Posted October 12, 2014
Now there is time for parents to meet with the teacher throughout the year. Every Tuesday from 2:45 to 3:25 is for parent engagement. You may make an appointment with the teacher and or the parent coordinator. There was a PTA meeting this past Friday right after school. Parents are urged to participate.

Posted October 10, 2014
I'm being generous with the 2 stars. I'm very involved and interested in my daughter's academics. It has very frustrating trying to get her teacher to communicate with me. I send notes in my daughters backpack asking her teacher call me and either the teacher is purposely ignoring my notes or not even checking her backpack at all. The teacher has sent homework home with little to no instructions. My frustration level with this school just continues to increase by the week. It feels like her teacher just doesn't care.

Ps 145 Andrew Jackson 3

Posted September 07, 2014
This school is OK. Many people give a lackluster rating because of a personal issue and not an overall rating. In the other hand, some "staff" give the school excellent ratings while also, not rating the overall picture. I will try to rate the overall "culture" of the school. First, the administration...It used to be "open door" policy, well, not anymore. At least not with the current principal (2014). As a parent, I would like the principal to be more accessible. Overall, I give the administration 2 stars maybe 3. Next, The teachers...As with any "institution" you will have some experienced and committed staff members and you will also have some that leave a lot to be desired. Overall they are decent. I give them 3 stars, maybe 4. Next... Arts, physical Ed, extracurricular activities and after-school programs... Often overlooked by many schools, yet, very important for the development of our children. They do offer what they call "enrichment" activities, but they leave a lot to be desired! Their one bright spot is their school Choir. The choir teacher seems to be doing a great job with the kids. Overall I give the school 2 stars in this area with a possible 4 stars for the choir.

Ps 145 Andrew Jackson 5

Posted August 20, 2013
I believe that we have a nurturing environment for all students. We strive for all students to do their best. The Common Core Standards are embedded in all of our delivery of instruction. We create multiple entry points for all children that have different and unique learning styles. We work together as a team to achieve what we want from our students, success!

Ps 145 Andrew Jackson 3

Posted June 25, 2012
The public school is important part of the community as it brings together the community's students. It has developed through out the years and is a great public school for kids in the area.

Posted May 08, 2012
As a former student myself, I must admit that my experiences with this school were not the best. Throughout the years I spent in this facility, I have to admit that only ONE teacher truly motivated me to perform to the best of my abilities. As a child, I thought I was alright because I was going from one grade to another without any hesitations however, now as I look back, of course I was passing. Half the time the teachers would give me the answeres to the state eaxams so that our school would not "Flunk"! I personally still live in the same neighborhood and HIGHLY encourage that anyone seeking to truly enroll their kids into a good school to please look elsewhere....I truly did encounter MANY challenges as I grew up and entered college, most of them do to the lack of education in my elementry & middle school years. Lastly, I wish to add that the school is not the only to be blamed, but the parents are truly "ghetto" in this neighborhood and tend to take their kids to the same school where they atteneded....where they learned absolutely nothing!

Posted July 18, 2011
Of course there are moments where a parent has a bad encounter, and they are quick to judge the whole school. Maybe these negative parents should be a little more involved in the activities held in this school instead of just dropping off the child and going home to watch t.v. the school does try to reach out to them, but you can't force them. Parents barely show up to meetings, don't donate a cent when its needed but are quick to act ghetto if their child is disciplined. There are a couple of teachers and other staff members who are rude and think because they are teachers they are right all the time, but the majority are very dedicated and do love the children. Also, remember that any working environment has higher levels of authority. if you think there is something wrong with the teachers, maybe you should look at the principals and superintendents. THere could be more programs such as dance (real dance) , or art or sports, but it all depends on their budget and parent involvement, which again there is so little of it. I give the school overall 4 stars. Parents one star. Shame on you. You know who you are.

Posted October 23, 2010
Teachers are kind and care about the students. They are commited to their students and are doing the best they can with the resources they are given. Their main goal is to help each and everyone of their students achieve theirs!

Ps 145 Andrew Jackson 5

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted February 18, 2010
The school needs much improvement. the classes are horrible, the teachers not kind, and the staff just wants to get rid of the kids by the end of the day. Kid are not safe, some teachers just let the kids leave with whoever claims them. Dismissal is very disorganized and everyday the kids are more wild due to the neglect by teachers

Ps 145 Andrew Jackson
100 Noll Street, Brooklyn, NY  11206
Last modified Ps 145 Andrew Jackson is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 145 Andrew Jackson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top