Brooklyn, NY

Posted November 23, 2014
This school is a disgrace to NYC schools it went from a top school to one if the lowest schools! Look at the scores! They speak for themselves! My daughter was bullied and literally came home covered in spit and had 10$ stolen from her, on a class trip; it happened on the bus! The teacher saw it happen and allowed it! Than she told my child that she would prefer for me to buy her a gift card to the American Girl Store!!!! The principal leaves early everyday to pick up her kids from school and the PTA takes advantages of all donations! The teachers are burnt out and no longer want to teach it shows in their teaching! But forced to stay their because they are only a couple years away from retiring! The office staff is rude, unprofessional, and show favoritism! Overall, I took my kid out over a year ago and she so happy and healed that PS 127 is a bad distant dream! If I can save any child from the heartache and abuse my child endure:( please do not let your child go to this school!

Posted May 28, 2014
Who writes these reviews???? I have one word for you - RUN! How is this school not overcrowded? Up until 3 years ago the school had under 400 students, now they are close to 600!! Classes have 35+ kids in them, the teachers don't care about anything but themselves. As for the principal, who knows anything about her because she NEVER speaks to any parent, she has the parent coordinator protecting her and the bullying, don't get me started. Coming from a real parent with a REAL review... RUN!
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 11, 2013
The staff is very involved with the students and makes every effort to ensure every student do well. My child just started kindergarten and I especially like the fact, compare to many schools, her class is not overcrowded which is essential in meeting needs of all students . Even though the school does not have gifted and talented program, the fact that, the school makes every attempt to improve their curriculum and ensure "no child is left behind", makes this school unique and outstanding.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park 4

Posted August 30, 2013
The PS 127 administration is caring and motivated as are many of the teachers. My children enjoy school and are eager to succeed. The small size in comparison to other neighborhood schools provides a nurturing, dynamic environment.

Posted January 30, 2013
I have two children in this school - both were G & T ranked (one got into NEST) but chose to keep them in the neighborhood and walking to their elementary school experience. Do not regret that decision for a minute. They have excelled at this institution. Quite simply, PS 127 is the little red schoolhouse of the 21st century. This is an outstanding neighborhood school. The staff is responsive, the PTA is very strong. The academic program is top-notch. Although space is limited, the staff have utilized every aspect of the building to incorporate art, music, physical education and a host of liberal arts programs for each grade. The administration is dynamic and sensitive to the needs of both students and parents. The school community is highly active, diverse, and focused on both enrichment and curriculum training.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park 4

Posted November 30, 2012
We feel lucky to have been zoned for PS 127 for a variety of reasons: First, we love its smaller size that allows for easier community formation and connection among the school staff and parents. Every staff member and even teacher seems to know every child and parent by name. The rich ethnic and economic diversity mean that my child already has a broader view of the world. While I do feel that the school (and its parents) feels pressure to perform well on standardized tests, as all schools do, I've always come across teachers and administrators who are willing to listen and respond to parent concerns and to shift strategies in response. My child's first year of elementary school coincided with a new principal. From increased parental involvement (class parents, Learning Leaders, new committees, PTA volunteers, etc.) to better communication between staff and parents in various forms (a printed newsletter, monthly coffee 'n' Q&A sessions, class parents, better website, monthly "family fridays" where parents can observe and engage in the classroom), we have seen nothing but improvement and positive change from the school and expect that it will only keep getting better.

Posted November 28, 2012
I have two children at PS 127 who are thriving there. The curriculum is standard and sound, the teachers are concerned and well-trained, the principal is receptive to parent-input and open to new ideas and the parent coordinator is amazing. Teachers and staff are interested in what parents have to say. Both of my children tested into G&T programs, but we thought PS 127 was a good neighborhood option, because it was small, close to our home and there was no G&T program to suggest that some students were better/more important than others. It is rich culture and language, and the PTA is active, involved and engaged with the community. My son and daughter LOVE to go to school because they like their teachers, enjoy what they are learning and they want to be with all their friends and classmates. Over the years we have seen more and more parent-involvement--which is turning a good school into a great one. I don't expect any school to be perfect, and of course, PS 127 is not. But it gets high marks for hitting all the notes in terms of providing what kids need to be successful their educational long haul.

Posted November 27, 2012
I was nice enough to give it one star. Every time I read bad reviews I assume this person is just picky or they are being too harsh. Well I guess that's not always true. I'm very disappointed in this school. Although my son receives pretty harsh work that's fine we're up for a challenge! Of coarse as long as you prepare them. I never knew my son was even studying science or social studies. Never got homework never saw science folder etc. yet one day there's a test a HARD test. Where's the practice they had to PREPARE them for these test?! Now my son has bullies in class and yesturday he got punched!!! Yes a child punched my son in his stomach!!! And what did his teacher say when I asked her who was the child that hit him?! She said "he doesn't speak English! What difference does it make?!" Ok so I'll just sit at home delighted that my son is getting abused and I can't say anything about it because this child or his parents can't communicate!! I can't wait until my son leaves this unprofessional disaster because you THIS is FAR from what I consider a school to be.

Posted July 03, 2010
I have mt two sons in this school; and I mest say the teacher involovment and school enviroment is excellent..

Ps 127 Mckinley Park 0

Posted March 22, 2010
i think this school is okay but they have no activitys. but to say the truth my song enjoys being at this school the teachers are nice and kind and they principal and staff are amazing.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park
7805 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Ps 127 Mckinley Park is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 127 Mckinley Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top