Brooklyn, NY

Ps 84 Jose De Diego 4

Posted October 15, 2013
This is my perception base on my recent experience with ps 84 from a parental and professional perspective.They promote and greatly encourage parent involvement regardless of cultural background. They have a well kept school environment, very clean and organize. They strive to provide the best amenities with the help of community connection and fund rising. They definitely stay true their arts title with only the best music and art instructors. they catering to the whole child concept leaving out the fundamentals of learning, which reflects the D rating for student performance. They do not believe in test preparation and believe in not "pressuring" the child resulting in a lay back and short cut approach to not only NYC standards but to the traditional methods of teaching. Children should learning foundation of becoming an active student and become a costume to how demanding upper grades will be by exposing mid pressure on their own productivity as a student. Not challenging and only catering to individual threshold will only set them up for failure through their academic journey.

Posted September 26, 2013
my son just started pre-k at 84 and he absolutely loves it. he can't wait to see all his new friends and his teachers Ms P and Ms Lori, they care about children and very sweet. We can't be happier with our decision choosing this Pre-K out of bunch.

Posted August 06, 2013
Great school. There are a lot of opportunities offered to children, staff and the neighborhood. Love the collaboration with other agencies and neighborhood people. The community activities and fund raisers have been great.

Posted August 05, 2013
My child is in the dual language program, and is loving school. We've been very happy with the teachers and the administration. PS 84 is a terrific school.

Posted May 24, 2013
PS 84 makes decisions based on what is best for a child and not what is convenient for a parent or another school. It is disheartening to see how quick one is to judge.

Posted August 15, 2012
I am so happy to be teaching at PS 84 and I look forward to working with such great team... a great Principal and assistant Principal, great staff and of course great teachers who make the school a success! I attended PS 84 when it first opened decades ago, and I am very happy to give back to my school and community. I even moved back to Williamsburg and I am so excited to teach at a school that has so much to offer their students... PS 84 prepared me so well and I am very proud my brothers also attended, friends, and they all had much success.... it set the foundation for our future....now I can help my students to become leaders....

Posted May 08, 2012
PS84 is a wonderful and thriving school. The community is open and welcome to all. I have two children in the school and they are both thrilled with their teachers. They cry when they are sick and can't go to school. The dual language program has proven to be spectacular. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful and open principal and staff. Thank you 84!!!!

Posted May 07, 2012
My child has been at PS84 for 3 years, and has had a wonderful academic and social experience. Her reading and math levels are several grades ahead, and she is becoming bi-ingual in Spanish thanks to the dual language immersion program. I urge anyone who wants to become more involved to attend the PTA meetings. I have found the parents to be welcoming and warm. Also, I have seen the Principal work closely with all the kids and parents, and anyone who has had any issues or problems really should go meet with her.

Ps 84 Jose De Diego 1

Posted May 06, 2012
My child has had bad experience since being this school. There is a community of a chosen few. The are not alot of academics going on especially in the lower grades. I am discourage with the school over all performance. Think twice before putting you child here. Do be fooled

Ps 84 Jose De Diego 4

Posted March 06, 2012
PS 84 is a great school. The teachers strive to create a caring school community that connects the student's home and academic worlds. One of the highlights of PS 84 is their commitment to student learning in all aspects, including the arts. Through the use of arts, technology and music the teachers create the best learning environment to push their students to higher standards. Through continuous professional development, the teachers view themselves as learners too.

Ps 84 Jose De Diego
250 Berry Street, Brooklyn, NY  11249
Last modified Ps 84 Jose De Diego is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 84 Jose De Diego Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top