Brooklyn, NY

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 2

Posted February 22, 2015
The administration needs to realize the students they serve are 3/4 to 10 years old. They are children. Sitting still in a classroom for 45 minutes per class is not an easy task, particularly for boys. Yoga isn't going to replace gym class, which is desperately needed for the children. The TADA residency is simply a once-a-week practice in class and lasts about two months for each grade. It's funded by the PTA. The discipline is old school. A lot of yelling and making kids feel bad instead of addressing the root. The band is pretty cool.

Posted January 16, 2015
I have fallen in love with this school this year. My children are growing socially, educationally and physically. The teachers are strong and the enrichment programs include yoga, TADA performance, music, art and cookshop. The facility if beautiful, the curriculum challenging and current. The PTA is committed and provides fun fundraising opportunities. The administration has done a wonderful job this year improving communication with parents.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2015
I heard about the Administration at PS132. And was shocked when ACS was called on our family 2 times. For NO reason. Even the child abuse investigator was alarmed and puzzeld. Some thing needs to change at that school. The principal is not a good fit nor is the parent co ordinator. TOO BAD!
3 people found this helpful

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
There are a few good teachers at this school, and attention to the arts in education. But, the administration and staff in general are very old school. Teachers yell at children, the lunchroom is chaos, sitting still, obedience and lining up just so are treasured. Stay away from this school.

Posted July 09, 2014
PS 132 is a great School! Principles don't threaten to call ACS unless they HAVE to. Beth Lubeck has always been fair and kind in my experience. I'm so glad I'm zoned for this school!

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
I am a parent who is very involved in the community and school. We live 5 blocks from the school and were so thrilled when our daughter got in to Pre-K at 132. She is now in Kindergarten and we are still happy. I was reading some reviews and am really curious about the negative ones. Schools are not perfect but I find this one to be a strong supportive community. My daughter's teachers keep me very involved and whenever I have a question I go right to the office and talk to people. The best thing about this school is the parent involvement. The more involved I get the better it seems. I have not had to directly ask the prinicpal anything but I can say that when my daughter saw her on the street one day she was excited and ran right up to her and they hugged. She seemed quite nice. All in all we really enjoy the school and look forward to having our 2 year old enroll!

Posted March 03, 2014
My son Loves this school. So do my wife and I! Great mix of children, caring teachers and very involved parents. There's always something going on, always some event or fund raiser. We got in when my son started kindergarten and he went from a shy child in Pre K to a happy little performer. Personally not concerned if he's "gifted and Talented by anyone's standards but ours. And he's awesome! PS 132 till he has to leave! Thanks,

Posted February 12, 2014
My daughter attended this school for Pre-K and kindergarten. i was so very disappointed with the administration, which ignored or disregarded parents' attempts to collaborate in making their child's education better.

Posted April 16, 2013
terrible experience with pre-k for our son. horrible communication. nasty teachers. also, from what i understand, this school tiers its classes by ability, starting with the "gifted and talented" class and working its way down. not an appropriate method of teaching or an appropriate way to learn. it's my personal feeling that this school has lasted so long strictly because it is the gifted school for the neighborhood, and is located in an area with an influx of kids. avoid at all costs if you would like your child to attend a school with an administration that listens to the personal concerns of parents, or that teaches in an inspiring manner with well-selected materials and a thoughtful, creative curriculum.

Posted February 19, 2013
The school's Principal refuses to allow the Gym teacher to teach in the school's gym. She insists that it be taught in the classroom where there is not ample space and the desks, chairs, bookcases, etc are a safety hazard. She is more concerned about being vindictive to the teacher than she is concerned about her students. It is time that parents learn the real truth about this school's administration and start to take actions to change it.

Ps 132 The Conselyea School
320 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11211
Last modified Ps 132 The Conselyea School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 132 The Conselyea School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top