Posted March 15, 2012
I attended this school and graduated in 1977 which seems to be a lifetime ago. Nonetheless, this school helped make me the person I am today. What you put into it is what you get out. My parents were not involved with my education, but I was determained to succeed. In my later years (I am 45 now, in 2012), I attended Stern School of Business and earned my MBA. Additionally I became Chief Operating Officer and President of one of the largest insurance companies in the world. I often look back to my roots, and I always sat, I wouldn't change a thing. PS 97 has a special place in my heart, and for those parents and students think this school cannot help you make a difference, I am here to tell you that you are wrong. Work hard, study harded, and never let anyone tell you you can't, because you can! I am a perfect example of it.

Posted September 02, 2009
I am a parent, I would like to express my feelings. Since my children have gone to PS97 we have been through three principals.We have never had a problem not then and not now. My children have always been safe, happy and have received a great education. We are very happy with the new principal, she is doing a great job and has the best intrest of the children in mind.

Posted September 02, 2009
As a parent of a child in this school. I am happy with the education and direction P.S. 97 is heading. The school has progressed better in the last years, its grades and ranking have all raised, and are well above city averages in most grades and, subjects. This is all due to the drive and determination of the schools staff, from the principle (who genuinely cares for each of her students), asst principle, administrative staff, teachers, and parents who put in alot of time and effort into seeing this school P.S.97 raise its standards. They dedicate themselves into teaching our children and provide them with the tools needed to strive ahead into each grade. There is still room for improvement but, if we all work together, and keep our childrens education, development and, well being first and foremost we can reach our goals. Thank you, Ronald J. Addeo

Posted August 11, 2009

Posted July 21, 2009
I am a parent, and I would like to express my feelings of the school. I feel the school is going down hill. The new principal cannot handle her position well. The children are the ones suffering. Things are done unfairly; teachers should be evaluated at least one a year. They ignore parent's comments about safety, and they ignore your child. Mr. Neworitz was the best principal; she'll never shine his shoes. Parents, be aware.

Posted June 09, 2009
I couldn't of asked for a better school than PS 97! Both of my children received and outstanding education here. My children always scored well on all of there tests and that is due to the quality of teachers and staff. The principal,assistant principal, and parent coordinator are always there for me with any questions or concerns I might have. They also have an active PTA who support PS 97 in any way they can. PS 97 is like a family and that is due to all of the teachers, staff, and parent involvement.

Posted June 08, 2009

Posted June 08, 2009
PS 97 is a great school. My kids have all went there.They have done very well on there tests, I've never seen my kids so eager to learn until they came to this school. I never had a problem. The teachers and staff are very helpful and caring. The Principal and Assistant Principal are always there when I have a problem or a question that needs to be answered. The Parent Coordinator is always there when I have an issue with my child. I always feel welcomed in this school. I honestly can say I am very impressed with PS 97.

Posted June 05, 2009
Everyone thinks this school is great, think again. If you are chinese you will do well and you will be liked. They sure didn't get their foundation for PS 97. They came into the school already educated, which the school loves because their job becomes easy. If your child is just average try chinese school or tutoring. They know more about education. They just want the parents to be a teacher, or they teach themselves.

Posted April 14, 2009
Teacher quality in this school is excellent

Ps 97 The Highlawn
1855 Stillwell Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Ps 97 The Highlawn is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 97 The Highlawn Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top