Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted June 20, 2016
This is my daughter's third year in this school and we couldn't be happier. We've had wonderful teachers all three years, I cannot thank them enough for all they do. The principal, Ms. Alicandro, the school staff and the PTA do an excellent job making sure that in addition to the academics the kids are offered various enrichment programs (e.g. jazz musicians visiting from Lincoln Center, Dance Festival, Chorus - thank you Mr. Marinoff!, painting the "We are Brooklyn" mural in the schoolyard etc.). There was one case when my daughter complained about being bullied but it was immediately addressed by the school without me having to raise this with her teacher. This is one of those things that I believe happens everywhere and I was very happy with how it was handled. I love that it is a relatively small school and the school staff knows almost everyone by name, gives you the feel of a small town school in the big city. We will be very sad to leave when she graduates.

Posted April 05, 2016
pulled my daughter out of private school, couldn't be happier. fantastic staff, school is beautiful kept, wonderful activities and academically they got her up to speed as the private school was very behind with reading for the younger children.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park
Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 05, 2016
Thank to all of the staff thank you, you do a wonderful job! Can't say enough!

Posted September 05, 2015
I agree with the negative reviews written here about Ps 127. There are some wonderful teachers here however, overall its been a disappointment. If you are an average child you are over looked and even ignored. The school has become very over crowded and there is a lot of bullying. My child was bullied. When he complained he was told that the child has anger issues and just to ignore him. Who tells a child that? This child would lunge and start screaming at my child for no reason. I witnessed this myself and it was even scary for me as an adult. When I complained I was told that this child did indeed have issues and it would be taken cared of, but it never was. In fact he was rewarded for it by given multiple awards at the end of the year. It is obvious that the administration and teachers are too afraid to make a stand. Was this fair to my child? Where is the social justice for my child?

Ps 127 Mckinley Park 2

Posted July 24, 2015
If you are just an average, middle class white kid you are invisible...no wonder why so many parents who can afford it leave our public school systems in this area.

Posted April 21, 2015
After school activities include Chess Club and Word Wizards Club. Both have been a huge success. This year the Student Council has also been more active and recognized by its peers. Assemblies have included an Olympic Gold Medal Runner inspiring our children to NEVER give up your dreams and how important school is as well as introducing the Road Runners program to this school. They have a full time Guidance Counselor who is very involved and inspiring with the children. Respect for all week she held an assembly for Anti-bullying. Although bullying occurs in different ways and in EVERY school it is good to know that this school is extremely proactive with Anti-bullying!!! My children have IEP's and the teachers are very attentive and accommodating to my children. The Principal is such an amazing person!!! I have never met a Principal as wonderful as she. The Assistant Principal is amazing as well. They both make such a wonderful team and provide such a family environment to this school. Being a multicultural school, this school does everything possible to engage all families to be a part of their child's school environment.

Posted November 23, 2014
This school is a disgrace to NYC schools it went from a top school to one if the lowest schools! Look at the scores! They speak for themselves! My daughter was bullied and literally came home covered in spit and had 10$ stolen from her, on a class trip; it happened on the bus! The teacher saw it happen and allowed it! Than she told my child that she would prefer for me to buy her a gift card to the American Girl Store!!!! The principal leaves early everyday to pick up her kids from school and the PTA takes advantages of all donations! The teachers are burnt out and no longer want to teach it shows in their teaching! But forced to stay their because they are only a couple years away from retiring! The office staff is rude, unprofessional, and show favoritism! Overall, I took my kid out over a year ago and she so happy and healed that PS 127 is a bad distant dream! If I can save any child from the heartache and abuse my child endure:( please do not let your child go to this school!

Posted May 28, 2014
Who writes these reviews???? I have one word for you - RUN! How is this school not overcrowded? Up until 3 years ago the school had under 400 students, now they are close to 600!! Classes have 35+ kids in them, the teachers don't care about anything but themselves. As for the principal, who knows anything about her because she NEVER speaks to any parent, she has the parent coordinator protecting her and the bullying, don't get me started. Coming from a real parent with a REAL review... RUN!

Posted December 11, 2013
The staff is very involved with the students and makes every effort to ensure every student do well. My child just started kindergarten and I especially like the fact, compare to many schools, her class is not overcrowded which is essential in meeting needs of all students . Even though the school does not have gifted and talented program, the fact that, the school makes every attempt to improve their curriculum and ensure "no child is left behind", makes this school unique and outstanding.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park 4

Posted August 30, 2013
The PS 127 administration is caring and motivated as are many of the teachers. My children enjoy school and are eager to succeed. The small size in comparison to other neighborhood schools provides a nurturing, dynamic environment.

Ps 127 Mckinley Park
7805 7 Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Ps 127 Mckinley Park is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.