Posted October 24, 2013
P.s90 is a great school this is my daughter first year and we both love it .

Ps 90 Edna Cohen School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
I thought the principal, Edna Cohen, who the school was named for, was the best principal ever! I will truly miss her!

Posted April 08, 2009
Wonderful school with an ethnically diverse student body (that almost identically mimics the overall racial rates in NYC). We have transferred our child here from another school in the neighborhood where a lot of the parents that live in the P.S. 90's zone try to send their kids to (primarily because it is a lot more mono ethnic). I wish we would've done it earlier as the staff here does everything possible to provide the children with the best education possible. The principal, Ms. Chen does a truly amazing job, doing everything possible to make sure that every child get the attention and the help/encouragement that he/she needs. Kids get to go play outside during the recess. There is an after school program where kids stay until 5 PM. This school is a best hidden secret of the neighborhood!

Posted December 05, 2008
I put my daughter into pre-k this year. Since September< I have seen nothing but positive things. The amount of care given by the teachers and principal are outstanding. Everyone is involved and informed. My daughter loves going to school everyday. Erica Kuskin.

Posted July 07, 2008
As a parent of 2,I feel this school goes above and beyond in many ways for their students. I appreciate all they have done for my child who first year of school was most memorable. I remember my successful days at 90 and am glad my child goes there because they deliver education,discipline,succes,fun,a love for school and passion for teaching.Thank you.

Ps 90 Edna Cohen School 3

Posted January 03, 2008

Ps 90 Edna Cohen School 4

Posted September 14, 2007
I loved my sons 4th grade teacher last year. He was new but very caring. He kept such close contact with me and always let me know how my son was doing both academically and behavior which was not always the best. The behavior in the school has a lot of improvment needed all over the school. No serious consiquences are even allowed any longer. The school principal apears to be a very caring person as well but perhaps she should be more scary to the children. My son is not afraid to go to the principal office because he says it is a way to not have to do work. She is very experience but the system wont let her punish the kids enough so that become a problem. The kids do a lot in class with the interactive board and computer which is good.

Posted September 06, 2007

Ps 90 Edna Cohen School 4

Posted June 28, 2007
My son has attended PS 90 since Kindergarten, and I must say thas this school have improved tremendously since the principal took over. This year in particular, I have been able to see gret improvements in the areas of Diversity, Parents and school staff relationship, after school academic programs, multicultural teaching personnel and professionalism. In addition, the Principal tries very hard to create a healthy learning atmosphere in which teachers, parents and students interact and get to know each other with respect, sensitivity and understanding. This school strives every year for excellence. I only wish that a strategy could be devise to get more parents involve in the proccess. Lack of parents participation is one of NY public schools' greatest dilema. Nevertheless, I am confident that this school, with the great leadership that it has, will continue providing our children with quality pedagogy while improving in the areas that need it.

Posted June 21, 2007
I feel that P.S. 90 is the best elementary school in Brooklyn. I enjoyed attending 90 from 2nd grade in 1973. My daughter who is a Physcian's Assistant at C.I. Hospital as well as her two children thrived at 90 and I am sadden that both my grandchildren have completed. I really wish that they could go through their entire education at 90. The principal is the best. All the children love the principal. I've seen her come into a crowded room of noisy children, put up two fingers and the room go silent. She has programs there that make the kids want to do better and obtain the awards. She put incentives that the kids want -- for example she gives kids with 100% attendance an Ice Cream Party at the end of the month. !!!!!!!!----P.S. 90 is a FIVE STAR '10'----!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps 90 Edna Cohen School
2840 W 12th St, Brooklyn, NY  11224
Last modified Ps 90 Edna Cohen School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 90 Edna Cohen School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top