Posted April 01, 2014
I am currently an 8th grader at this school and its absolutely amazing! MS51 has a good talent program and pushes student to work hard and never give up. If you have a question teachers are always willing to answer and you can come in for zero period or come after school. Everyone is nice to each other and students are in a very safe environment. So if your in 5th grade coming to 6th you should really check this school out!

Posted March 01, 2014
I am a sixth grader at 51, and so far I have been having an amazing time. MOST of the teachers are really friendly and supportive, and the teachers have pushed me to be on the first honor roll. If you are looking for a school that is gifted and talented, and is supportive, then I recommend this school to you.

Posted September 27, 2013
My son is a student at MS51 and he has really thrived academically and also in his talent Chorus. It has been wonderful to see the Choral performances twice a year. One negative is that the school is very large and crowded. The teachers and kids seem to manage well but on Open School Night if your kid is doing well "above 85 on report card" you are discouraged from attending and taking up valuable teacher time. Teachers do respond to emails. The teachers are also available most mornings at 0 period to answer students questions and give help.

Posted June 16, 2013
I am a graduate from PS 321 who is now finishing 6th grade honor roll in MS 51. I love that we get to go out for lunch because I have since the 4th Grade. Not many if none of the elementary and middle schools let students out for lunch. In MS 51 the students and teachers are very friendly and helpful. It is a safe and homely enviroment. If you are looking for a great school which is gifted and talented as well than this is the school for you.

Posted May 26, 2013
My name is Kawshik I am in 5th grade I've got into MS51 before I even went I have some things it is a very hard school to get into well in my opnion kids should attend MS51 instead of Mark Twain.I say MS51 is the best school in it's area.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school is amazing! I am more than halfway done with my 6th grade year and it has been FABULOUS. The teaching staff pushes you but makes you have fun too. I HIGHLY recommend it to 5th graders looking at schools.

Posted January 24, 2013
I am a 6th grader at MS 51. This school is soooo amazing. the audiotorium is small but very decorated. the talent program is awsum. i am in vocal and my teacher is very supportive. i love ela. our ela teacher is the best. she is always there for me and she is super nice.

Posted January 10, 2013
one of the best school in the city ilike it because the teachers are really friendly

Ms 51 William Alexander 3

Posted March 04, 2012
I have just graduated from this school and I can say that my experience here was pleasing, at most. I am not from Park Slope and a majority of the kids who attend are. Many people were quick to judge and I did not feel welcome. Although despite all the social troubles I had I can definitely say there is a great photography program with the relatively new teacher Ms. Sunners. As well as the photography program the math department has a great teacher, Mr. Arroyo. I`ve had him for seventh and Eighth grade and he teaches wonderfully. His work was always challenging and proved to teach me many new things that are useful for highschool! I hope the very best for anyone who goes here and that their experience will be more enjoyable than mine was.

Posted January 11, 2012
Going to this school is probably one of the best decisions that I've made in my life. A teacher of mine back in elementary school recommended this school to me and I couldn't regret putting this school on my application. The teachers and the staffs are all very helpful. The guidance counselor there is very helpful and is glad to help out students. Also the principal and the assistant principals there are all very nice and look after their students. Getting there is fairly easy. There is a B63 stop right on 5th Avenue 5th Street, next to the school, and another at 5th Avenue 4th Street. Also, there is a R subway station at 4th Avenue 9th Street. Another great thing about this school is that the lunch period takes place outside(there is still a cafeteria provided) and there is a park next to the school and a field where students will be able to eat their lunch.

Ms 51 William Alexander
350 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Ms 51 William Alexander is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ms 51 William Alexander Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top