Bad
Good

this school is so horrible i graduated from the school this year and i am yet to be satisfied u would think the students are respectful but, all they care about is sex, gangs, drugs and fighting. This school is unsatisfying for both u and your child. From my experience in that school all i could say now is that Isaac Bildersee is a terrible school

it ok the kid need to act right but every try there best to make school better place

This school is horrible.I graduated this year from Bildersee.You'd think the students would care for their education but, they mostly care for sex,gangs and drugs.This is not a school you would want your kids to go to.From my experience i could say multiple negative things about this school but.1000 characters isn't enough.

this school is really great the teacher there are so great to my child he has a ahdd so he really cant learn things well so now he is in the honor program he is going to bishop forde with good grades then other student he went from speacial aid to gifted clas because of i.s 68

My son goes to this school,he is graduating with honors this year, if your kid comes to school everyday with the intentions of learning he is going to get a good education in this school.Yes the school is not in a great neighborhood ,but your kids will get a good education if that what he comes to school for.Stay on top of them ,attend Parents-teachers conferences.

I.S.68 is defined in one word. TERRIBLE!!!!!! On the second day of school, a staff member yelled at me for not knowing where to go! ON THE SECOND DAY!!!!! This school is foul and disgusting! Don't believe me? Check out the cieling of the lunch room! Also, see if you like roaches in the gymnasium. Please, don't send your child to this school. It's for their own sake and your sanity! One more thing, is it okay for a teacher to eat in front of students while conducting a lesson constantly? I think it was in my first year at this school!

I graduated this year from BIldersee. I was very impressed with the school. There is a strong principal leadership. I met the principal when ever I needed to. The teachers I had were very helpful. There was some violence but never with me directly. I was happy to attend this school as I had people who cared and really worked with me. Thank you Staff of Bildersee.

This school is the absolute worst I have ever seenin termsof student behavior. I am a parent of a 6th grader who nerves have been shot since the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year. Fighting, extreme violence and recklessness is rampid on a daily basis. Please understand that the staff are quick to communicate with parents - practically on demand. The parent coordinator has a pleasing disposition. The principal is ripe, very little leadership skills. The guidance counselors are on point. The school safety officers and the NYPD could be doing a much better job. At any given day,upon dismissal there will be a fight, not a scuffle a fight that seems to take too long to get under control. This school needs to be overhauled. The enviornment makes it difficult for well behaved children to learn. I am transferring my child under NCLB for the 7th grade.

I think the barometer by which we measure a great school may be different. I am a parent of an 8th grader who attends IS 68. He has been bullied and forced to defend himself and has been approached and peer-pressured into joining a gang. He has no behavioral issues and is generally beloved by his teachers. He has struggled academically to keep up with his peers. What I think is great about the school ... I am impressed with the level of dedication of the staff. From the principal down to the teachers, I have felt each staff person was concerned about the overall well being of my child. What I dont like about the school . . .Not all staff interact professionally. The school does not have enough gang intervention, therefore students dont feel safe and dont learn well. I dont know if this can be blamed on the school.

bildersee is a good school now. there are less violence, and the principal is really strict about the dress code. i have to admit that it is pretty boring now though

Last modified Is 68 Isaac Bildersee is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.