Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 11, 2015
I want to say "thanks" to all of people who are in this school, especially to teachers. Because they theached me how to build my future...

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 11, 2015
I love teachers, i respect them, even if they teach me just one letter. Its teachers was great and they had good job....

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 11, 2015
The homeworks was good and normal, and not so hard and not so easy. Thanks to teachers

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 11, 2015
Yes, this school develops persistence, grit, and determination in its students. I saw it with my eyes!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 11, 2015
When i was there, this school was very very respectful to me. And i hope that it is respectful with other students, too

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 11, 2015
Yes, of course. This school is best for caring about students.... they learn well, get their food....and respect others

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 11, 2015
Its students are good. They are very friendly children. Thanks to teachers and their parents ....

I.S. 96 Seth Low 5

Posted October 11, 2015
I love it. This is great school. I learn there just for one year, but i like it very much. Especially its principal Ms. Lynch!!!! I love you my school and my teachers!

I.S. 96 Seth Low 2

Posted June 26, 2014
There are many great teachers at Seth Low however there are many useless ones too! Thankfully, some are on their way to retirement and the new Principal is hiring better ones. The former principal Ms Levinsky single hand idly destroyed Seth Low. It may have a A rating but the behavior problems that exist within the walls are overbearing. Staff is responsive to a certain point, then parents are totally ignored. Most students come from outside our district and bring in trouble. Parental involvement is nonexistent . Enrollment continues to drop but can you blame parents? Having your child due time at a JD center can sometimes compare to Seth Low. Unfortunately this is our public school system! There are VERY few middle schools that actually weed out the bad seeds. With this Success Academy coming in September, it is only a matter on time before Seth Low is phased out. Unless they make some drastic changes to control behavior!

I.S. 96 Seth Low 1

Posted March 27, 2014
As other parents and students already said, bullying is rampant. Recent immigrants get a lot of abuse, and the teachers & administration often turn a blind eye.

99 Avenue P, Brooklyn, NY  11204
Last modified I.S. 96 Seth Low is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
I.S. 96 Seth Low Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top