Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 2

Posted August 28, 2013
I wished the teachers that worked there (at least for my sons class) acted like they cared. If a particular teacher is/was having difficulty reaching a child because of any chosen reason I feel as though it is the responsibility of that teacher to make the necessary changes, instead of continuing to try and "educate" the child you clearly are not reaching. My son was stuck with his teacher the whole school year and you could clearly tell she disliked him, summer school comes and we are like great maybe he can get a break.........nope. same teacher for summer school. How did we get so lucky?

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 2

Posted February 15, 2013
I think it needs a fresh start and teachers who care. I have a child who only stayed in the school for a few mos before moving. She was below reading level and I knew that from the start. I tried everything out there and nothing kept her interested. We moved to another state and she is excelling in more place than one. PS67 tried to labeled her with an IEP and behavior issues(something that was not mentioned in the meeting). When I got to new school, the overview was, she was just below reading level(PS67 said reading and math), she was emotionally reacting to her change due to bullying(something I complained about) and lack of confidence. New school stated they would have rather PS67 say they didn't have the proper resources for her, instead of an IEP(which she didn't qualify for due to high performance). Thankful, within a month of moving, she is progressing to be on reading grade level by June and above by Sept. It has something to do with the school listening, monitoring, following through. Be your child advocate. Overall, they/CITY need to make smaller classrooms and listen to parents concerns. Its in a decent neighborhood, they should have same resources as district 15.

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 3

Posted October 30, 2009

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 4

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted February 22, 2008

Posted July 30, 2007

Posted July 23, 2007
P S 67 is on the move the school will be known as the Charles a Dorsey school of the arts and the parents at this school are excited. the students here at ps 67 are very talented children and their abilities should be shown for the world to know that the staff at ps 67 was able to capture that talent and build on it. academics are moving I am proud to have my child attend ps 67. so the staff at ps 67 take stand you put your best foot forward and our children are doing well. thank you ms. Seabrook and ms. Berkel for providing a safe haven for the children of ps 67. I also see parents are getting more involved.

Posted February 01, 2007
This is a great school. People just don't understand what's going on here at PS 67. They have an excellent music program. Your child get every staff members undivided attention. And the counselors that work for Partnership with Children are great. The school is on it's way. Great job Ms. Seabrook and Ms. Berkel keep our children learning.

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 4

Posted July 05, 2005

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey 1

Posted February 19, 2005
This school is a huge disappointment.The moral is low. Thier is little parent participation. We have no music program to speak of. Most of the students are well below grade average However, somehow they manage to continue to be promoted to the next grade.This problem has existed in the school for a long time. At this point I feel that the only solution or salvation for this school or it's student is intervention. When a child reaches the fourth grade but is reading at a second grade level, this is a problem a big problem! If you can't help a student don't hurt him with a grave injustice such as this. This is almost criminal and, someone should be held accoutable. Starting with the parent then work your way up or down depending on how you look at it. If the right people are reading this please HELP! ASAP or SER Parent Of A Title I

Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey
51 St Edwards St, Brooklyn, NY  11205
Last modified Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 67 Charles A Dorsey Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top