Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love teachers, i respect them, even if they teach me just one letter. Its teachers was great and they had good job....

Amount of homework: Agree

The homeworks was good and normal, and not so hard and not so easy. Thanks to teachers

Develops character: Agree

Its students are good. They are very friendly children. Thanks to teachers and their parents ....

I love it. This is great school. I learn there just for one year, but i like it very much. Especially its principal Ms. Lynch!!!! I love you my school and my teachers!

There are many great teachers at Seth Low however there are many useless ones too! Thankfully, some are on their way to retirement and the new Principal is hiring better ones. The former principal Ms Levinsky single hand idly destroyed Seth Low. It may have a A rating but the behavior problems that exist within the walls are overbearing. Staff is responsive to a certain point, then parents are totally ignored. Most students come from outside our district and bring in trouble. Parental involvement is nonexistent . Enrollment continues to drop but can you blame parents? Having your child due time at a JD center can sometimes compare to Seth Low. Unfortunately this is our public school system! There are VERY few middle schools that actually weed out the bad seeds. With this Success Academy coming in September, it is only a matter on time before Seth Low is phased out. Unless they make some drastic changes to control behavior!

As other parents and students already said, bullying is rampant. Recent immigrants get a lot of abuse, and the teachers & administration often turn a blind eye.

In response to the parent that wrote "this school is very bad.......students cant wear coats or drink water in class". YES, there are rules in school that must be followed. As a parent it troubles me very much when other "parents" blame schools, like Seth Low, for their child's lack of respect for school and teachers and lack of their ability to function appropriately. Seth Low is a good school in a great diverse community. The teachers go out of their way to support students as does the administration. Its the PARENTS that need to step up their game and get more involved in their childs school and education. Its easier to point fingers and lay blame to the school than to look at your child. Seth Low scores an A which was well deserved.

this school is very bad when my child first went to that school is was OK but then it turned out to be horrible! The teachers were not that good the rules there are stupid like don't where your coat in class or don't drink water in class. The kids are miserable and they teachers don't teach good at all!! If you want your kid to be happy don't send him/her there!

People are right parents should be more involve but overall it isn't a bad school. Right now I am in the 7th grade and I love it actually instead of some of my classmates they get on my nerves a lot. There are barely any fights. I would suggest you not to start drama unless if you wanna start a riot or something. It's like an average school.

My child attends sixth grade and from what we have experienced so far, Seth Low is a good school. I am not sure why this school has such a bad rap . It just rec'd an "A" grade up from a "C" while other schools in NYC went down due to the nys exams last year...this school went up. That clearly tells me that both teachers and students are working hard. My son is challenged in school and has plenty to do. FRom what he tells me, he has not seen any bullying or fights and feels safe and my son is a very sensitive kid. Now with any school with almost 800 students, there are bound to be issues. Its up to the parents to be involved with their child's education. One thing I can say is that parental involvement is the lowest I have seen in any school, which is a shame. How can you not be invovled in your child's school? It very baffling.

Last modified I.S. 96 Seth Low is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.