Posted April 24, 2014
We love this school and the community. The parents are very involved and kids always challenged.

Posted April 21, 2014
I'm surprised this school has a rating of 4 out of 10. My boys have been attending this school since pre-k. My oldest will graduate from 5th grade this year and has made honor roll several times. The teachers, principal and staff know each child by name. They are encouraging and always thinking of ways to improve this school and always welcoming parents support. My son will miss this school dearly. Luckily my youngest in just in second grade.

Posted October 23, 2013
My child started Kindergarten here this year in a dual language Spanish class. The principal, support staff and classroom teacher have all been extremely nurturing and helpful. In fact, during the first few days of school when my child was struggling with the newness of a "big school", the principal went out of her way to make sure both my child and I were OK. She relates at a parent first, principal second. The school is growing rapidly, and is in a beautiful new building this year with terrific resources (science labs, art, music rooms, library, new gym, outdoor spaces, etc.) There is a gym teacher, and a recess coach and focus on nutrition and exercise. Parent involvement and enthusiasm is very high to bring resources in, e.g. there is no art teacher, but they secured Studio in a School for art instruction, and a volunteer staffed "art cart" to supplement that program. The school uses the "seven habits" curriculum for character education and solving conflicts. So far, my child is absolutely loving school, is learning a lot (English and Spanish), and we are very happy there.

Posted August 15, 2012
My mother went to this school in the 60's (on Butler st), My sister, my mother and myself attended this school in the 80's and now my two boys go to this school. The principal is great, staff are wonderful and teachers really take the time out to speak with parents regarding any concerns or just to say how wonderful their child is. I hope one day my grandchildren could attend this school.

Posted October 18, 2011
Our son is in the French Dual Language Kindergarten class at PS 133. We are extremely happy with the school as a whole and with his teacher. Our son is excited to go to school every day. The principal Ms. Foster-Mann is dedicated to creating an open, warm and collaborative environment. The parents at PS 133 are very involved in their own class rooms as well as in the enthusiastic PTA. Our experience with PS 133 has been wonderful. We feel very fortunate to be a part of the PS 133 family.

Posted October 18, 2011
Finding a public school can be a long and arduous challenge, especially in District 13. Was PS133 our first choice? Honestly it wasn't. Are we glad we are part of such a warm, enthusiastic and supportive community of parents, teachers and staff? Absolutely! Our son is learning rapidly, is having his horizons broadened with the wonderful enrichment programs and is excited and happy everyday he goes to school. PS133 is on the road to being one of the finest and happiest schools in District 13 and we are thrilled to be part of the community.

Ps 133 William A Butler 4

Posted October 17, 2011
Our child started in the new dual language program at PS133 this year. It's a fantastic class with an engaging teacher, a dynamic principal and very committed parents. A happy, warm environment and our child loves going there every day.

Posted February 01, 2010
My child loves her teachers, and friends at PS 133. She comes home happy everyday, and I wouldn't put her in any other school. They are in a beautiful school building, and provide many hands on learning events. Parents are a big part of their child's learning experience. I would recommend this school to any parent looking for a great elementary school.

Posted November 13, 2009
Students at 133 are well rounded and happy. The staff are easy to talk to and are willing to go above and beyond their regular duties.

Posted November 13, 2009
PS 133 is a forward thinking school. It offer students differeintiated instrution and a wide range of extracurricular activities. It is deeply involved in the science, social studies and the arts. Students leave there having learned several instrument and a plethora of interpersonal, intellectual and social skills.

Ps 133 William A Butler
211 8th St, Brooklyn, NY  11217
Last modified Ps 133 William A Butler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 133 William A Butler Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.