Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow 1

Posted September 06, 2014
The Principal at PS 94, J. Caban, sadly lacks the understanding of how to be an effective leader. J Caban encourages a climate of chaos, hostility, and distrust. Instead of fostering a trusting,caring, inclusive climate, She is manipulative and negative force for the students, teachers, and the community she is supposed to serve. She can temporarily pull the wool over reviewers eyes by putting on a good show, but the reality is in the facts. The Principal runs the place like an insecure dictator who lashes out at anyone who does not agree with her. She does not understand that leadership is build by creating a positive, safe climate of open communication and mutual respect. YES, Nepotism rules at 94, while merit is often ignored.

Posted September 26, 2013
PS 94 is a great school. I'm very happy and satisfy how much my kids have learned there.

Posted September 26, 2013
I like PS 94 but I think the principal should start considering the possibility of having the students wear uniforms for next year. I would love to see my kids in uniforms.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter will be in the 4th grade in Sept in this school and my son in the 1st grade. I think P.S 94 is a great school. I like their Duo Program. My daughter has learned to speak, read and write in Spanish good, I hope my son will do the same.

Posted July 29, 2013
My son went into this school from a special ed. school and I think the IEP here is better the special ed. program is wonderful and they pay very good attention to all the students .My son has learn more in the 1 year in this school than he did in the 3 years he was in the other. They have caught his attention ad keep it I would tell any parent to send their child here!!!!

Posted June 07, 2013
Hello :) I stumbled upon this website, and could not help to share my experience, and opinion regarding P.S.94. I am a graduate of The Henry Longfellow School. Of course, it was in the 1970's, but....I had the best education in the world there. If I had all the money in the world, I would not have attended anywhere else! The foundation that I had at P.S94 was solid as a rock! It gave me the know how... to become anything I wanted in life. In addition, the teachers were wonderful, and gave us enthusiasm and motivation to learn!. I was in what was called...The IGC Classes. I graduated in 1977, and would have made it to the top if I hadn't gotten sick over the years. I'm so sorry to hear all the negative talk about P.S.94, cause with the leadership that was there for many years, it would have given any students the opportunity to make it to the stars!!! Thank you in particular Mrs Palamero, and Mr Hitter. I think about you guys all the time :) :) :) Ursula

Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow 1

Posted October 27, 2011
I have three children there and do not know who is the principal. I see one of the crossing guards yells at the Chinese only like if they were not humans. All my children complain that their teachers scream too much. Many parents say they don't feel welcome because some staff turn their heads or make believe they don't see you instead of saying hi.

Posted June 16, 2011
my name is cynthia a.i h.she made suread a teacher named mrs guberman inthe 4th grade.i am 41 now,so thatmust have been around 1978 or 1979.she was a fantastic teacher.i was an extremly shy chishe made sure i understood each and everything she taught and every lesson she gave.i have excellent reading,writing,comprehension skills that i thank her for,i use those skills to teach my niece and nephew and others.she was a great teach and i wish i could tell her that or she could see this message.thaank you.

Posted November 24, 2010
I like the school because my daughter has learned to speak more Spanish with the duo Program. I am very happy with the quality of education that my daughter is receiving at the school.

Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow 2

Posted October 11, 2009

Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow
5010 6th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11220
Last modified Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top