Brooklyn, NY
Before care: Yes
After care: No

I.S. 96 Seth Low 2

Posted June 26, 2014
There are many great teachers at Seth Low however there are many useless ones too! Thankfully, some are on their way to retirement and the new Principal is hiring better ones. The former principal Ms Levinsky single hand idly destroyed Seth Low. It may have a A rating but the behavior problems that exist within the walls are overbearing. Staff is responsive to a certain point, then parents are totally ignored. Most students come from outside our district and bring in trouble. Parental involvement is nonexistent . Enrollment continues to drop but can you blame parents? Having your child due time at a JD center can sometimes compare to Seth Low. Unfortunately this is our public school system! There are VERY few middle schools that actually weed out the bad seeds. With this Success Academy coming in September, it is only a matter on time before Seth Low is phased out. Unless they make some drastic changes to control behavior!

I.S. 96 Seth Low 1

Posted March 27, 2014
As other parents and students already said, bullying is rampant. Recent immigrants get a lot of abuse, and the teachers & administration often turn a blind eye.

I.S. 96 Seth Low 4

Posted February 14, 2014
In response to the parent that wrote "this school is very bad.......students cant wear coats or drink water in class". YES, there are rules in school that must be followed. As a parent it troubles me very much when other "parents" blame schools, like Seth Low, for their child's lack of respect for school and teachers and lack of their ability to function appropriately. Seth Low is a good school in a great diverse community. The teachers go out of their way to support students as does the administration. Its the PARENTS that need to step up their game and get more involved in their childs school and education. Its easier to point fingers and lay blame to the school than to look at your child. Seth Low scores an A which was well deserved.

I.S. 96 Seth Low 1

Posted February 13, 2014
this school is very bad when my child first went to that school is was OK but then it turned out to be horrible! The teachers were not that good the rules there are stupid like don't where your coat in class or don't drink water in class. The kids are miserable and they teachers don't teach good at all!! If you want your kid to be happy don't send him/her there!

Posted January 10, 2014
People are right parents should be more involve but overall it isn't a bad school. Right now I am in the 7th grade and I love it actually instead of some of my classmates they get on my nerves a lot. There are barely any fights. I would suggest you not to start drama unless if you wanna start a riot or something. It's like an average school.

I.S. 96 Seth Low 3

Posted November 18, 2013
My child attends sixth grade and from what we have experienced so far, Seth Low is a good school. I am not sure why this school has such a bad rap . It just rec'd an "A" grade up from a "C" while other schools in NYC went down due to the nys exams last year...this school went up. That clearly tells me that both teachers and students are working hard. My son is challenged in school and has plenty to do. FRom what he tells me, he has not seen any bullying or fights and feels safe and my son is a very sensitive kid. Now with any school with almost 800 students, there are bound to be issues. Its up to the parents to be involved with their child's education. One thing I can say is that parental involvement is the lowest I have seen in any school, which is a shame. How can you not be invovled in your child's school? It very baffling.

Posted August 15, 2013
great school with best teachers and with best staff with all helpers this is what it makes to number 4

I.S. 96 Seth Low 4

Posted August 06, 2013
the school enviroment is good, I have no problem so do my 7 th greater teacher and staff are great, but parents should get involve more , involve just like you did when they were is elementary shools, parents,students and teachers makes the schools better for the future of ours childrens, parents with confident to the student will also have the confidents.thsi school can do better than a 4 out of 10 so good luck.

I.S. 96 Seth Low 2

Posted June 30, 2012
im a student at Seth low and its good and bad.The teachers yell at you for no reason and one of the deans likes to curse to the students

Posted May 19, 2012
I'm currently attending this school and I think that this school is WONDERFUL! The teachers challenge kids with hard questions, but explain each and every step carefully, so that all the students understand it. The teachers never give up on their students, and do what they can to help them! I dont know why people say its bad, but its actually GREAT! Students receive grades that they deserve on the report card, and this schools challenges students in many ways. These challenges increases knowledge and can help you achieve many things in high school AND college.

I.S. 96 Seth Low
99 Avenue P, Brooklyn, NY  11204
Last modified I.S. 96 Seth Low is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
I.S. 96 Seth Low Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top