Ps 102 The Bayview 3

Posted December 08, 2014
Staff very mean and they have to work on communicating skills and teachers are very stricked or very loose

Posted September 18, 2014
My daughter is in the 3rd grade now and so far she has had 4 amazing teachers. We just met her 3rd grade teacher and feel confident that she is going to do a great job with our daughter this year. Due to the large number of children attending the school, the class sizes are ridiculously large (32 in her class this year). But somehow the teachers make it work. The school has a great parent coordinator and PTA members that really care.

Posted February 27, 2014
My both daughters went to P.S. 102 (older has graduated-went to PA, younger is in 4th grade-in Delta), so I'm connected to the school for the last 8+ years. I have a very positive experience with the school overall and particulary with the teachers my girls had. Also, there is a number afterschool activities, which are great!

Ps 102 The Bayview 3

Posted August 23, 2013
the regular teachers in this school are ok in keeping students in pace. What I need from the school is if they can provide the information in what they are going to teach in the school year and what the student should learn for the year. The heartshare teachers, actually they are not teachers, are not quite good in helping the students to study. We understand they are not professional, but they should do better and nicer to the students.

Posted June 06, 2013
Unfortunately, the new principal has such a negative effect on the school that they're even having a difficult time finding a custodial engineer! My daughter complains about the gnats flying around the room, the smell in the building, and the garbage that's not swept off the floors! The PTA is counting down the days 'til summer because even they can't stand to be around this new Principal. She's a very phony person...I do not envy the teachers that work for her.

Ps 102 The Bayview 4

Posted June 04, 2013
There's a lot of good feeling in this school. The new principal is wonderful. It is maybe a tad competitive, a bit overly structured, a bit too traditional but it is a huge school and it needs to be well run and it is. The staff is very caring. My daughter has been very happy.

Posted June 03, 2013
The teachers are great but the new principal has KILLED morale! Staff, parents, and students have all been miserable since she took over this year. So SAD!

Posted April 07, 2013
I have no idea why this school gets high marks. There is a very particular group of parents that PS102 works for, but very many for whom it doesn't. There is a growing group of parents of special education students who have a particularly hard time--though even the general ed and honors classes are lacking. There are a few truly golden teachers, but overall, this school feels like nothing has changed in education since the 1970s. The approach is anything but forward thinking, and the staff and administration do not reflect the diversity of the student population at all (and it shows in the "us vs. them" attitude. Sorry, but after 2+ years I'd rather leave the neighborhood than continue sending my kids here. The experience is killing everything that they (and I) loved about education.

Ps 102 The Bayview 2

Posted March 05, 2013
Good School, wish there was more interaction between the parents and teachers. Not a big fan of the PTA very Clicky. Some really excellent teachers that go out of their way to help a child get up to speed. Wish the school went up to 8th grade. K to 5th. My son likes the school and the fact there are a lot of teachers to help him with his motor skills. They need to crack down on children coming in from other parts of Brooklyn and pretending they live in Bay Ridge, they need to be more strict when it comes to registration, school is over crowded and kids can not get all the education they need. Children come home with lots of homework.

Posted October 02, 2012
I have been going to PS 102 for almost 6 years. I am in fifth grade all these years i've had really nice teachers but this year i'm in a small class and it really helps. Some day in October we are going to the Staten Island Zoo . this year there are no bullys in the class. I love fifth grade. Tanis Mackenzie Lepore

Ps 102 The Bayview
211 72nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Ps 102 The Bayview is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 102 The Bayview Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top