Brooklyn, NY

Posted January 09, 2013
I have two daughters that I have in recent months transferred over to this school. I am very happy with the choice I have made for the both of them .. I have been able to see that the education they teach in all in schools is not the same and have learned that children will want to learn and go to school when they are happy mine are finally happy and love going to school every day now.. My youngest today will finally be getting all the services she needs to due to fast working staff ...

P.S. 34 Oliver H Perry 1

Posted October 24, 2012
It is amazing how so many people wrote reviews on this website the exact same days- The reviews are fake, do not believe what these so called "parents" are saying. This the work of the employees trying to make the school look good.

Posted October 20, 2011
I LOVE PS 34!! There are no words to express how grateful I am to have my two daughters attend PS 34. I actually transferred my daughter from a charter school to PS 34. That was the best decision I have ever made. The Principal is always outside greeting the parents and students. She makes me feel so welcome and I appreciate that. I can actually see how nurturing the teachers are with the students. Best of all, my daughters love going to school every morning. Keep up the good work PS 34!!

P.S. 34 Oliver H Perry 4

Posted January 09, 2011
I worry about why there is all of a sudden a large response and everything is so positive. If everything is good then what is there to be so concerned about. I did not count how many replied in May but there is an immediate occurance. I rememebr my child not feeling good about having to be restricted to a disciplinary based style. I also remember another parent sharing the same concern. It was difficult for the children to be themselves without some sense of fear but this also seemed to be a variable in the dominating culture in the school and that takes place at home. I am familiar with this culture having grown up with it. I can't say it was the best but I feel the principal is caring. She does what she can given the building constraints but more creativy can allow for more inspired children. The Social Worker for the older students abusively handled a situation with a pre-k child at the school about four yers ago. I hope things have changed then. She should not be "handling" any children as far as I am concerned.

Posted October 23, 2010
great teachers hard working and smart students

Posted October 12, 2010
It was an amazing school when I attended and an amazing school while my neices attend.. Thanks PS.34 for all the great times!

Posted October 10, 2010
The staff and teachers make every child feel important. My children wake up everyday excited to go to school. This school exceeds in academics and compassion.

Posted May 17, 2010
Really great School, wonderful Teachers, friendly atmosphere. My doughter loves it and me too.Thank you P.S.34!

Posted May 12, 2010
On behalf of my daughters I want to thank P.S. 34 for their patience and cooperation dealing with difficult situations! I also was an Alumni from this school as well therefore it was an honor to have my children attend. Great Job P.S. 34!

Posted May 11, 2010
This school has been the best experience for myself as well as for my children I am very lucky to have their services Thank you

P.S. 34 Oliver H Perry
131 Norman Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11222
Last modified P.S. 34 Oliver H Perry is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 34 Oliver H Perry Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top