULLYING ACTUALLY IS AND LET THEM KNOW THERE ARE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES TO BEING A BULLY. TEACHERS NEED TO PAY EXTRA ATTENTION TO WHAT THESE KIDS ARE SAYING TO ONE ANOTHER WHETHER IT BE AT LUNCH OR IN THE HALL, IN THE BATHROOM BECAUSE THIS IS WHEN ITS HAPPENING. I KNOW ITS HARD TO KEEP TRACK OF A WHOLE BUNCH OF KIDS BUT WHEN IT COMES TO A CHILD BEING BULLIED , ITS SERIOUS.CHILDREN CAN NOT LEARN PROPERLY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO COME TO SCHOOL,THEY ARE IN CONSTANT WORRY AND FEAR & CANT FOCUS LIKE THEY SHOULD WITH THEIR SCHOOL WORK. MY CHILD HAS BEEN BULLIED HERE , EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THERE IS BULLYING IN EVERY SCHOOL , IM NOT BAD MOUTHING THE SCHOOL I JUST LOVE THIS SCHOOL SO MUCH IT & WOULD BE SHAME TO HAVE TO CHANGE SCHOOLS BECAUSE MY CHILD IS CRYING DAILY.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is amazing and always has been point blank period. I am now 26 am went there from 1st grade all the way threw 6th grade and even as a kid I loved it. I always told myself if I were to ever have a child they would attend there as well and sure enough my son has attended Pre-k and now is in kindergarten and I couldn't ask for more he love his school and the staff. He learned soo much in pre-k and now being in kindergarten is already learning sight words and brings books home daily for me to read to him. Everyone is very attentive and organized the classrooms aren't over crowded and I am constantly getting letters home keeping me aware of all that is going on in the school. I highly recommend this school! A++

Posted January 22, 2013
This school definitely has more pros than cons. There is excellent communication amongst teachers and parents. I feel one hundred percent sure that my child is safe. There is no bullying tolerated thanks to the lovely principle. There really are a wonderful group of parents and children. Although, at times the children may be on overload with home work my son loves his school. i do wish there were some fun activities like recess but, education comes first. In the future this will pay off. Teachers especially work so hard and have a very important role in our childrens lives. A big thank you to all the staff at P.S. 31.

Ps 31 Samuel F Dupont
75 Meserole Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11222
Last modified Ps 31 Samuel F Dupont is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.