Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 26, 2015
I have a fifth grader in this school and a kindergartener.. This is a phenomenal school!! I can't believe so many people focus on gym to give this school negative reviews!! So disappointed that so many parents are focused on this new age learning system of no homework and allowing kids to run around like animals.. Discipline is a necessity and it helps develop a child that follows rules. The teachers are awesome and the principal has never been anything but nice to us. The parent coordinator is very helpful. Every time I've had a question and email the school I have had either a phone call or an email the same day. Fairly enough not all of the staff is as pleasant as most, but they respect the children. The school has so many fabulous programs which are FREE!! So for people to expect so much more is beyond my belief.. There's always private school. If your that focused on gym try paying for your kids education..

Posted March 22, 2015
Part 2-So we opted to have my son stay enrolled and commute 3 over crowded trains too & fro daily so that he can have stable environment and consistency. While we tried to request a transfer to a shelter in brooklyn closer to his school (like the one in Flatbush ave just 1 train away)....

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 1

Posted March 17, 2015
The comment below about the lack of gym class is very true. The school used to have a fantastic gym teacher (Mr. Ross) who was adored by both students and parents. He was innovative, created new programs such as dance and was a real asset to the school. Wonder why he is no longer here and why our students do not have gym at all any more??

Posted March 17, 2015
PS 132 is a phenomenal school! Both of our children are receiving a well rounded education. The facility is brightly lit, clean and fun. Enrichment programs include music, yoga, cookshop, spanish, art and performing arts. They have a great computer lab and the communication has been great this year.

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 2

Posted February 22, 2015
The administration needs to realize the students they serve are 3/4 to 10 years old. They are children. Sitting still in a classroom for 45 minutes per class is not an easy task, particularly for boys. Yoga isn't going to replace gym class, which is desperately needed for the children. The TADA residency is simply a once-a-week practice in class and lasts about two months for each grade. It's funded by the PTA. The discipline is old school. A lot of yelling and making kids feel bad instead of addressing the root. The band is pretty cool.

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 1

Posted January 15, 2015
I heard about the Administration at PS132. And was shocked when ACS was called on our family 2 times. For NO reason. Even the child abuse investigator was alarmed and puzzeld. Some thing needs to change at that school. The principal is not a good fit nor is the parent co ordinator. TOO BAD!

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
There are a few good teachers at this school, and attention to the arts in education. But, the administration and staff in general are very old school. Teachers yell at children, the lunchroom is chaos, sitting still, obedience and lining up just so are treasured. Stay away from this school.

Posted July 09, 2014
PS 132 is a great School! Principles don't threaten to call ACS unless they HAVE to. Beth Lubeck has always been fair and kind in my experience. I'm so glad I'm zoned for this school!

Ps 132 The Conselyea School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
I am a parent who is very involved in the community and school. We live 5 blocks from the school and were so thrilled when our daughter got in to Pre-K at 132. She is now in Kindergarten and we are still happy. I was reading some reviews and am really curious about the negative ones. Schools are not perfect but I find this one to be a strong supportive community. My daughter's teachers keep me very involved and whenever I have a question I go right to the office and talk to people. The best thing about this school is the parent involvement. The more involved I get the better it seems. I have not had to directly ask the prinicpal anything but I can say that when my daughter saw her on the street one day she was excited and ran right up to her and they hugged. She seemed quite nice. All in all we really enjoy the school and look forward to having our 2 year old enroll!

Posted March 03, 2014
My son Loves this school. So do my wife and I! Great mix of children, caring teachers and very involved parents. There's always something going on, always some event or fund raiser. We got in when my son started kindergarten and he went from a shy child in Pre K to a happy little performer. Personally not concerned if he's "gifted and Talented by anyone's standards but ours. And he's awesome! PS 132 till he has to leave! Thanks,

Ps 132 The Conselyea School
320 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11211
Last modified Ps 132 The Conselyea School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 132 The Conselyea School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top