Posted August 21, 2014
This school is overcrowded and poorly instructed! my oldest is in a class with 34 other kids.(4th grade) I am very grateful for her teacher who would always make time to answer any of my concerns. But there were several trouble makers in her class and it would affect all the students in her class including my daughter. There is no space to walk around in the class.The desk are packed together so tight they have to walk over there chairs to move around. My youngest daughter had 32 kids in her class (2nd grade) I would often go to the school to drop off lunch or clothing. My daughters teacher would be at the school but yet her class was split up and the children were put into other classrooms. I asked but the staff would say she is doing something else today. basically gave me the run around. I asked the teacher and she would always have some excuse. She was never where she is supposed to be. Since Mr Guerin left the school went down hill. My children have been attending PS 115 since Pre K and it has never been this bad..Save yourself the headache and send your child to private school. Don't waste your time with this Poorly run School.

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 3

Posted June 08, 2012
I was supremely fortunate to have my daughter at this school as part of the district Gifted and Talented program. With a kindergarten class of only 12 students, and a phenomenal teacher, my daughter benefited greatly from a school that is strongly committed to its district Gifted and Talented students. From the little I have observed of the non G&T classes, I would have definitely passed on this school had my daughter not been part of G&T. If you are seeking a quality educational experience for your child, and he/she did NOT test into the G&T program, I would pass on this school and consider private and parochial options instead.

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 5

Posted September 08, 2011
Well, well what can I say PS115 is one of the best. It has its trouble like any great school does, but the teachers and Principal has done their best with what they have. Just to specially mention my favorite teacher SANDI YAROW my son had her for 2 consecutive years and those were two great years of his school life. He looks forward to going to school he has never been late ot absent for those two years Ms Yarow motivates, challenges and inspires my son a whole lot thanks to her. He is a hard worker with a great spirit and Ms Yarow acknowledges and affirm him and that just did it for him. Keep up the good work MS. YAROW and PS115.

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 3

Posted September 07, 2011
This school is a decent school. Could always be better but I think it really relies on who the teacher is. My son was in Kindergarten. His class was crowded and had a few children with severe behavior problems. However Mrs. Harris is THE BEST teacher I have come across. She handled the problems gracefully and my child has never been directly impacted by it. He learned a lot and she expected a lot from them. My son will be going back this school year 2011-2012 for 1st grade and hopefully we have an equally pleasant experience as last school year.

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 5

Posted June 19, 2011
ps115 is a great school i would highly recommend it. the students learn life long lesson from there teachers not just in learning but lesson that go beyond what there paid to do. even though recently they got a new principal he's doing quit well if i say so my self he's adjusting more than u think he would there enviroment is really good and theres like 6 daycares just 1-2 blocks down and your child can be walked with there fellow classmates down the block. ps115 as so many great activities glee club,dance club,theater club,millienun,and odyssey of the mind( a group of 7 soar into there creative there given a topic rules a certan amount of money they can't go above and aplay /skit where they make out of the box props and do a mind thinking round of spontanues. there they wil be judged togo to long island if they win 1st place therethey go to bimghton if they win there they go to anoter usa state last year all the teams made it to worlds and the year before that one team won )

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 4

Posted January 12, 2011
Before my children started going to PS 115, they went to PS 276 because that was our zoned school. As an active parent volunteer, based on my observation I found that the teachers constantly yelled at the children and showed them no respect. I had both my children tested for the City Gifted and Talented Program and once they passed moved them to PS 115. So far it has been a great school for both of my children. I can appreciate the teachers efforts to work with every child based on their abilities and personalities. The only complaint that I have is the size of the classes. In my daughters class the teacher ratio is 1:18 which is not bad because the teacher conducts the class very well and she handles behavior issues accordingly. As for my sons class, the ratio is 1:28, not a good situation when you have a crowded class and children with bahavioral issues. The solution is to hire more teachers or lower the max number of students in a class! Academically, the work they are doing is right on point, communication is great, and parental involvement is good. PS 115 is a very good school with the potential to be a greater school once the issue of class size is addressed.

Posted April 24, 2010

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted January 25, 2010
This school is overcrowded and poorly run! My child was in a class with 27 other students and one teacher. The class consisted of many behavioral problems. I tried addressing the concerns to the administration and nothing was done to change anything! This is a horribly run school. Run!

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School 4

Posted September 07, 2009

Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School
1500 East 92nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11236
Last modified Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 115 Daniel Mucatel School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top