Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 14, 2016
Thanks to the kindergarten and first grade teachers that had taught my child in the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted April 14, 2016
Some teachers in the school do not checked the homework and some even grade the homework wrong.

Posted April 14, 2016
The some teachers in ps 94 tell lies and they treated or they take care of the situation unfairly.

Posted May 06, 2015
PS 94 has a wonderful population of mostly students who come from immigrant families ( mostly latino and chinese). It is very unfortunate that the students do not get the education they deserve, because of poor leadership. The Principal Mrs. Caban, is clueless about creating a positive and productive school climate. She seems to thrive on being a bully, and often has fits of irrational anger. The turn over rate of teachers is very high and parents are often treated with disregard. The irrational, and erratic decision making style of the principal leads to constant changes of curriculum, and policies that are counter productive. It is hard to believe that the school has not completely crumbled yet, due to such destructive leadership. One can only hope that change will come soon to the community of PS 94.

Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow 4

Posted September 26, 2013
PS 94 is a great school. I'm very happy and satisfy how much my kids have learned there.

Posted September 26, 2013
I like PS 94 but I think the principal should start considering the possibility of having the students wear uniforms for next year. I would love to see my kids in uniforms.

Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter will be in the 4th grade in Sept in this school and my son in the 1st grade. I think P.S 94 is a great school. I like their Duo Program. My daughter has learned to speak, read and write in Spanish good, I hope my son will do the same.

Posted July 29, 2013
My son went into this school from a special ed. school and I think the IEP here is better the special ed. program is wonderful and they pay very good attention to all the students .My son has learn more in the 1 year in this school than he did in the 3 years he was in the other. They have caught his attention ad keep it I would tell any parent to send their child here!!!!

Posted June 07, 2013
Hello :) I stumbled upon this website, and could not help to share my experience, and opinion regarding P.S.94. I am a graduate of The Henry Longfellow School. Of course, it was in the 1970's, but....I had the best education in the world there. If I had all the money in the world, I would not have attended anywhere else! The foundation that I had at P.S94 was solid as a rock! It gave me the know how... to become anything I wanted in life. In addition, the teachers were wonderful, and gave us enthusiasm and motivation to learn!. I was in what was called...The IGC Classes. I graduated in 1977, and would have made it to the top if I hadn't gotten sick over the years. I'm so sorry to hear all the negative talk about P.S.94, cause with the leadership that was there for many years, it would have given any students the opportunity to make it to the stars!!! Thank you in particular Mrs Palamero, and Mr Hitter. I think about you guys all the time :) :) :) Ursula

Posted October 27, 2011
I have three children there and do not know who is the principal. I see one of the crossing guards yells at the Chinese only like if they were not humans. All my children complain that their teachers scream too much. Many parents say they don't feel welcome because some staff turn their heads or make believe they don't see you instead of saying hi.

5010 6th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11220
Last modified Ps 94 The Henry Longfellow is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.