Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
School is great with teachers who listen. Principal is a great listener and knows where the short comings are, especially when it comes to the PTA. Lazy, lazy, lazy is all I can say about them. Very catty and only care about their egos and their bulliyness instead of actually trying to fundraiser for the school itself. Petty women with a lack of everything.

Posted June 22, 2014
Ok first off, this is coming from a PS/IS 104 graduate (class of 2009). From PreK - 5 grade, I attended Poly Prep, a highly acclaimed private school. Due to exterior issues, my family and I decided it would be best if I transferred to public school for the remainder of my middle school career. This school is what you make of it and the quality of your child's education depends on their motivation and desire to succeed. I studied for my exams, read the textbooks, and felt academically challenged and enriched. To be honest, I had a more positive experience here than I did in my private school. I was prepared to enter an academically challenging high school (Brooklyn Tech). However, my best fried from 104 ended up going to Fort Hamilton and dropping out/never graduating. We had the same teachers and same classes, so clearly it depends on the student, not the school. I graduated salutatorian of the 104 class, and hope to come visit soon. 5/5 for me.

Posted May 08, 2014
I have 2 children in this school ,one is in the 7th grade and one is in the 5th grade. Both my children are doing very well, both academically and socially. I cannot say enough about everyone in the school. From the principal, vice principles, faculty, and staff to the security guards, and janitors everyone is wonderful.The teachers always make themselves available to both students and parents if there are any issues that need to be addressed. When both my children developed medical conditions and needed special arrangements to be made for them there was no hesitation from anyone. Whatever needed to be done was done and like I said both kids are doing great. I could not ask for a better school for my children and would recommend and support it. always

Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter is in the G&T Kindergarten class this year and so far she loves the class, is very challenged but also very interested and learning a lot. The teacher is great and the assistant principal and office staff have been very responsive and helpful when necessary. My only criticism, thus far, is that the school does not involve the parents as much as they should nor encourage or create opportunities for the parents to meet each other. That has created a somewhat alienating experience and you have to really go out of your way to meet the parents of the kids.

Posted October 28, 2013
My son is in G&T Kindergarten class and he has gym daily..Is learning sign language and Spanish. They allow time for play and creativeness There are fun activities to participate in like the halloween pumpkin patch where he is allowed to still dress up for halloween..the book fair so far there has been two class trips planned the school keeps us very informed with everything going on in the school with phone messages and letters home Every day my son is excited to go to school he loves all the friends he has made so far I am extremely pleased with the education enrichment and drive of his teacher Ms Nadeau I honestly could not be happier with a program or with a teacher. She truly has made the Public Elementary School experience very pleasing.

Posted October 13, 2013
I am sure that any parent reading the comment where the parent said the staff had the nerve to ask for id to sign her child out, realizes the importance of safety for our children and the need for parents to respect that particularly in today's society. It seems that some parents simply expect schools to do what they feel is in the best interest of their child not all children. I attend PTA meetings and never see more than a handful of parents attending. I guess it is easier to write anonymous posts rather than get involved.

Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School 1

Posted June 22, 2013
Horrible experience. We were lucky enough to randomly get the best teacher ever in Kidergarten (by her own effort!!), but the school's crew is mediocre, groce and very unhelpfull. They seem to work on turning every little thing very difficult for everybody. They treat you like they are robots, following rules, and that they are not happy working there. That does not work when you are dealing with kids and so many unexpected things going on, they should be more humanized. They had the gut to even ask me for ID when my daughter was sick in the nursery, knowing me from everyday, and refuse to release me my sick child. A cold environment, lots of bullying, mediocre education, no outside area and 30 minutes of film daily for the kids while they should be learning. Lots of lower level learning kids mixed in the classes randomly without any care, turn the learning slower and less efficient than you should expect if you have a smart kid. And they dont care, they just keep going to get their paycheck.

Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School 4

Posted April 17, 2013
As a parent who took my son out of a private school and placed him in a NYC Public School, I could not have been more pleased. He entered into this school as a mainstream student in the 3rd grade and in 5th grade was placed into the Delta Program My son is graduating this year as an 8th grader and the experience of this school has been incredible for both he and I. The PS/IS 104 Staff, Faculty and Teachers are impeccable!. They are straight forward, play a very active role in the child's life and are informative. I have always been able to reach out to any and all members of the school regarding any issues, concerns or just simply to say hello. The school is very safe, very involved and many of the students are overall good children. The school is diverse and I believe offers a very good learning environment overall.

Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School 3

Posted January 28, 2013
Is this safe for kindergarten kids? My little boy is zoned to go to this school in September, and I'm worried about all of these posts about bullying. Please advise!

Posted June 12, 2011
Student review: I was in the Delta and Superintendent programs (for gifted & talented) so my review may differ from the ones below. Despite NYC schools being on a lower budget, I always felt extremely academically stimulated and enjoyed being challenged by my teachers. My classmates that are still in NY (unfortunately, I moved :() are the ones going to top feeder schools (Brooklyn Tech, Stuyvesant, etc.). Many of the kids in upper grade levels outside of superintendent did not seem to care much about academics, though, and fights did happen.

Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School
9115 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Is 104 The Fort Hamilton School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top