Bad
Good

I have been teaching at this school for eight years and I have seen tremendous growth in both the quality of instruction and the commitment of the entire staff to make this a first-class institution. Programs added to the regular curriculum include Ballroom Dance, Gardening, Art Studio in a School, African Drumming and Dance, Shakespeare, Environmental Theater and many more. In addition, the involvement of a community of parents has made instruction more effective. Cheers to PS 123.

I am a Formal Ps 123 student when I attended this school it was great, But how disappointed I am of this school now. I have my 2 sons attending this school and it s so sad how my son comes home and tells me one of his teachers told the students "STOP ACTING LIKE STUPID PEOPLE" my son was in shock to hear that kind of language coming out of a teacher s mouth. All they do is yell at those children all day long and as for teaching smh horrible even during lunch they are yelled at and punished for running during their free time in the school yard. Next September I am moving just so my children won t attend this horrible school. I would never recommend this school to any parent.

At P.S.123, the children come first. Whether a child is hungry, needs a uniform or a warm coat to wear, or has difficulty with academics, his/her needs are paramount! Our scores have increased because the teachers give 100% every day for our kids!

This is my first year teaching at this school and I am proud and happy to come to work everyday! It is a pleasure to see students who actually really want to learn! This has been a great year for me thus far.

I for one have nothing good to say about this school my son is there now and I am sorry to say that the lack of teachers that actually want to do their job is appalling. They are quick to judge an over energetic child as a problem child and shuffle him off into a special ed class because of it even though he does not have any disabilities or special needs that would qualify him for it. I will be too happy when I finally have my son in a school where teaching the kids are a priority and not making their lives easier by shirking their responsibilities.

Last modified Ps 123 Suydam is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.