Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Everything he's learned in school. May it be a review of something they worked on a week ago or the same day. Amazinly, he understands what the teacher is teaching. Not just go about the day...daydreaming/having behavior issues.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff (paraprofessional's, administrators; etc) only want the best for our children. I was proven that on my tour and on the first day. My son couldn't be happier. That's all that matters. My sons happiness means the world to me and this school took away his new school "anxiety" away. Made him feel super comfortable. They provided me with all the information I needed. Plus, they send home flyers for any workshop or news they might have for the school day/week/month. Amazing! #2thumbsup #5starsschool

Hello all, I must start by saying, this school is #FREAKINGAMAZING! I feel blessed to have my son in this school. He is in the special education program. Just started 6th grade. The teachers are so involved in the learning and well being of the students. That goes for parents as well. When I visited the school, the awesome parent coordinator and office administrators helped me in anything I needed. If I had any questions/concerns they were ready to answer them. Previously, my son would get ready like any other day, wait for his bus like...(whatever mode). Now, my son won't stop talking about his new school and his teacher. It could be Saturday morning and he's asking if he can go to school. I've never seen him like that before. I pray for it to continue. Everyone may not have the same experience because we all are different and might have different needs/concerns. However, I recommend this school to everyone! Keep in mind, this school has 3 different schools in one. One of them, being a charter school. For those might be interested in placing their child in a charter school program. Again, I recommend this school. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

I am shocked that this school ranked a #3. It is very well rounded. "A" ranked school for 4 consecutive years. The teachers and staff are very involved in providing a quality education for all children. They treat them as their own. Help is provided or at least a way to find help. The Beacon program is also held here so there are a lot of after school activities. This is my daughter's 2nd year there and we love it!!

Last modified Ms 35 Stephen Decatur is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.