Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

If the principal is very effective she or he will make sure her teachers are also.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is an essential part of schools Learning tools. It is a big factor of your learning process, you can't have too much homework!

P.S. 133 is a great school my daughter went to this school my granddaughter and now my grandson. The principal is excellent it is a hands on school she knows all her students. I have found P.S. 133 to be an excellent school it is an excellent learning source. Every principal and staff have followed the same tradition putting children front and center and making sure each student learns to there full capacity.

Absolutely grateful I transferred my daughter from PS 321 to here. The environment at PS 133 is amazing. Best choice I ever made. My daughter's doing so much better here and getting the attention every single child deserves.

We love this school and the community. The parents are very involved and kids always challenged.

I'm surprised this school has a rating of 4 out of 10. My boys have been attending this school since pre-k. My oldest will graduate from 5th grade this year and has made honor roll several times. The teachers, principal and staff know each child by name. They are encouraging and always thinking of ways to improve this school and always welcoming parents support. My son will miss this school dearly. Luckily my youngest in just in second grade.

Our son started kindergarten in September 2013. We love it . the teachers, principal, vice principle and staff are wonderful people they always happy, polite, and cheerful. They will help you the best way they can. Also the parents in my son class are wonderful. I'm so glad that we made the best choice for our son.

My child started Kindergarten here this year in a dual language Spanish class. The principal, support staff and classroom teacher have all been extremely nurturing and helpful. In fact, during the first few days of school when my child was struggling with the newness of a "big school", the principal went out of her way to make sure both my child and I were OK. She relates at a parent first, principal second. The school is growing rapidly, and is in a beautiful new building this year with terrific resources (science labs, art, music rooms, library, new gym, outdoor spaces, etc.) There is a gym teacher, and a recess coach and focus on nutrition and exercise. Parent involvement and enthusiasm is very high to bring resources in, e.g. there is no art teacher, but they secured Studio in a School for art instruction, and a volunteer staffed "art cart" to supplement that program. The school uses the "seven habits" curriculum for character education and solving conflicts. So far, my child is absolutely loving school, is learning a lot (English and Spanish), and we are very happy there.

My mother went to this school in the 60's (on Butler st), My sister, my mother and myself attended this school in the 80's and now my two boys go to this school. The principal is great, staff are wonderful and teachers really take the time out to speak with parents regarding any concerns or just to say how wonderful their child is. I hope one day my grandchildren could attend this school.

Our son is in the French Dual Language Kindergarten class at PS 133. We are extremely happy with the school as a whole and with his teacher. Our son is excited to go to school every day. The principal Ms. Foster-Mann is dedicated to creating an open, warm and collaborative environment. The parents at PS 133 are very involved in their own class rooms as well as in the enthusiastic PTA. Our experience with PS 133 has been wonderful. We feel very fortunate to be a part of the PS 133 family.

Last modified Ps 133 William A Butler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.