Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

AWESOME, as long as you're a good student, and willing to co-operate! The teachers are also super nice

This school helps you with anything, as long as you ask for the help. There are amazing, kind teachers too

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I am a 8th grader at MS51, and to be honest it was the worst 3 years of my life. The kids are really mean, they will make fun of you for anything! How you look or how you dress, if you don't look a certain way you get picked on. I had only one good math teacher, that was in 7th grade, the other two taught me nothing. I take spanish, but honestly nobody in my class can say a real sentence. I like that we get to go out for lunch. Gym is pretty bad we do the exact same thing every, it gets pretty boring. You don't really get to do labs in science. Overall I can't wait till I graduate and get out.

I am currently an 8th grader at this school and its absolutely amazing! MS51 has a good talent program and pushes student to work hard and never give up. If you have a question teachers are always willing to answer and you can come in for zero period or come after school. Everyone is nice to each other and students are in a very safe environment. So if your in 5th grade coming to 6th you should really check this school out!

I am a sixth grader at 51, and so far I have been having an amazing time. MOST of the teachers are really friendly and supportive, and the teachers have pushed me to be on the first honor roll. If you are looking for a school that is gifted and talented, and is supportive, then I recommend this school to you.

My son is a student at MS51 and he has really thrived academically and also in his talent Chorus. It has been wonderful to see the Choral performances twice a year. One negative is that the school is very large and crowded. The teachers and kids seem to manage well but on Open School Night if your kid is doing well "above 85 on report card" you are discouraged from attending and taking up valuable teacher time. Teachers do respond to emails. The teachers are also available most mornings at 0 period to answer students questions and give help.

I am a graduate from PS 321 who is now finishing 6th grade honor roll in MS 51. I love that we get to go out for lunch because I have since the 4th Grade. Not many if none of the elementary and middle schools let students out for lunch. In MS 51 the students and teachers are very friendly and helpful. It is a safe and homely enviroment. If you are looking for a great school which is gifted and talented as well than this is the school for you.

My name is Kawshik I am in 5th grade I've got into MS51 before I even went I have some things it is a very hard school to get into well in my opnion kids should attend MS51 instead of Mark Twain.I say MS51 is the best school in it's area.

This school is amazing! I am more than halfway done with my 6th grade year and it has been FABULOUS. The teaching staff pushes you but makes you have fun too. I HIGHLY recommend it to 5th graders looking at schools.

I am a 6th grader at MS 51. This school is soooo amazing. the audiotorium is small but very decorated. the talent program is awsum. i am in vocal and my teacher is very supportive. i love ela. our ela teacher is the best. she is always there for me and she is super nice.

Last modified Ms 51 William Alexander is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.