Bad
Good

I feel like my son has wasted a year at PS 149. I am a Pre-K parent, and my son is not being challenged with the curriculum at his public school. He came into his class knowing all of his letters and sounds, and reading beginner books. I don't see where he has learned anything this year, he has been stagnant. They are learning things he already knows, and therefore he is lost in the cracks, and acting out in class because what they are learning he has already mastered. I feel he is being cheated, and the school has not addressed his needs. His teacher has made statements to me that my son can go to first grade academically, but his behavior will hinder him. I have never had any problems with my son acting out in school, which he started day care at 3 months old, until this year.

so far i have no major problems with the school except that i do agee the teacher should contact parents more often instead of just open school nights

My daughter is in Pre-Kindergrten and I love the way that she is being taught. Her Teachers really care about her education and overall well-being. The PTA is very helpful and they make you want tp be a part of the school's community.

This school gets 3 stars from me. My 2 kids go there and are happy there but I would like to see more communications from the teachers to the parents it could be letters, memo's, or verbal. I need to be more informed of closing, half a days and school activities ahead of time being that I am a working parent.

Last modified Ps 149 Danny Kaye is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.