Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

I can only speak to my views, I never had a problem with teachers and my child loves his teachers

School is totally awsome, great teachers who take the time to really engage their kids in learning and in which bring out the positive vibes from the kids they need to move on. Aways communicating with parents, very hands-on. Love, love this school!!!

As a kindergarten teacher, a person should be caring, understanding and should have their very own way of handling children. PS 32 specializes in the NEST program, so why would mainstream kindergarten have 3 to 4 teacher's in the classroom, I mean, red boxes, which are used as classrooms! Not that these boxes are a major issue, I understand that this school is over crowded and needs to accommodate these children with the portables...The main issue about my experience in this school are of three particular teacher's, whom I won't mention, but will say they're from K1! The leader of the pack really doesn't have a backbone, she hides behind her assistant who by the way is very rude, has a blah personality, and in my opinion unprofessional. Then there is the 3rd assistant, who only attends to one child, I'm not really sure why she is even there. Then there's the 4th assistant a guy, who is really nice and friendly, but I'm also perplexed over his presence in the classroom, not sure why he's needed. So glad this year is over and I never have to deal with these type of teacher's again. I'll admit, I am sad that my baby's first year blew by so quick, but we will embrace the upcoming school year and grade with a better understanding of what is required by my child and I, and most importantly to maintain a healthy parent teacher relationship with teacher's who will hopefully be better than their predecessors.

This is by far the best school in the area. The school is small and it feels like family. I have nephews in the school and last year my step-son joined the school. They don't have a dual-language program, but they have an outstanding ESL teacher. He has learned English so quickly and is adapted to the school in less than two months. My daughter is now 1 but this is definitely going to be her elementary school.

This has been our two kids' first year at the school and we've been very happy with it. The kids are happy, engaged, and have developed a great appetite for reading which the school really cultivates. Their teachers are wonderful. As other reviews have mentioned, the facilities are impressive, especially for a small public school - great art and music rooms, beautiful library, a garden. The PTA is small but very dedicated and hard-working. There is a good selection of after-school enrichment classes and a free after-school program provided by the Good Shepard Services. We are so glad we ended up in this gem of a school.

I am a NEST parent at PS32. I feel like the team surrounding and supporting my child is excellent. He is supported, understood, and really cared about. My child participates in the same activities and curriculum with the other children. We love the diversity (G&T, social economic, cultural, racial, ASD NEST) of the school population. The PTA and the dedication of the staff really make this school stand out.

Love this school! my 3rd grader wakes up excited every morning to attend class and see her friends.

My child is in Pre-K and the teachers are wonderful, nurturing and patient. I like the class size and parental involvement. One improvement I think would be great is more rigor in the classroom. The approach for Pre-K is social/emotional, which is great, but a lot of kids already explored this in preschool and now they are little sponges absorbing all sorts of knowledge.

A wonderful, welcoming small school environment in an area of Brooklyn where even the best public schools are getting over-crowded.

I like that the staff knows every student by name and that parents can be as involved as they want to be, in both the academic and extra curricular lives of the students. Our son is in the third grade and over the years parent involvement has grown considerably. The staff including subsidiary staff , is friendly and helpful and teachers really have the students' best interests at heart. Overall a very good school.

Last modified Ps 32 Samuels Mills Sprole is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.